It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tweeters 'could be military targets'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Well, I guess it all goes to show that nothing you post on the internet is truly anonymous. Everything you post, you might as well be just as comfortable announcing from a podium in front of 1000 people. Even moreso actually, because internet posts last forever. If you decide to run for president 20 years from now, people are gonna pull up that one comment on that one thread on ATS from 25 years ago and destroy you

Not saying that I agree with any form of censorship at all, which this appears to be... but people DO need to be a bit more tactful about what they're posting online, because it will never truly be 100% anonymous.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You do realize that most people on this website are too dumb to contribute anything, tactically or otherwise, to anyone...right? They are referring to the spread of tactical information through social media websites. I have never seen anything close to "solid intelligence" on this site and I don't believe I ever will. I wouldn't lose any sleep over this if I were you.

I disagree, I think many in here have valid points and statements, and I haven't even been here for such a long time.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
In my opinion solution is very simple.
Shut off two major social networks... Facebook and Twitter.

Oh man.... I really, really hope they do.

Pleeeaaaaase do it

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

This world is now insane. Why are tptb so messed up in the head. They screw the whole world up and then blame it on the public.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Nice idea grandpa.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Just fulfilling biblical law, Deuteronomy 13:15: "you must certainly put to the sword all that live in that town. DESTROY IT COMPLETELY, BOTH ITS PEOPLE AND ITS LIVESTOCK."

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So lucky that we have the first amendment rights in the United States that protects us from that craziness.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
In every way, every day, this world goes to abyss.
In my opinion solution is very simple.
Shut off two major social networks... Facebook and Twitter.

These sites allow freedom of speech, they also allow hate, Racism, Bigotry, Prejudice against others to be
allowed to spew it's venom on an open platform.

I am not a fan of Social Media, people with SERIOUS issues go there. Twitter is the worlds worst.
I know you can block people, but you end up spending most time blocking.
I live in Scotland and the UTTER VENOM between Catholic and Protestant is HUGE in South/MidWest Scotland. (Not in England, lol, different country altogether)

Two teams, Celtic FC and Rangers Sevco United are there, and the HATE from the Protestant half is, well, HORRIBLE. Here is a blog I did about it .
shaunygblog.wordpress.com...
This is my own personal blog, and this is every others second, every day in this part of Scotland.

Twitter, I would close down in a heartbeat... Twitter owners do nothing.
People are allowed to throw venom and nothing. Post over 200 Tweets an hour = suspended..lol

Anyway... lol

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

I agree with some of your points, but the quote below caught my attention.

These sites allow freedom of speech, they also allow hate, Racism, Bigotry, Prejudice against others to be
allowed to spew it's venom on an open platform.

So do telephones, should we get rid of those too?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Does that mean the Pope could now be a military target? What about the members of parliament? We can dream.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

"So if social media operators or users engage in the conflict by uploading, downloading, sharing, or otherwise adding to content in any way, they then become actors contributing to hostilities," Ms Diggins said.

Note the part where it says "downloading" too. Just by viewing content online your browser downloads a copy of it. Does that mean if I even read a comment about a conflict on my computer and it downloads a copy that I become an enemy?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dug88

Yes, I noticed that too. It's pretty sneaky isn't it?

This is not as insignificant as some people are making it out to be.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mc4denmark

Maybe it is because you have not been here a long time that you do not realize that the number of valid statements (while still of no tactical value whatsoever) are outnumbered at least 100 to 1 by hyperbole.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
If you are tweeting positions of army forces, their makeup, or information that could be used against them, you are a spy, and in essence, a threat.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

well, if that's really true, then why is Geraldo still free and spreading all the toxic thoughts he possibly can ? embedded, he nearly got all of them embalmed.

personally, i wonder if this applies to the msm ?
i presume their video, propaganda and play-by-play reports will remain untouchable

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join