It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else KIND of getting that, Pre- Y2K, "What If" feeling? I know nothing is going to happ

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I am no doomsday freak, BUT its Funny, I got a little freaked out yesterday, I thought..."What IF". At some point in time the "What If" will happen. When Y2K went down, it was all good. I got a little freaked out, listening to Art Bell, back then and stocked up (a little). Now I live in So Cali, and I have to be ready for "the big one" at all times. I am making no additional effort to be ready for 12/21. So, many people are freaked out about 12/21. I know that at some point in time, this world we live in WILL see the "What If" hell it could be NKorea that causes it for all I know. With so many things now in OUR hands that could cause an irreversible demise of our population, and mother nature, I have to say I kind of thought "What If" . Please don't beat me up for posting this. It was all just a thought. I am pretty sure that on Dec 22 I will wake up nice and cozy, but "What If".

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
More like "Well DUH" I made a lot of money on the Y2k Freaks not so much this time around

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I got that what if feeling today for a brief time because i realised its a week away. But then i watched Nasa's 'I told ya so' video and it made me feel better

Honestly though i think come the day everyone will have that what if feeling, even if they won't admit it.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
New Years Eve, 1999 - I was in a large field, outside of a farmhouse, watching as a band that, would go onto some level of notoriety, try to overcome the challenges of playing a private concert in the middle of a rather large and heavily wooded area... by using extension cords to try and bring power from a house that was hundreds of yards away.

I was drunk, the band was OK - even with their electrical woes - and I had a blast that night.

Should you ever hear "talk" about the night a drunken guy came wandering out of the woods, dragging a tree, and holding a bent and sappy survival knife - all because folks were complaining that the bonfire was dying... Yeah that was me and that was my Y2K. It was incredible - and the hangover that plagued me the following day left me not giving the first damn about whether or not the world imploded and society failed to be.... just as long as the apocalypse was quiet and didn't make my head throb any worse? I was fine with it.

My point is that I imagine, come the morning of December, 22... I'll probably find myself in the same place - hoping that, if the Mayans were right, that it all goes quietly and doesn't worsen the headache I'll likely have. To worry about that which I cannot possibly even begin to control? Meh. That I don't care to attempt.

Live until you live no longer. What else is there to do?

~Heff

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I know what you mean. I think the date will come and go like any other day.

However, the last few days I have been thinking 'what if'. Almost in the back of my mind a small part of me is a bit wary of the 21st. My girlfriend is really scared of whats going to happen, but like i said to her theres no reason to fear it, if the world ends then we will all be dead so it doesnt matter!

I have been noticing a few strange things lately though, a massively increased military aircraft presence over where I live. Several chinooks a day and a Gazelle today aswell...

To be fair I am probably just assuming its wierd because its not something you see here often, but who knows.

What will be will be.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm hoping something big happens that I have nothing to do with, but if that other something doesn't happen, then I guess I'm the last resort to uphold what the Mayans and others wrote about.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey
I know what you mean. I think the date will come and go like any other day.

However, the last few days I have been thinking 'what if'. Almost in the back of my mind a small part of me is a bit wary of the 21st. My girlfriend is really scared of whats going to happen, but like i said to her theres no reason to fear it, if the world ends then we will all be dead so it doesnt matter!

I have been noticing a few strange things lately though, a massively increased military aircraft presence over where I live. Several chinooks a day and a Gazelle today aswell...

To be fair I am probably just assuming its wierd because its not something you see here often, but who knows.

What will be will be.

I live in LA and the other day I was alerted by these military aircrafts also...a couple of them heading south. It got me thinking also.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Wow, you were at my party? Small world! Ha
2nd line

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Is anyone else KIND of getting that, Pre- Y2K, "What If" feeling?
Nope...I'm waiting for some 'true believer' to give me their car.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurthall
I am no doomsday freak,

What exactly is a "doomsday freak"?

Words,catagories,lables,euphamisms,and ridicule such as this has been used since the begining of language itself to make sure people don't step too far out of line from the consensus reality, and if they do, it will ensure that not too many people follow them.

I mean afterall, who wants to be labled a "doomsday FREAK"?

No me!
So I guess I will refrain from discussing the matter so I don't get labeled.

No, better yet, I'll postulate a question such as "what if".
That way, I can get a discussion going without actually having to commit to being "one of them".

I am not a "doomsday freak" either (whatever that is)
however, there is NOTHING wrong with preparing for it, especially since ALL SIGNS point to the idea that it is coming and probably sooner rather than later.

Just not a big fan of the name calling on ANY topic.
It only serves to strengthen an argument thru ridicule rather than true and honest debate.
This is a VERY old tactic.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I was just watching the activity in Central America and thinking 'what if it's THEIR world that will be turned upside down"? Were they aware of the outside world? Strictly going of that last image from the Dresden codex,with the water spewing from the "crocodiles" mouth. Just entertaining some crazy thinking for a bit , They've been having an uptick in seismic activity , I know because I watch it and have been for 2 years , I know that any is normal but the quakes have been few and far between until recently.
just a thought....

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
12 21 2012 and the fiscal cliff. One way or another in and or around 12 21 2012 the US Government is either going to act or not act on it's fiscal budget and what ever decision is made will bring a new age. So in a way they Meyans will be right regardless of the outcome the US will either sink or swim soon and that will change the dynamics of the future in a huge way for all on Earth. Sadly for us mostly doom is forecast and perhaps all the doom to come in centered around the US Economy.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I don't wonder what if about it at all. My only real concern is the people who actually believe the world is coming to an end on the 21st. Who knows what they are capable of, I would hate to see some type of self fulfilling prophesy.

Nothing is going to happen in the realm of the paranormal, astronomical, or geological activity.

Of course when it is raining blood and monkey fetuses on the 21st I will be the first to admit I was wrong.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

A doomsday FREAK, is someone who thinks that With every creak and fracture the freaking world is going to end....Every chance they get, the world is ending. I have seen it way toooooooooooo many times, and that is NOT me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The What if feeling got us thinking about many things in my house...

With all the crappy weather, storms, and other natural emergencies paired with the state of the global economy and tensions between many countries... we thought we'd get some stuff together and make a plan.

Make a plan and go with the flow because you don't know what comes next sometimes...

The Japanese likely never thought about having such a big EQ and all those damages to deal with. Stuff can hit the fan at any moment... I wouldn't drive a car without insurance, just the same as I think it's silly not to have an emergency plan and supplies ready.

Better to have and not need than need and not have. Anything can happen at any time.

new topics

top topics

join