It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grandest Conspiracy Ever Known. The New Age Religion of the Unproven Speculation (theory) of Evo

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

Thank you for your well thought out rebuttal. I am not interested in an insult match either.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by begoodbees
I am not interested in your speculations.
edit on 16-12-2012 by begoodbees because: (no reason given)

Seems like you are not interested in facts. What really interests you besides your deluded interpretations of reality?
edit on 12-16-12 by paradox because: spelling

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox

You have exposed yourself, thank you for your comments and have a good night.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by begoodbees

Why are you avoiding my post stating how the environment is an external influence? No rebuttal? None whatsoever?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Just in case anyone has actually been patient enough to read through this entire thread, (God knows I would not be) I would just like to point out that there has been a lot of religious fanaticism expressed in the comments. What is significant about this is that it has all come from the pro evolution side.

I believe this thread possibly has run its natural course as I really have nothing new to add and have clearly expressed all of my points in great detail. I welcome any new info in relation to this topic and will respond if my interest is peaked but otherwise will refrain from any further commentary.

Thanx to all who have offered up meaningful contributions.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by begoodbees

Evolution has lots of evidence supporting it. It is not a "scientific law" yet, but all logic, evidence, and data points to it being a fact. This means it will likely be a scientific law very soon. So, if you're saying "why do people believe in evolution when it isn't a fact?" the answer is: because all of the evidence says it will one day be a fact, and is the most likely answer for how we came to be.

So, my question stands: if not evolution, then what, and what evidence do you have to support that hypothesis?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Why has this turned into evolution vs creationism? Questioning evolution does not make someone a creationist and why get so upset that the theory is questioned? I don't have to prove creation to question evolution, questioning leads to answers.

What the OP has stated is that there is a lot of evidence to suggest evolution, but that is not concrete proof, so why is it followed and defended so vehemently? It is very akin to a religious movement.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DaesDaemar

Evolution is so "vehemently" followed, because of the massive body of scientific research which support the hypotheses put forth concerning it. It is not religion, which believes on faith. It is science, which hypothesizes based on data and evidence. If you want to question evolution then you really must disprove all of the evidence supporting it first, otherwise you have no solid ground on which to base your inquiry. The fact that we do not know for sure gives us all the more reason to agree with, and support, the only theory which has withstood scrutiny.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Why must one disprove it to merely question it? I never said there wasn't evidence to support the theory, just like the OP, I believe in adaption. We can see it, it's observable. There is evidence that these adaptions in time lead to completely new species, but it is an educated guess, not proof.

I asked earlier in the thread about the mule/hinny. I know it's from cross breeding, but could this not explain all speciation or is this considered evolution?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

the Bible states Humans were created in the image of God not fish fossils...

I think you may be partially right, if you, like me subscribe to the ancient alien theory, but then again they were not god, they were thought of as gods.
The Annunaki.

I don't subscribe to that theory actually because the word "alien" implies a sinister undertone... if you are referring to or trying to compare the fallen angels to aliens? well they are not our creators. In the bible I believe it speaks of the fallen angels as being jealous of mankind? I'm not sure because I am not too read into the bible or there just isn't much of that subject in the KJV.

The word alien implies something foreign to us but if humankind was created in the image of our creator I believe the image of God to be humanoid and not too dissimilar at all, something we would recognize and not fear.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

no confusion here... maybe you are confused SFX?

All the proponents of evolution in this thread are telling me too look at this fossil evidence and that fossil evidence... and I say I don't care about a fish or a bird fossil. I want them to show me the "Human" fossil evidence, you know "the missing link" but it is quite possible you too have not heard of it?

the only effect evolution has on a religious perspective and Christianity in general which so many here in this topic are obsessed with and with proving wrong is if MANKIND was created... Christian already know the fish and birds were, afterall Adam named them

please present evidence of humankind evolving from apes... simple question/request, why can't you do it?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange

Circles are not spheres; get it together.

When you are above the circle of the earth I am sure with nothing in the background except blackness to compare the earth to there is no way to distinguish a sphere.

a circle is a sphere as is a triangle a pyramid...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 17-12-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradox

Originally posted by begoodbees
I am not interested in your speculations.
edit on 16-12-2012 by begoodbees because: (no reason given)

Seems like you are not interested in facts. What really interests you besides your deluded interpretations of reality

do you mean facts based on guessing?

if it disagrees with experiment... it's wrong... that's all there is too it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Explain vestigial organs without evolution.

If we were indeed created by a perfect god and in his image, why do we have flawed bodies?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

no confusion here... maybe you are confused SFX?

All the proponents of evolution in this thread are telling me too look at this fossil evidence and that fossil evidence... and I say I don't care about a fish or a bird fossil. I want them to show me the "Human" fossil evidence, you know "the missing link" but it is quite possible you too have not heard of it?

the only effect evolution has on a religious perspective and Christianity in general which so many here in this topic are obsessed with and with proving wrong is if MANKIND was created... Christian already know the fish and birds were, afterall Adam named them

please present evidence of humankind evolving from apes... simple question/request, why can't you do it?

I didn't say anything about birds and fish
I gave a (very brief) listing of transitional states from monkey to man..these fossils...these bones, are readily available to view and study. that is exactly what your requesting.

As far as evolution disproving christianity...well, frankly, evolution disproves the creation theory from the old testiment, which is more judism than christianity...the new test is christianity, Did Jesus say that the OT is infallable specifically, or did he actually go against the rules (by not stoning say, an adultress as it states clearly to do) because the OT is wrong, incompletel, out of context, or just dumb?

Your choice on if you want to follow what christ dismissed as nonsense..but don't pretend then you follow christ.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

oh the missing link has been unveiled? heck I must have missed it...

it's not another piltdown man is it? please direct me to the link, the suspense is killing me. Something I read on ATS has to be true... it'll help me with my social issues because I have problems with blind faith, unlike evolutionist.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

it'll help me with my social issues because I have problems with blind faith, unlike evolutionist.

Aren't you a Christian? I'm asking so I can understand your point of view better.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonny1993
Explain vestigial organs without evolution.

If we were indeed created by a perfect god and in his image, why do we have flawed bodies?

prove it...

if it disagrees with experiment it isn't true. It doesn't make any difference how beautiful it is, it doesn't make any difference how smart you are or what their name is... if it can't be proved by experiment, it isn't true.

God is the creator of all life, who is to say he didn't create it to evolve?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by SisyphusRide

it'll help me with my social issues because I have problems with blind faith, unlike evolutionist.

Aren't you a Christian? I'm asking so I can understand your point of view better.

I believe in Jesus... I don't know what it entails to be a Christian. I believe that Jesus is God. But I probably wouldn't make your model church goer.

I don't believe you have to be religious to believe in Jesus. Christian means your religious right?

PS; my avatar is making the heavy metal salute, make what you will of it...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The fool says "I know, I know, I know"

The wise man says "I think, I think, I think"

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join