Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Drink Ingredient Gets a Look

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I didn't quite like the title of the article but I thought it was important, in any case.

This little teenage girl did some digging and found an undesirable ingredient in gatorade.

But before she took a sip, Sarah, a dedicated vegetarian, did what she often does and checked the label to make sure no animal products were in the drink. One ingredient, brominated vegetable oil, caught her eye.

“I knew it probably wasn’t from an animal because it had vegetable in the name, but I still wanted to know what it was, so I Googled it,” Ms. Kavanagh said. “A page popped up with a long list of possible side effects, including neurological disorders and altered thyroid hormones. I didn’t expect that.”

And it seems, just like the case of using Fluoride, the US is fully behind using a suspect ingredient in their drinks.

Use of the substance in the United States has been debated for more than three decades, so Ms. Kavanagh’s campaign most likely is quixotic. But the European Union has long banned the substance from foods, requiring use of other ingredients. Japan recently moved to do the same.

Article - Drink ingredient gets a look

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If you look hard enough you can find something wrong with everything we consume and breathe in. Is it really so important to microscopically examine everything we ingest?

Does such careful examination of "toxic" substances significantly extend life span? It has not been proven.

Are we really so desperate for an extra year of life that we will sacrifice quality of life?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I read about brominated vegetable oil a couple of years ago and during my search I found it also has a patent for use as a flame retardent.

Thanks for the great post!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SimKey

"A page popped up with a long list of possible side effects"

Vitamin C, possible side effect? Heart attack.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Everyday....I kid you not. Every day I hear of an ingredient in prepared foods that is banned in the rest of the developed world due to it's toxicity but approved by the FDA for use in the US. I'm telling you, and I said it for years. How can you trust the Food and Drug Administration when it gets it's funding from food and drugs?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenBrain71
I read about brominated vegetable oil a couple of years ago and during my search I found it also has a patent for use as a flame retardent.

Thanks for the great post!

Sweet! You can take a drink and light your mouth on fire without getting burnt?? Someone try it quick......lol

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Man alive........I heard dat, with a capital H.

I can not for the life of me comprehend why these companies add these substances to our food products.

It seems to me, counterproductive , to poison the hand that feeds you

But we all have to remember...that they have to reduce the populace to......oh......about 500 mill.

Sadly.....the sheeple will just keep chuggin' it down. That really sucks, because I love Mountain Dew.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimKey
If you look hard enough you can find something wrong with everything we consume and breathe in. Is it really so important to microscopically examine everything we ingest?

Does such careful examination of "toxic" substances significantly extend life span? It has not been proven.

Are we really so desperate for an extra year of life that we will sacrifice quality of life?

Its not about expanding your life...
Its about the study's that tell us these chemicals are harmful for us. Just because you do not see the side effects does not mean their are no side effects. I can see the side effects every where I go.
Pay attention to how that junk food makes you fell after you eat it, seriously analyze before and after.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-12-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Everyday....I kid you not. Every day I hear of an ingredient in prepared foods that is banned in the rest of the developed world due to it's toxicity but approved by the FDA for use in the US. I'm telling you, and I said it for years. How can you trust the Food and Drug Administration when it gets it's funding from food and drugs?

I think you hit the nail on the head.

This article is not so much about a toxic ingredient in Gatorade but the blatant misuse and irresponsible marketing of toxic chemicals by the FDA while the rest of the world finds ways to eliminate them from folks ingesting them.

It's no wonder we get so sick so often but big pharma and big companies profit at our expense and health.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
what do you expect? rainbow juice and puppy dog tears?

if you buy cheap crap, then you will get cheap crap.
jeez, some people make my blood boil..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Yep. And soon enough it'll be illegal to make gardens as well. In fact it's already started. Agenda 21 is not really country specific. It's a UN action plan to make every country the same. Sounds familiar?
-
Aenda 21 USA
-
Agenda 21 Canada
-
For Canada
BIll C-36 Consumer food protection act and a couple more insidious things.

No more gardens because the food that you grow organically in your back yard is "not good for you" according to people who care so much for our well being. !!Bovine Feces!! Oh! Yeah. this bill also paves the way to warrant-less entry of you premisses.
-
There is the US equivalent. I can't remember what it's called but it's basically the same.
edit on 14-12-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-12-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

top topics

join