Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Grandest Conspiracy Ever Known. The New Age Religion of the Unproven Speculation (theory) of Evo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by begoodbees

You just said it. "I believe" you believe in evolution although you cannot prove it. I never said anything about what I believe. You assume that because I don't blindly buy into the evolution nonsense that I am religious. This demonstrates your ability to accept your own assumptions as fact.

Did you not say this in the OP:

It seems evident to me that species were created to sustain themselves within a given set of parameters

I assume that since you said this...you think creationism is a viable theory. That's cool, so do I. But if we follow your logic, believing in either evolution or creationism is religious in origin.

The point being that in trying to label those that believe in evolution as religious faithful, you have painted yourself into a corner in which you fit into the same pigeon-hole you laid out for the rest of us.

I do not follow any doctrine of man therefore by my estimation I am not religious. I do not take anything for granted. This is not about me anyhow it is about religious persecution.

Also I am not saying that it is bad to be religious I am just calling BS on those who think that their religion is so superior and factual.
edit on 13-12-2012 by begoodbees because:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by begoodbees
The utter obsurdity of this unproven speculation that somehow something as complex as even a single cell could manifest on its own in a pool of chemicals is mind boggling. Add to that the complexity of DNA and it becomes not just implausible but impossible.

Perhaps you should reread your own OP.
You are arguing irreducible complexity.

Very much like the argument the character Ruth puts forth to Paul in the movie 'Paul'.
Her argument is of the human eye, which is the same argument you put forth about a single cell.

Evolution happens... Get over it.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Could you please comment on the struture of the fossil record and the sedmentary layers they are found in...

This is strong evidence for evoultion and is a required knowledge for a degree in biology.

Heres a video, if your as ignorant as you appear to be this might help it even has music so you can pay attention because obviously school didnt work.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I do not follow any doctrine of man therefore by my estimation I am not religious. I do not take anything for granted. This is not about me anyhow it is about religious persecution.

What are you doing in this thread? You are claiming that people who subscribe to the theory of evolution are religious....and then bashing them for believing it!

Therefore, by definition, you are the one persecuting here.

ETA: If you can subscribe to any theory you wish without being labeled religious, why can't everyone else?
edit on 13-12-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice

But over more time with more variations something would change into a different species. It would "evolve".

That is a perfect example of the speculation/faith I am referring to.

What a new species....? ... and if one showed up would you deny it...? Even if it was called ' a new species'.
oh look a new species

homeslice 1
begoodbees 0

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

The fact that so many people religiously believe the most unlikely and implausible explanation for where the most sophisticated objects in the known universe (living things) originated is the best evidence of this global conspiracy.

The utter obsurdity of this unproven speculation

Science doesn't "believe", and for sure not religiously.

Science is about observation and proposing the most likely, plausible theory.

Science is also not bound to dogmas, it actually welcomes change, revisions, improvement..always looking for answers and then making the most plausible theory from it. Nothing is set in stone.

NOTHING of that is eg what religion does, religion is non-logic, is ONLY assuming, is never ready and willing to change, it's set in stone and based on dogma.

If you call the theory of evolution a speculation, you are entirely right.

But trying to COUNTER this with your silly creation link?

Oh wait! The man with the white beard is MORE logical, it's more plausible, right?

Also..your distaste for the so called "new age religion" is quite funny. Since you link to a creationism site with bible quotes cited you come across like the biggest hypocrite.

Didn't learn anything in...2000 or so years since we have Christianity than "nanananana - my religion is better then yours?" No wonder people running away from churches left and right.

Another funny thing: You creatonism people seem to get a kick out of pointing out inconsistencies in scientific theories. HINT: Scientists are aware of inconsistencies in theories THIS is what's called science, to find out the whys and whats and trying to get out the inconsistencies to make a better theory. No theory or invention is perfect. Unless YOUR theory, of course.

edit on 13-12-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

Thank you for your speculations.

en.wikipedia.org...(dog)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa

Look through my posting history. I have posted numerious examples of evolution happening (into new species) that has been observed by modern man. Some of these examples are even based on threads made on this website.

You either don't want to work with current information, that would question your beliefs, or you can't find the search button/never heard of google.

All circumstantial, I got tired of chasing wild geese a long time ago. If any real proof were found I would not have to dig for it, it would be all over the news just like pig tooth man.

What you have is speculation and circumstantial evidence and nothing more.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Actually, there are many instances of evolution.

wiki.answers.com...

Just take a look

~Tenth

This is a clear example of adaptation/variation not evolution.
edit on 13-12-2012 by begoodbees because:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The fact that so many people religiously believe the most unlikely and implausible explanation for where the most sophisticated objects in the known universe (living things) originated is the best evidence of this global conspiracy.

The utter obsurdity of this unproven speculation that somehow something as complex as even a single cell could manifest on its own in a pool of chemicals is mind boggling. Add to that the complexity of DNA and it becomes not just implausible but impossible.

Why do so many people believe this so easily while scrutinizing everything else so carefully. This seams to be the one area where otherwise scientific minded people choose to believe in magic. This is why I and I believe many others have labeled evolution not an observable or provable science but in fact a religion.

Many people I believe have been bullied into a middle ground stance that life was created to evolve which makes very little sense as well since there are no transitional fossils on record. Every past so called evidence of transitional species has been eventually proven phony such as pig tooth man better known as Nebraska man.

Pig tooth man was portrayed in true propaganda style on the news as the missing link. If the news propaganda machine does this in any other arena critical thinkers and conspiracy theorists would instantly see the seeds of conspiracy, but with evolution we have been programmed/indoctrinated that any explanation other than evolution is just plain ignorance. I wonder how many times I will be bullied and called ignorant for presenting these facts.

In classrooms all over the world and on every nature/science show that I have seen in my lifetime evolution is presented as fact. I never hear them say “Scientists speculate” before mentioning the subject. Why is something with nothing but circumstantial evidence being presented as factual science? I know what the religious fanatics will say, but if it cannot be observed and reproduced than it is not science.

Opposing evolution in the modern day is like opposing any other prevalent religion in the past. Persecution is what follows.

It seems evident to me that species were created to sustain themselves within a given set of parameters, thus variations can and should occur. One species changing to another more complex species defies logic. The line given is usually as follows “slight genetic mutations over time, survival of the fittest and abracadabra humans are born”. The problem I see with this is that there has never been a case of a genetic mutation that was beneficial to an animal or human. What they call genetic mutations the general public calls birth defects and although they might not all be crippling none of them are beneficial or an improvement upon the norm.

Let the name calling begin.

Here is another perhaps more coherent analysis of the subject.

www.icr.org...
edit on 13-12-2012 by begoodbees because: added link

Oh my, such passion

Re "Every past so called evidence of transitional species has been eventually proven phony" Eohippus to equus comes to mind, archaeopteryx (sp) comes to mind
Regarding evolution is a religion. I feel I disagree, scientists are willing to hypothesise and then after much testing, either confirm or change to something more accurate their ideas, a religion however is blind to any data that conflicts with said religion and instead will make excuses as to why the religion is correct and the conflict is wrong.

Heck, I was even watching a show last night with stephen hawking bringing up many points one of which was why is there even a need for a creator. It was very informative and very entertaining. Careful what you reply, I might be setting this up with more to come (or maybe not)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

Perhaps not, but that is exactly what it will devolve into. Which is why there is absolutely no point to this. It happens every single time.

You are probably right. I have made my case and spoken my mind and hopefully provoked thought in at least one or two people and that was really my goal.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka

Perhaps you should reread your own OP.
You are arguing irreducible complexity.

Very much like the argument the character Ruth puts forth to Paul in the movie 'Paul'.
Her argument is of the human eye, which is the same argument you put forth about a single cell.

Evolution happens... Get over it.

And what exactly can you reduce a single cell to?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Evolution is a strong theory. If you limit hypothesis by eliminating all deduction and inferential reasoning, then we are left with a very small picture of what is.

Do you believe in anything that can not be 100% proven? And if you do, why is someone believing in evolution any different?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What?

You are splitting hairs.

Adaptive response and evolution are the same thing. You just choose to believe that evolution does not exist.

If one species goes through a GENETIC change because of it's environment, that's evolution.

~tenth

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Theorem and Theory are words used in science. Good post.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Could you please comment on the struture of the fossil record and the sedmentary layers they are found in...

This is strong evidence for evoultion and is a required knowledge for a degree in biology.

Heres a video, if your as ignorant as you appear to be this might help it even has music so you can pay attention because obviously school didnt work.

Most known fossils are a result of the world wide flood that is documented in many ancient cultures throughout the world. They are from a single mass extinction. Therefore even the fossil record and sediment layers are not what science claims. This is my stance. That is why this is the greatest deception. It is like Christmas, one layer of BS on top of another. I cannot prove this of course but it is what common sense dictates to an open mind.
www.fossils-facts-and-finds.com...

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join