It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China asks army to be ready for regional war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Indeed the USA has a Defense treaty with Japan the moment China attacks Japan it would instantly be declaring War on the United States by default .

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
Maybe I'm a bit optimistic on this, but I can not see a US-China military conflict in the near future. The implications would just be to...severe.

Especially over such a small territorial dispute. China isn't threatening to take over all of Japan. Unless there were a major escalation, this thing will stay contained.

Wish you were right. The disputed territory is small but it is on the oil field (at least this is what I hear being in China myself).

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmaddness

Well it would seem that China and Japan are now doing some serious cat and mouse games over the disputed islands. Earlier today Japan scrambled 8 F-15 fighter jets to intercept a Chinese Aircraft in the region.

It would seem the Chinese are now preparing for a regional war with Japan.

It would seem the timing is just about right, and that neither side is going to back down in this dispute.

So my questions to you...

With Japan being an ally, does this mean that the US will be dragged into this war as well?

What are your thoughts on the progression here if China or Japan were to make a more "serious" move?

www.hindustantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-12-2012 by xmaddness because: (no reason given)

As far as I'm aware, the US and Japanese have a defence treaty. So, if China declared war upon Japan it would be a declaration of war on USA. Do China want that? No chance, they're economy is booming and they seem to be enjoying having the financial power over countries.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The Philippines are also getting involved by giving Japan some toys to use. Unfortunately PH will be used as a battleground if it escalates high enough and this isn't a war about the islands anymore. The problem is that China has been bullying its neighbors around for a very long time. This is about standing up to a bully, a very big bully that unfortunately has a lot more power than all ASEAN nations put together. I don't know what will happen but I hope, I really hope that I don't become divided by my lover for years until this childish game is resolved.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
An excuse for china to prepare for something, but not for the reason stated. Amassing of troops for something else. This is just a convenient red herring. To tell the world military troop deployment and mobilization of armament, but not for this specific reasom

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lawgiver
An excuse for china to prepare for something, but not for the reason stated. Amassing of troops for something else. This is just a convenient red herring. To tell the world military troop deployment and mobilization of armament, but not for this specific reasom

Is there any response from Russia? After all it would be a normal strategy to increase military readiness (something similar to DEFCON 3) if your immediate neighbor calls in a huge army.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hm! This is actually interesting.
This could all be part of China flexing some massive muscles here.. Seeing as we have heard nothing from Russia and whatnot.

I really cant see China going all-out on any of their stronger neighbors, as that would really, screw up the world as we know it.. i am even having trouble imagining it as is..
edit on 14-12-2012 by LushFlush because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Here is where the next 'big war' will begin. Mark - my - words.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Somebody is about to do some serious damage...

edit on 14-12-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm sorry to burst everyone's bubble BUT ...........

China needs Japan and Japan needs China, you know how much trade and investment these two countries share ?
All the big Japanese car makers, electronics, electrical manufactures all have their operations in China and most of them work on a co-venture with local manufactures (ie Nissan cooperates with Dongfeng to make their cars).

China is a pig when it comes to MONEY, "ME WANT, ME WANT, ME WANT, the government isn't going to risk upsetting this mindset of the people or the people will turn.

Keep'em reaching, keep'em dreaming, keep'em working I think is the motto here.

TO ADD: Think about how many prime ministers Japan has been through and how unhappy the people are government progress, Japan can't afford a war.

edit on 14-12-2012 by crackerjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Somebody is about to do some serious damage...

Welcome to Chinese Propaganda.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
China would be fairly easy to defeat. Their navy is weak, and their Air Force is weak. People also forget about our strategic bombing force that can drop hundreds of pre designated bombs per freight.
edit on 14-12-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
What is sad is; please correct me if I'm wrong.

Japan had this Island first. And China got it after WWII, we gave the island to China.

Now Japan buys it back? And there's an issue?

Nope.

Japan has held the island for quite a long time - long enough that the Allies didn't consider it a product of wartime aggression (and they drew the definition for that back to well before WW1).

In other words, it was never given to China. Control of the island was returned to Japan after the end of the American occupation - but the occupation never saw secession of ownership of occupied land.

Through all of this, the islands had been owned privately by a couple of families. That ownership doesn't make them less Japanese in the same way that you owning the land your house is on makes you an independent state.

The islands came up for sale recently for a number of reasons - not the least of which being that the family was tired of being harassed by Chinese demanding that they sell them the islands. Funny how that never gets mentioned in the foreign press on this. Been all over the Japanese news..

The Japanese government had two choices: Allow the islands to be bought privately - which would have not ended much different than what we have now - or buy them and preserve them from development. That's where we are today.

As far as war breaking out on this one: probably not. China has already lost too much. If they start shooting, it's all over for their economy. As it stands, they're going to be feeling the effect of this one for a long time.

After the recent protests, this has been the last straw for a lot of companies, and they're getting out of China. Watching the state bus in protesters to smash Japanese businesses because of a claim based on tribute paid centuries ago (literally) is just too much. I do a lot of work in logistics, and what I've been seeing and hearing is a LOT of production is gearing up to quietly exit. Not just Japanese companies - it's everyone. Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, and India are the big destinations. Cambodia is rising fast, Laos as well. Plenty of others are taking another look at the USA at this point.

Frankly, it's a shame. i like China quite a bit - but they're not interested in playing with the rest of the world anymore - and no one's interested in having their factory torched over a diplomatic row that could easily be settled at the Hague.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

I posted on another thread about a fellow I met while back who had told me of some things that he ended up being spot on about, he stated that around April 2013 China would attack Japan, then he told me 2 or 3 weeks ago the timeline had changed and they were going to do it by 23 rd. of this month, now I don't know whoit is he knows but it look's like he may have access to somebody who really is in the know.

I hope that ya'll are able to flame me and say "I told you so" as one poster did when I made this statement in that other thread, I really do, but just to add to it, this fellow and this "group" he is in with have all bugged out to a remote property they had been preparing for some year's, this guy had a 20 year career with a company and was very planted in local society.

I am very uneasy and have a feeling on a unexplainable level it's on!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
China must be put in it's place, i'm sick of these bastards.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
China nor Russia mobilizing forces bothers me these days but I sure hope they don't attack Japan.

I hope this is a certain defense gesture for a certain group of people. If it is, this should be like music to the ears.
Not so a war will start.... but so that others will know if they start war, it won't be an easy one... so maybe they need to think twice.

Come on? Attack used to be rich Japan recovering from Tsunami? Over an island? This isn't the first territory dispute. There have been much bigger territory disputes in our generation carried over from 20th century wars. BIG territories.

Please be a cover.

I do not want to see any countries go to war and their service people have to die especially over stupid stuff, especially over other people's stupid stuff but some things need to change.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I could see China just flowing south. They could take Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam with ease, maybe Myanmar. They might stop short of Thailand, because of it's ties with the West. Indonesia would be in their crosshairs eventually. The USA would nuke them if they messed with Australia though.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Sandcastler because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Time to let Japan start seriously arming itself, but in the case of China attacking Japan - yes the States would get involved, hell - you might as well say World War 3 just started.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Did anyone notice that all the stuff happening around the world is just like "children in Kindergarten" - just in a bigger scale.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

They won't fight. China needs an external enemy to keep their people subservient. They're using nationalism to keep their own people suppressed and distracted.

If, however, this does escalate into a war I highly doubt the U.S. will be able to successfully fight China, Iran, Syria and Pakistan (Russia could sit out and become top dog).

If China is attacked, Pakistan will enter the fray and hit U.S. bases in the Mid East.
Syria might take the opportunity to fire their chem. weapons into Israel and Turkey. If they retaliate against Syria then Iran will step in, along with Hamas and Hezbollah. Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States may join in against Iran, but then Egypt might shatter the peace with Israel in a bid to regain lost land.

Meanwhile, in Asia, China could smash Taiwan and other U.S. allies. Japan and Australia could hold their own. N. Korea could invade the South, with Chinese help, or send missiles into Japan to help Chinese forces.

It's highly unlikely war will develop, but if it does it could have drastic consequences.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join