It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage is Wrong and I am not a Homophobe

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Or is it all religions? In which case, a religion can be started that allows gay marriage, and problem solved.

uh... atheism dude. All the criteria is already met and atheism is recognized as a religion by the United States Supreme Court for matters such as these.

And in England, "Jedi" is considered a official religion (write in campaign a decade ago).

oh well I guess the atheists are too hell bent on not claiming gay marriage to be a right of passage of this said religion which the Supreme Court already recognizes as a system of belief?

or do atheists no support gay marriage?

atheists do support, and don't and are unsure, and have no clue what the issue is.
aka, there is no official stance...a atheist simply does not believe in a deity...other than that, they are as diverse as anything else...hell, some atheists believe in angels, aliens, and ghosts, but just want proof if a overall deity before believing.

can you tell me any religion which has already been established which recognizes the union of same sex as marriage? I don't know of any but I could be wrong, there is always that possibility...

Wiccan/druidic offshoots overall allow marriage ceremonies based on love over gender.

I support the Muslim philosophy when it comes to homosexuals, they will be pushed from the high place and banned from entering the kingdom of heaven.

edit on 17-12-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

I support christ's view on judgement, where you will be judged with the same stick you judge others

So....
Good luck with that.

and bring some sunscreen when you die

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

what does any of this have to do with me or your previous statement? that's right it doesn't...

still waiting for my link, you know link to the missing link which is undeniable and non speculative.

thanks bro...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

what does any of this have to do with me or your previous statement? that's right it doesn't...

still waiting for my link, you know link to the missing link which is undeniable and non speculative.

thanks bro...

Thats a different thread (points to the thread topic).
This thread is about the whole gay marriage thing...I think you perhaps have too many windows open.
But in reality, all of this religious stuff has little to do with gay marriage rights anyhow, as its not a religious question, its a legal question (considering its being challenged at the state and fed, and not at a church).

If the fed made a constitutional amendment to allow marriage between homosexuals, or people and robots, or aliens, or etc...thats fine...a private church can still say no as it violates their specific religious tenents at that one church...that won't change.

I don't understand your view on homosexuality in general however. Does it really bother you? I mean really really bother you?
Might want to consider why...

But from your view anyhow, your statement of basically desiring for homosexual people to go to hell...thats wishing eternal torture for someone you don't agree with. Consider that...you ever been tortured? it hurts. You then are hopeing people whom are physically born different than you to suffer eternally.

Does that sound like something christ would have taught?

Who, according to your religion, would be more or less responsible for corrupting the minds of people to want harm, suffering, and eternal pain on others?
And now you know what is influencing you.

Using religion as a tool of hate is blasphemy, unless the religions very core message is to promote hate, anger, and venom...in which case, good job.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Well said, Sisy just sounds like Fred Phelps to me.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

That is a powerful photo, the picture on the left in no way shocks me, I have sat around my mate and his boyfriend as they suck each other’s faces off drunk. At no point does it offend me nor do I have any moral objection to it.

It’s shocking that I post a thread against gay marriage and get a whole bunch of posts that suggest I am a raging homophobe who hates all homosexuals. This is just wrong, there have even been homosexual members on this very forum who have sided with me on this issue.

The issue for me is not about homosexuals it’s the liberal paradox of saying that one group in society should change to appease the other, it’s the problem when the right to express sexuality and the right to express religion clash and the state intervenes with hits liberal agenda.

You have totally missed the point.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The men embracing is no shocker,why would it beThe idea of Gay marriage makes me want to vomit.

The abbrogation of humanitys naturally catalysed committment to women and children is supported by this freaking sickening idea of Gay marriage,is physically sickens me to think of the damage that this issue has caused in our world.

I dont care who loves who or what they do in their spare time,but fella when you contribute to the degeneration of my world and to the abbrogation of caring for women and children,I defy you,marriage was created to better provide for children by keeping a core family unit together.This has nothing to do with queers ,fags,homos,homosexuals,lezzies,lesbians,use any names you want none are derogatory,how else would a normal human describe a sick human.

Get your own marriages,do what heteros did,but you might find you dont have support in doing so because marriage was designed to protect WOMEN AND CHILDREN.

Step on them and you will be punished as is happening right now and will always happen,gays are NOT equal to women and children,it just isnt so and will never be so,the day humanity granys equality to gays alongside women and kids is the day we are all screwed.

I dont care if you adopt,or contribute to charitys till you are blue in the face,if you threaten the safety,security and well being of women and kids you are in trouble.Sorry for your luck but as soon as you attacked marriage and tried to twist it and its intent to serve your personal needs you became my foe

The starving children are there because we waste our time and money fighting in court and in society redundant ideas like these people,these allegedly gay people,Gayness is a choice,born that way my arse,you choose to be who you are,if everyone born with a disability thought this way this world would be a sad place.just admit you have a problem that you dont fall into a definable category and leave it at that or define yourselves as is being done, but dont try to legitimise your illness in a court of law or public opinion by forcing society to call you equal in marriage to a man and a woman..
And leave marrige for women and children and you will be left alone,threaten that and live with that dynamic,humanity WILL not make allowances for you at a cost to women and chidren.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

Dude listen to this and think about what you are saying.

edit on 17-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
The issue for me is not about homosexuals it’s the liberal paradox of saying that one group in society should change to appease the other, it’s the problem when the right to express sexuality and the right to express religion clash and the state intervenes with hits liberal agenda.
Have I missed the part where you commented upon the Church's inherent obligation to the greater society by virtue of its tax-exempt status? Whereby we are all compelled to subsidise them as a result? It's all very well for churches to cry foul when they are called upon to follow societal dictates, but they'd get a lot more consideration from me if they got their hands out of my pocket while doing so.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ummm, if your soul is lacking in gender and marriage is based on the union of two 'souls' then what does it matter who puts what fun-bits where when we are all "In The Skin" so to speak.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Gay marriage is legal in Canada, that's not causing any problems for anyone.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

The Church is exempt from tax, so are Gay rights charities therefore I see no problem.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all

The abbrogation of humanitys naturally catalysed committment to women and children is supported by this freaking sickening idea of Gay marriage,is physically sickens me to think of the damage that this issue has caused in our world.

You mean more damage than Brittany Spear's 72-hour marriage, or Elizabeth Taylor's EIGHT marriages, or that half of all marriages end in divorce, or than all the married men have cheated on their wives at some point? Or, how about spousal abuse? You mean two guys who want to have a loving, committed relationship and possibly raise a family together causes more damage than all those other things I have listed? Are you nuts?

Get your own marriages,do what heteros did,but you might find you dont have support in doing so because marriage was designed to protect WOMEN AND CHILDREN.

One third of all child sexual abuse is perpetrated by the father who is MARRIED TO THE MOTHER of the child. Women are, by far, the most common victim in spousal abuse cases. Show me how heterosexual marriage protected those women and children. I'm waiting.

Nevermind, I'm not even going to follow up on the rest of your post, as you obviously have some mental issues. Please get help.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Marriage is something that is meant to be made in heaven. It is not for us to judge if it is right or not. If two men want to get married leave it to God to decide..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

oops!

you're the man you're the man...

sorry folks I don't know how I mixed that up? I was going from my inbox, thought I only had one window open.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I see now that... that's what this fuss is all about... entitlements and money?

interesting, even so if the states that approve it then it's just not enough?

the Federal Government is going to have about as much luck forcing the gay marriage issue on the population as a whole as they will with implanting a chip in each individuals hand.

besides... what would the world think of us?

...nobody cares about Canada btw

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

You can try to rationalise and equalise and BS all you like,but at the end of the day the storyline hasnt changed,stay away from marriage and keep your gayness to yourself and if you arent gay and trying to save gay people from the big bad world,then get a life,but above all else STAY OUT OF MARRIAGE,it was created and designed to protect and support women and children,hetero couples,NOT gay couples.

You must have the mental challenges ,I do not oppose gayness or fairyness or any other name you want to tag onto this lifestyle,I dont care if you think you got gay from a virus,or from a tequila night or from birth,all those issues are besides the point-----STAY AWAY FROM MARRIAGE -------that is for heterosexuals who plan on having children,I dont care about your feelings you are not supposed to spin doctor things to fit your personal preferences,I dont care if your heart is solid gold,keep your noses out of marriage.

Go apply with the government and the churches for your own gay marriages,stop trying to hitchhike on all the hard work the heteros before you put in you lazy bums.Stuff your lawyers as well,who cares if you can `legally`flaunt your illness in front of everyone because a judge says so.Know this,you are legally forcing an issue society does not want to allow you to have,you are FORCING us all to conform to your ideals and to accept you by using laws designed to defend and protect women and children,that is the most cowardly thing I have ever seen.

And for the record,it is good when gay people meet and stay together,at least they arent making any more sick babies,and no you shouldnt get ANY marriage rights whatsoever.And no you shouldnt get to adopt either--children have an inborn right to a hetero perspective from birth,you have no right to sell you twisted brand of reality to children,NO ONE HAS TWO DADS ---its a lie and its sickening.

Two men or two women sharing a relationship or private moments IS NOT sickening it is human behaviour,selfish twisted people who are willing to sacrifice and abbrogate the safety and security of children by bastardising whats left of marriage in our culture to satisfy their personal wants and desires is sickening,and the thought of gay people brainwashing a normal kid into thinking that gay is normal is also sickening.I do not believe gays should be allowed to adopt and if they have kids and then go gay,same rule,no gay teaching,you can explain to your kids that you have an illness when they are old enough like a diabetic would.Judges should not grant custody to parents who are living and teaching a gay lifestyle to their kids,gay people cannot have children.And if they do before they are gay they need to give them up to deal with their illness before getting them back.When the day comes that they can sit there and tell their kids they suffer from an illness then they can have the kids back,but they need to come out of denial first.

People are born with illnesses all the time,so what,you still need to be grounded in reality,gays just get lawyers and try to change reality to fit themselves and they DONT care who they step on as they try to do this.

Leave marriage alone,it is for women and children,not gay couples.Make your own marriage laws the same way heteros do,if you can that is.But you already know you cannot so you get lawyers and force society to accept you on terms you yourself dictate.And then you wonder why you take heat,after jamming your illness down everyones throats.

Gays will never get the benefit of the doubt and as quickly as the marriage laws were bastardised they can be returned to the way they were,dont assume things will stay how they are.

I have gay friends,but not delusional gay friends,all gay people arent activists,many are very much out of denial and are trying to make the best of their lives without forcong their illness on other people by using laws,politics and hidden agendas to further their personal perspectives at a cost to women and children.

You really dont think gay people are afflicted with an illness--------

You are screwed in the head,imagine trying to tell a non-medicated schitzophrenic that it isnt really god they are talking to in their head!!!!As we know they might kill you trying to defend their own reality,now try telling a gay person they arent normal and they are ill---you will get a similar reaction as they scramble to rationalise the reality they WANT and attempt to change the reality they LIVE IN with the rest of us.Its like a schitzoid getting a lawyer so they can stop taking their meds and stay sick,many many mentally ill people do just this they go to extremes to keep their own reality intact even if it means hurting women and children,teaching normal kids that gay is not an illness is a prime example of this behaviour,no one wants to be labeled when they have an illness but we still need to do it so we can help them get better or at least learn to live with their illness.it only becomes an illness when there is a willingness to hurt women and children through the bastardization of marriage which was specificlly designed to protect and support WOMEN AND CHILDREN,not gay couples.

A schitzoid is not ill if they stay away from people and dont try to get the rest of us to do what the voices in their heads tell them to do,but as soon as they do that we need to get them medical and mental help,exactly the same with gays,come out of the closet and try to change heteros or their systems and institutions to fit your gay reality and expect to be treated for your illness---stay away from societys concerns for women and kids and you can self-treat until you die and no one will bother you,and if they do,buck it up,life is hard for everyone who has an illness.

Thats where I stand,I dont care to interfere with anyones life gay or not gay,but when people screw with women and kids and the preventative and protective measures society has developed for them over many many generations the gloves come off and you are in for a fight to the end,NO WOMEN--NO CHILDREN.

And for all you non-gay people who get off being able to say you have a gay friend because you think it makes you more progressive or cool,get a life,these people are sick and you should not take advantage of them this way and glorify their illnesses to garner attention to yourself.

And to the lippy poster who alluded that I may have mental issues--you are the reason people pick on gays because you try to start fights when most of them know they are ill and are trying to get by,good luck in your crusade,I am feeling pretty comfortable persuing mine,and I happen to have the majority of humanity on my side,we ALL want to help people who are ill in some way big or small.

And so the record is straight here,pardon the pun,when I walk down the street anywhere in this world I am surrounded by hetero people,and I like it that way,it keeps me grounded in reality and prevents me from defending an unjust and undeserving cause,gayness is an unjust and undeserving cause,treating gay people mediclly and mentally who act out within society ,is a just and deserving cause.Trying to horn in on traditional marriage by refusing to apply for your own gay marriages is a sign that intervention is needed,trying to take healthy normal babies and teach them that two men sucking face is normal is a sign intervention is needed,trying to put books in schools full of normal kids that promote gay marriages and say its normal to have two dads or two moms is a sign intervention is needed. I will die knowing that hetero is normal and so will everyone reading this,there has been no gay revolution just some lawsuits initiated by undiagnosed gay people,gayness will one day be recognised as an illness again as it was in the past,and either way I am comforted knowing that. many many people who are born with or develop illnesses of many kinds lead happy productive lives,one day gay people will also have this peace of mind and peace of soul,the medical world just needs to work harder to frame a way to diagnose and treat this illness.

You want to get married,then get a gender reassignment and go for it,you want to get married gay---forget about it,and yes there is a very big difference,someone getting a gender reassignment is based in REALITY and is dealing with their illness in a reasonable way,I would support any gay person who chooses to sacrifice their gender assignment they were born with to be abe to adopt or raise children,but NOT openly gay and untreated people who are not in the same reality as the majority of humanity.There it is,one of you go get your plumbing changed and teach your kids that hetero is normal and I have no problems,but I will never allow a gay reality to overshadow a hetero one in the eyes of our future generations.

People are born without normal arms,legs,eyes lungs,and sexual orientations,and we have a societal obligation to help and treat them all no matter what challenges they face day to day,we are obligated to provide our support as soon as they rebel and try to spread or propogate their illness.Times change as the societal perspective on gayness also changes,the pendulum swings both ways and will forever swing out of balance for gays,this is the world we all live in.

I will never say gay is normal on any level wether some claim to be born gay or not,doing so is anti-humanitarian,just because you are born with a defect or a difference doesnt make you normal by proxy.I have never gone out of my way to interfere in any gay persons life in any way,until now when i see this marriage issue come up,its sickening the nerve of these people.I will never judge a sick or ill person that isnt exibiting anti-humanitarian behaviour either--but I will aknowledge their state and try to help them seek treatment if they try to change or influence the hetero based systems we have in place for women and kids---like marriage..

And to all you part timers who sideline by swinging both ways then go back to the comfort of your hetero relationships and reality---but lip off and defend the gay cause without aknowledging it as an illness,you are sick in the head for taking advantage of ill people,you are worse than pimps and johns.I dont respect you.swing both ways and keep your mouth shut and I will simply have no respect for you,speak out and up on the topic and i immediatly assume you have been afflicted with gayness and strive to offer you help and treatment which we all know starts with helping you get through the denial stage,all illnesses can be approached from the same basic curative perspective in a general sense.

Just wait till a diagnosed #zophrenic decides to get a lawyer stop his meds and run for the Presidency,ha ha ah ha ha.it sure is a crazy world ,and sometimes its good to remind ourselves we dont really get very much time here on earth so we need to remember to think of the future generations a little more than ourselves--hint hint.Dont leave a mess when you leave this world,just try to make it run smoothly for future generations and give as much as you take.

And speak your minds,dont let convention or propriety keep you silent,who cares what the small special interest groups think,they are small and special interest for a reason,because they are so few,just give no ground up on behalf of normal reproducing humanity to try to ease the suffering of a small group of ill people .

edit on 17-12-2012 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

The Church is exempt from tax, so are Gay rights charities therefore I see no problem.
Ah yes, but Gays are not going door to door trying to get everyone to be just like them. They wish to be accepted, not promote a dynasty. Besides, I don't think Gay Rights charities have quite so much tied up in real estate.

Nice try, though.

Very soon, society will look back on this debate with the same sense of disbelief as women's suffrage and racial equality.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

oops!

you're the man you're the man...

sorry folks I don't know how I mixed that up? I was going from my inbox, thought I only had one window open.

No worries, I have been known to accidently cross post.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

the Federal Government is going to have about as much luck forcing the gay marriage issue on the population as a whole as they will with implanting a chip in each individuals hand.
Or re-electing a Black president.

besides... what would the world think of us?
You really want to open that can of worms?

...nobody cares about Canada btw
Seems that you guys spend a lot of time checking out the Great Pink North. C'mon up...we'll leave a light on.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Gays don't have too... they have historically perverse Hollywood on their side... not to mention the news media, it's how they slip things into your lives now a day in case you haven't noticed?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join