It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another gun killed a person

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Primordial

Someone above made reference to how many are killed by doctors and was told you cant compare because doctors aren't trying to intentionally kill you, but it is actually something to think about. If doctors, who are actually trying to help you, are ten times more likely to kill you than getting shot .... well doesn't that tell you something about gun owners? With approximately 100 million gun owners (that we are aware of) possessing tools designed specifically to kill yet actually killing ten times less than those who possess the tools specifically made to save you, it looks like it's better to have a gun protecting you all day than a doctor treating you all day.

This is brilliant, Primordial. Let them wrestle with this logic. Hahaha

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by marvinthemartian
reply to post by NavyDoc

If they were not there in the first place there would'nt be so many in the hands of criminals
and there would'nt be as much paranoia about gun toting madmen.

Criminals would make their own homemade guns

If criminals were not there in the first place there wouldn't be as much paranoia about gun toting madmen. I say we ban criminals. Oh wait, we already did.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Yes bot how many of those attack's where fatal or led to multiple fatalities?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Gun's don't kill people?? Tell that to the parents of the 5 to 10 year old kiddies who have just died by gunshot today.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

No, i think you mean some criminals would make their own guns.

Also you link to an american news story not a U K one, how is this relevant to U K gun laws?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

Yes bot how many of those attack's where fatal or led to multiple fatalities?

Not much but that's only because there's no need to make their own guns. But if guns didn't exist in the first place ALL criminals would have to make their own. If they want to kill some one they will.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Nuff said!

Thank you MrWendal for providing a visual aid to those who can't read and refuse to discern the facts about Gun Control but the realities are that until most of these people lose something they care about, they are not going to do anything about anything.

The realities were very clearly addressed on a recent Jeff Rense conversation with Jordan Maxwell

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Your statement makes no sense.

my point was guns make it easier to kill and especially easier to kill multiple people.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If anyone of those people at the scene of any one of those massacres had a gun, I'm sure a lot less people would have been killed.

You take away guys from innocent people and that leaves the criminals with guns.

My favorite quote was from Chris Rock:

“Never go to clubs with metal detectors. Sure it feels safe inside. But what about all those niggas waiting outside with guns? They know you ain't got one.”

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Undeadlady
Gun's don't kill people?? Tell that to the parents of the 5 to 10 year old kiddies who have just died by gunshot today.

I am very disturbed by what happened today. I can't even find the words to express how deeply I am saddened by it. I have my own kids and the thought of somebody come into a school and open fire on innocent babies makes me cry. I think that's all that can be said about it at the moment.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
I bore witness to an interesting even a few months ago on our range here in Mandurah, a guy new to reloading his 38 revolver mentioned that he was using this ADI AR2217 Powder in his loads. I thought about that for a minute while we were in prep time and asked him why was he using rifle cartridge powders to which he replied it was the only powder the shop had.

At this point I thought he was joking until he pulled the trigger and then stopped shooting, basically his cylinder had ruptured and jettisoned the rear sight blade into space. This could of resulted in the gun killing the user but luckily all he got was the embarrassment of having to put a drop saw through his now useless revolver.

See, this person is too stupid to own a firearm. He is a danger to himself and everyone around him. He'll be a statistic somewhere. He is not helping the cause. But it's not the gun's fault he is an idiot.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The criminals would love for guns to be banned everywhere, it would just make their life so much easier. Who would want their victim shooting back at them?

People forget why we have / need guns anyway, it is to protect ourselves from our Government. If you take away our guns, then we are just sitting ducks for whatever.

How would you protect yourself from a home invasion without a gun against a person with a gun? Home Alone style?

link   

Your statement makes no sense.

my point was guns make it easier to kill and especially easier to kill multiple people.

Cars make it even easier. It does not take a lot of effort to slam into a bunch of people at a bus stop. Guns are not made to kill, they are made to defend yourself and hunt for food. What evil motherfu***rs do with it is another story.

link   

Originally posted by whatsecret

Originally posted by Undeadlady

I am very disturbed by what happened today. I can't even find the words to express how deeply I am saddened by it. I have my own kids and the thought of somebody come into a school and open fire on innocent babies makes me cry. I think that's all that can be said about it at the moment.

If not by gun, then by something else. Unfortunately, there will always be a "something else." It's tragic but when someone wants to hurt someone else, they will use whatever means is there to do so.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Having just seen the news i think it would be inappropriate to continue this discussion.

my thoughts are with all involved.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Having just seen the news i think it would be inappropriate to continue this discussion.

my thoughts are with all involved.

I agree.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatsecret
Just another reminder that if one wants to kill himself or others making guns illegal won't stop him. In this case he was in a building where guns are prohibited. Few days a go somebody executed a man in broad day light in busy Midtown Manhattan where guns are illegal.

Sad stories but people should not forget that guns don't kill... people do.

Man who fatally shot himself inside the Hugo L. Black U.S. Federal Courthouse this morning has been identified.

BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - A man who fatally shot himself inside the Hugo L. Black U.S. Federal Courthouse this morning has been identified. The Jefferson County Coroner's Office identified the man as 50-year-old David Lee Williams. Williams was the director of building services for the federal courthouse. Authorities said Williams walked into the office of U.S. Clerk of Court Sharon Harris and shot himself in the forehead. Lawmen have not said what led up to the shooting, or whether there was any conversation between Williams and Harris before he killed himself.

I was just wondering when it was that the gun decided to kill someone. What was the gun even thinking ? Guns should be banned from killing people. Either that or the people that actually use guns to murder should be punished, because guns don't kill, the people using them do.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Without a gun the shooter in Newton today would have what...????

Stoned them to death?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

But the syringe, nor the bleach were designed specifically with ending life.

And yes, all those things make a criminal, but we aren't discussing that now, are we.

I know somebody from the United Kingdom would have no understanding of this whatsoever. But guns are also for self defense.

Americans have the right to defend ourselves. We do not want your gun laws shoved down our throats, as England should know full well how gruesume the alternative is, if we start hacking and slashing eachother with swords again.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

I have spent plenty of time around these weapons, as almost everyone I know is law enforcement. They are all issued them and carry them all the time.

As to the safety issues...
As I posted above, the manufacturer itself stated in an internal document that they were aware of the problems. They hid the documents relating to the matter, when they should have been turned over to the court on at least one occasion. On top of that, they have been quietly settling out of court with folks to keep this out of the press.

No offense, but I'm going to believe the internal documents of the manufacturer and designer over a fan and owner every day of the week.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join