It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 "awakening" is predictable.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The 2012 "Awakening" is predictable!

Wow, what a statement!

Then you turn around and tarnish the greatness that you wrote.

The 2012 Awakening! Maybe that's what is all supposed to be about.

People are bored, and the world is stagnant, and we're listening to leaders that everyone knows is just blowing smoke up everyones Ponderosa because the leaders are without a cause to create fulfillment in the lives of people. The only thing they know is how to pass laws, so that is all they do, is to pass more and more laws, leading to a supression of the people.

Its time for an Enlightenment, an Awakening, an Ascention!

But where? Where is it going to come from?

People everywhere are looking forward for something like this to happen. They are bored with the direction that humanity is heading, they look for new direction, an Awakening!

Its going to happen, it may take off slowly, it will come as a Surprise, but its right around the corner. Most people won't realize it while its starting to take place, but once someone pulls the trigger, its going to be all over the place; nothing will be able to stop it.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
I know about parapsychology.

I'm sorry but I don't think you do.

As Carl Sagan once put it, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof."

What people find to be ordinary and to be extra-ordinary varies...the inner bar is set according to personal beliefs and cultural norms and personal experiences.

And "proof" is an elusive concept. What Sagan actually said was evidence. Science deals in evidence, not proof. There is a lot of evidence for psi, but if the notion of psi flies in the face of a "skeptic" he will set his inner bar very high indeed, while setting the bar lower for other sorts of things that they find agreeable. Double-standards and rhetoric are all skeptics have.

That is something parapsychology just doesn't provide.

Oh yes it does.

Until parapsychology pushes one of their subjects into the limelight and shows that said-subject can do anything parapsychological, I'm going to continue to question that particular branch of pseudoscience. How many psychics have been proven bogus? How many spoon benders have been debunked?

Ah, there's that convenient concept of "proof" again. Its made you very vulnerable to "the trickster"...

The Trickster and the Paranormal

I don't rely on scientists. But one thing I do do? I listen to what they have to say. Because if I had a choice between relying on information given to me by a scientist, and information given to me by a guy that says he can telepathically communicate with reptilians... Well, you can take a wild guess as to who has more validity in my books.

Again you indulge in the lazy intellectual habit of putting your best foot against their worst foot... tsk, tsk.

You won't need any badges to feel "it", whatever you want to call "it". In fact, you won't need any help feeling it. You just feel it, it's there and very real, because you're it.

As someone who has had a unity experience with the Divine (more than one actually) I think you don't know what you are talking about.

edit on 13-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

I do. Does that mean I study the subject? No. But I know enough about it to know that, while an interesting subject, it's been pretty much relocated to trying to find Big Foot or ghost hunting.

And yes, Carl Sagan did say "evidence" and not "proof", that's my bad. Proof is not evidence itself, but a sufficient amount of evidence for something. But even in taking that into consideration, parapsychology has neither.

If it does provide evidence, I would like to see it. If you know something that I don't, feel free to show it to me. I would be more than happy to read into it and make up my mind once and for all.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

How did I tarnish the "greatness" that I wrote?

If there is an awakening, an ascension, whatever it is or whatever name is has, it's not going to come from somewhere out there beyond ourselves and change us in here. To change the world, you must first change yourself. An awakening has to come from within first. I don't look for some external force transmogrifying everything in some spiritual way. That sort of thing is a dead end street that will lead you nowhere.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I do. Does that mean I study the subject? No. But I know enough about it to know that, while an interesting subject, it's been pretty much relocated to trying to find Big Foot or ghost hunting.

Actually, it hasn't been relocated. You have been led to believe that it has. Your one-sided arm-chair skepticism has left you vulnerable.

And yes, Carl Sagan did say "evidence" and not "proof", that's my bad. Proof is not evidence itself, but a sufficient amount of evidence for something. But even in taking that into consideration, parapsychology has neither.

If it does provide evidence, I would like to see it. If you know something that I don't, feel free to show it to me. I would be more than happy to read into it and make up my mind once and for all.

I already gave you some evidence - the trickster book I linked to. I'm afraid there is no way to be a good skeptic without reading big books. Here are a few more.

www.amazon.com...

www.amazon.com...

www.amazon.com...

www.amazon.com...

www.amazon.com...

edit on 13-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

reply to post by RussianScientists

How did I tarnish the "greatness" that I wrote?

If there is an awakening, an ascension, whatever it is or whatever name is has, it's not going to come from somewhere out there beyond ourselves and change us in here. To change the world, you must first change yourself. An awakening has to come from within first. I don't look for some external force transmogrifying everything in some spiritual way. That sort of thing is a dead end street that will lead you nowhere.

"How did I tarnish the "greatness" that I wrote?"

Here are your own words in the first sentence.... "I am not a believer",

edit on 13-12-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists

Its time for an Enlightenment, an Awakening, an Ascention!

But where? Where is it going to come from?

The World Economy Crash, It has to happen before 23rd Dec 2013 when the Fed's 100yr Tenure runs out.

When the Economy crashes and everyone loses those digits from the databases and those plastic cards become worthless we will see a huge paradigm shift as people finally realise money is and always has been an illusion for the attempted enslavement of mankind.
This crash is gonna hurt big time and yes people will die, But Humans can be so utterly mind lowing in their resourcefulness in a crisis, We have just been divided in to factions for too long and forgotten how to truly empathize
Religion, Race, Creed, Sex, Age, Nationality, Sports.

So i say # the NWO and bring on this economic crash, we know it is coming and and they have to instigate it to justify the NWO single government and a single World currency.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ever since I was into conspiracy theories I always believed 2012 will be crucial for something. Either the end of the world, ww3 or awakening. Even though I really knew nothing will happen, still I waited for something. After we enter 2013 I will be relieved and finally able to look at things differently; world won't end, future isn't certain about anything and we have many many years to live our lives as we want. And most importantly, we don't have to wait for something to wake us up, tell us the truth or bind our efforts to some point in future but rather live in the moment and enjoying time we have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join