It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tweeters 'could be military targets'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I never took an oath or signed a non-disclosure agreement....maybe they should have hired me 20 years ago.

It is what it is.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Right now that IS a big joke , but if push ever comes to shove and troops are actively engaged in combat you'd better not start coughing up information on where they are and what their doing , or somebody might want a word with you . ( if you're lucky )

I think we know that anyway but with things going the way they are keeping some fundamentals in mind couldn't hurt .

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thudpuddy

The people have the right to defend themselves from illegal invaders/occupiers. To assume that the military invaders have moral high ground over the aggressors. If my country were to get invaded, you bet your ass off I would tweet my ass away about who, what, and where is going on.

Perhaps that makes me a target, but I don't give a #

My respect goes out to those who endanger themselves to expose this evil.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

Originally posted by MDDoxs

However, I do share some concerns of how far such policies could extend to the home front. Questioning government action via twitter all of a sudden turns you into a military target?

I don't think it's about questioning Government, more so about catching those who are inciting violence and supporting/planning terrorism.

i'm sure the OP is not talking about that or tweeting about enemy troop movements

the OP's concern is whether you or anyone pointing out disinfo [like say favorable to the US/Nato pupets-mercenary-terror* COUGH* rebels] could be interpreted by say, the USGOV as aiding and abetting the enemy.

mess with the american empires disinfo campaigns by exposing them and you too can be droned.
given that there is already precedent permitting the assassination of us citizens...

but i see you're fine with tyrants presuming to posses god like rights over whether you or anybody lives or dies
my post is mainly for those who refuse to be sheeple.

these self deluded gods don't seem to realize that when non-violent solutions to criminality, corruption and tyranny in government are made illegal/impossible for the people what remains is an anything goes/fair game attitude when it comes to politicians, corporate overlords and stockholders and other trash long overdue for the recycle bin.
of course that may be the plan: goad people so as to use it as justification for more abuses, the hotheads and kneejerks will still serve as example of how not to go about it

leaving cooler heads to eventually spring a surprise on them

lol and meh to those who preach the idiocy of "working within the system"

S&F
better start posting from a bunker, as i'm sure some folks in israel are creaming themselves in hopes of this becoming SOP

edit on 13-12-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: added comment

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I know man, some people think this kind of action is a good thing. They embrace their enslavement and believe their government cares for them and when they take away things like lamebook and #tter they believe it's for their own good.

"We need to protect our banking overlords, and their corporate/imperialistic interests!"

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Whups , dang , sorry guy . I foolishly forgot to mention that I was talking about snitching on OUR guys , Of course you should try to help our troops . My point was that unless it's important enough to be worth your life you need to not be doing it on twitter .
Calm down , I'm on our side .

I just thought I'd add that a spy or an observer who gets himself killed in the first few seconds of a conflict doesn't do a lot of good .
edit on 13-12-2012 by thudpuddy because: I just read the the post again

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
i don't believe there is anything wrong with twitter in theory, besides the stupid name and calling a glorified real time email a "tweet".

it's the way that's it's implemented that's stupid. by having "followers" and encouraging idol worship and inflating already massive egos to the point where some twitter "leaders" ,i guess, are bordering on clinical psychosis.

why can't they call it something less derogatory, like admirers, contacts etc.

i personally would call all who follow lady gaga, piers morgan etc or anybody on twitter, twits. which is more appropriate.

it would make more sense, sign up and tweet with lebron james and his 5,000,000 twits on twitter

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I can't wait for the 1st retweet saying ...

Nnyah Nyahhh! Missed me!

Personal Disclosure: It would bring new meaning to world wide war ... oops I ment world wide web!

So when 'they' say 'Hardware' now, down at the local computer store ... what do they really mean?

edit on 13-12-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to convert chat bbcode into ats bbcode :shk:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

The age is one of the more respected newspapers in Australia and the source it references, while not being associated to the Australian Defence Force, seems rather solid.

Australia has always been at the forefront of internet censorship of the more advanced and developed nations. Some of the legislation proposed and often passed in our parliament is so draconian, even Hitler wouldn't get behind it.

I tweeted a fair bit about the recent Israeli strikes on the Gaza Strip. I'm not worried, despite the fact they were rather critical of Israel, but a fair bit of the information floating on twitter is extremely revealing of Israeli tactics, in particular their targeting of media outposts and civilians. I understand why they would target tweeters given their genocidal regime.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

They can silence me when they can pry my keyboard from my cold dead fingertips!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What a world; people regarded as threats as if words could draw blood. We are witness to the death of rationality and the retardation of mankind, a new dark age.

edit on 14-12-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
You are right. Someone tweeted something nasty about me and I had them bumped by Mosad.

In other words... don't be silly. If you can't, go hide under a rock, because they're going to get you!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It is the potential snowballing that worries me. (no, not that kind of snowballing you perv.)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

But to get rid of social networking would stop the flow of information that we would normally not hear about such as reports you will not hear about from the media from people on the frontlines.

That's what ATS is for man, I'll hear about stuff first from here before anywhere else. Yo say you get info from those sites you must have alot of friends or something because all I get from facebook is these pictures people post off of sites with phrases on them trying to express their feelings or make someone laugh.

I have never seen anything on my facebook account but nonsense. Shut them all down...I really don't care I never logon my facebook account unless someone messages me....twitter....yeah right I wouldn't waste my time unless I was getting paid salary.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by thudpuddy

The people have the right to defend themselves from illegal invaders/occupiers. To assume that the military invaders have moral high ground over the aggressors. If my country were to get invaded, you bet your ass off I would tweet my ass away about who, what, and where is going on.

Perhaps that makes me a target, but I don't give a #

My respect goes out to those who endanger themselves to expose this evil.

So, in short.........Expose the Corruption - suffer the consequences.

LOL - I can just see how this would have played out at the military base with young Chloe...............

** The Military General thinks.........How am I meant to carry out my mission when they keep exposing our lies - I'm never gonna get those millions promised to me if I do not complete the mission** then.......

"Sergeant Diggins, come here, write this down"..............

"If I catch anyone tweeting and/or showing photos on the Internet of rebels armed to the teeth with brand new military issued weapons, of intelligence agents training rebels, of people showing videos of our secret operations to topple governments that do not abide by the agenda our corporate masters have laid down for us then you will be killed"

"Now, take that to the spin doctors and get them to write it up so that it looks like we a fighting against an enemy we did not create. Make sure they emphasise those bloody social networks but make it look like we are taking about the M.E only - but I want it hinted at the general population - because increasing portions of them are interfering in our mission to carry out the agenda to deceive the planet into believing we actually have an enemy so the NWO can be installed".

"Remember Chloe - divide and conquer, divide and conquer"

Corruption Exposed indeed!

S&F

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
They would shoot you as a SPY!
even taking an innocent photo can give secrets away.
they will USE this to Block and control the internet.

"fire the missiles at the white hose at 7pm."

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Just another piece of the puzzle for the Civil war.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I guess this thread has been put on twitter because I have never seen so many stars on the first page of a thread ever.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a lot of people seem not to have comprehended that is what you tweet that counts - not simple fact that you have a twitter account

in the 1`9th century - being caught dispatching carrier pidgeons carring messages about troops movements - was often an act ` giving aid to the enemy `

in the 20th century - [ wwii ] people were excecuted for transmitting the locations of warships to enemy forces by radio transmitter

why is it a suprise that the ability to " tweet " a message ` 24 tanks + 3bn infantry crossing the border at < insert location > ` be any different ?

twitter is just the method of transmission - its wether the tweet " gives aid to the enemy " that counts

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I guess this thread has been put on twitter because I have never seen so many stars on the first page of a thread ever.

Ok guys, who put this on Twitter?

Anyone gonna fess up?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join