It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alexander Litvinenko was triple agent advising MI6

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Alexander Litvinenko was triple agent advising MI6

www.dailymail.co.uk

The British government has evidence that the murder of MI6 agent Alexander Litvinenko was an act of 'state sponsored assassination' by Russia.

The former KGB agent was working for both MI6 and at their behest the Spanish intelligence services at the time of his death, a coroner heard today.

He was also advising on how closely linked the Russian Mafia were to the country's government.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The British authorities knew before hand about the threats to Litvinenko.
The fact they allowed the event to happen reflected badly on the Soviet authorities.
We can only guess what, if any, gains were to be made from antagonizing Russia and straining the relationship.

In light of the fact he was also working for the Spanish - As the Royals say "Never complain, never explain".
They simply wanted him gone.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kentucky
The British authorities knew before hand about the threats to Litvinenko.

Did they? It was reasonable to assume he may have been in some danger, but that goes with the job. The fact is, he met a former colleague of his who was supposed to go with him to Spain to advise them on the Russian Mafia. That former colleague is the one accused of killing him. I doubt there was any reason from either Litvenenko or MI6 to assume he was in any direct danger.

The fact they allowed the event to happen reflected badly on the Soviet authorities.
We can only guess what, if any, gains were to be made from antagonizing Russia and straining the relationship.

Why would they "allow" it? As he was working on investigating the Mafia, chances are that someone high up in the Russian anals of power, with Mafia links, got wind and got rid of him as he posed a threat.

In light of the fact he was also working for the Spanish - As the Royals say "Never complain, never explain".
They simply wanted him gone.

He was working with the Spanish under British direction. He wasn't a "triple" agent and he wasn't working for the Spanish underhandedly. I think you have drawn all the wrong conclusions from the inquest so far.

Also bear in mind you're linking the Daily Mail, well known for reporting what isn't there, not reporting what is and adding a healthy dose of crap into the mix.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
In spite of the Daily Mail tagline this story has merit.

The close ties between the Russian mafia and the Kremlin are well know to the average Russian.

I've been there a few times and had this conversation with my driver a few times. You'd see these insanely expensive cars with flashing blue lights, similar to the magnet lights American unmarked police cars use, weaving in and out of traffic with total indifference to the other cars.

I was told these were Russian mafia vehicles and they were to be yielded to as though they were Police.

The fact that nobody on the world stage has publicly voiced this fact should tell you have scary these people are, nobody is unreachable in their world.

top topics

join