It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being pregnant when your boss is male!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

I would really like to tell you what I think about this reply.
This is the best that I can do under the circumstances

edit on 13-12-2012 by mamabeth because: changed

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
reply to post by Mrgone

You made assumption she is raising child alone ?

We shouldn´t judge anyone by the few lines written here at ATS, cos we don´t really know anything about her or her hubbys or anything what comes to her family and finacial issues.

edit on 13-12-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

and this is why people shouldnt talk on ats or tell more information

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

No, I have never owned nor wanted to own a pair of $500 shoes!

I am now a computer geek - fashion is my LAST priority.

But I still think people are taking things out of context and reading into things. Mblah has been a member for years. Maybe in the past, her priorities were different. She didn't know she was going to become pregnant because she was told she couldn't get pregnant, from her assertions in this thread. Who among us was not somewhat selfish and spoiled and did not want whatever pretty things we were attracted to, when we had that freedom? When you get pregnant you get a whole new perspective on things.

And she didn't say she is fine with flea shampoo, she said she is no longer bathing dogs so it is not an issue:

I no longer bathe so I don't have to worry about any of the shampoos which are all mostly all natural.

I don't think we should be so critical - women get very emotional when we are pregnant. And we also change over time. Please take these things into consideration...

AND... why is everyone giving her a hard time for wanting to take care of her health and her baby's health? For Pete's sake, she is pregnant!!!
edit on 13-12201212-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Then you can't do the work. I'm not trying to be obtuse but you seem to be saying that you want to get paid for work you cannot do.

Please forgive me for disagreeing with the site admin. I believe this is incorrect and that you are misunderstanding the job skills required.

-------------------

The work of being a bather at a dog grooming facility involves necessary skills such as the following partial list:

-Safe nail clipping - documentation of any nail infection or tears/breakdown of paw pads.

-Safe ear cleaning - documenting if any ear infection is apparent.

-Brushing out matted coats - needs to understand how to brush properly without causing injury to a highly matted dog's skin.

-Knowledge of products - what products should be used for dogs with heavy dander, skin allergies, fleas or ticks, etc.

-Eye cleaning, including how to protect dogs with protruding eyes, while cleaning.

-Proper technique for anal gland expression plus correct identification of anal gland impaction.

-Correct techniques for drying and removing undercoat.

-Correct techniques for managing unruly/uncooperative pets.

--------------------

The point I am trying to make is that the job duties Mblah is talking about do NOT inherently require heavy lifting or the willingness to inhale noxious chemicals, any more than a job as, for example, a CNA (Certified Nurse Aide) job does. People would probably be horrified to see a thread on a pregnant Nurse Aide concerned about the very same issues.

Deny ignorance, right?

Ramps and co-worker assistance can be used to safely move dogs into higher work locations such as tubs and grooming tables. Workplace safety rules protect workers against both unsafe lifting and inhaling unsafe chemicals. Mblah isn't even complaining about the shampoos (and she said they aren't using the flea dips, which are REALLY toxic and nasty), she said they are natural, it is the mopping up which is probably using ROCCAL or something similar, and that is not part of a bather's job requirements.

Also it's not like every dog I can't lift just the big ones we get and that isn't often. Most our dogs are small ones.

Yup - that is the norm. Most large dog owners don't take their pets to groomers because they either have the mentality of "a dog is a dog and they aren't people" (so they never come in) or they are SO wrapped up in their dog that it IS their whole life, so the have no need for a grooming service.

Believe it or not, people, you don't actually know all the technicalities unless you work in the business. Jobs in pet grooming are similar to child and elderly care in that it is undervalued and underpaid, and people mis-understand and underestimate the knowlege and skills that are required to do it well. I know, because I have worked in two of the three fields, pet care and elderly care, and I had my own children so I also know a thing or two about child care and working with that industry...
edit on 13-12201212-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Hey nixie,

Thanks for being the female voice pointing out inconsistencies

I think I'm in love. 8)

Cheers

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
OP, the epithets you're hurling in the name of gender discrimination in this thread are both shocking and offensive.

Were a man to insinuate that a woman didn't have the mental faculties to determine the difference between humane and inhumane, he'd be slaughtered.

OP, you have offended every man and every reasonable and logical woman who loves a man. Congratulations. I sincerely hope you enjoy the company of the man you made your baby with.

Your belief system is dispicably disgusting.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I have been holding this in for too long.

I didn't choose to get pregnant.

I was told in 1974 because of injuries which required being medivaced I had to have surgery that could make me sterile. From then to now I have been given over 30 tests & failed all of them with a no count. NHS refused to allow vasectomy said they could not justify the cost. Found a doctor who understood having two girls that a bent one slipped out twice & he gave me a double Windsor vasectomy. My Mom was not impressed with my response about using Birth Control, because I failed a few test & had the Army fix the medical problem but investigated the why to no count could not find why. Mom said "remember accidents causes people..." so I learned the lesson that unprotected sex is YOUR fault! I knew I could sue the US Army but did not as my wife is a breeder (not me) but remembering what Jeanne said I accept that IT WAS MY FAULT! So I don't feel you point is valid.

Actually there are laws against discriminating against pregnant women.

Yes there are but when you cannot do a job you were hired to do and / or depend on someone else to do you lifting so that you can do you job is taking them away from theirs. Now in a Corporate world I have no troubles with this... When you are working for a small business I have problems. I was a small business and paid my employees before me. I could not afford to pay someone not to do the job they were hired to do. The problem for me is that there were no other jobs to do for someone hired that the job they were being paid to do! Especially true in these days of economic woe that we are in. I am glad for you that you claim that you can still do your job albeit you must disturb a fellow worker from their job to help you with yours. But if you can no longer do the job you were hired to do & there are no other jobs that are worth your salary then I don't know what you expect a small business to do. To do less work for same pay is a hand out and is discriminating from the employees that have to work harder to make up the work you are no longer doing because if you are not doing that job & the small business man cannot afford to hire a replacement now means the SAME WORK MUST BE DONE WITH 1 LESS WORKER! That is simple fact! I did not like the work my wife was doing when she was in your position. I ASKED her to quit she was happy to so we lived on less & I had to find the money for children stuff that was not in the budget because I was not suppose to have children & banked on it. We lived in Marin Ca which came up with the anagram of Dinkies Dual Income No Kiddies. It was tough but we did it without hand outs. I was now blacked mailed into my job. Jennifer because of complications cost $28,500 when birthing cost on average in Marin $10,000!

I was proud of you even though you insulted all men with your next statement below.

Again where did I ask anyone to take care of me? I'm actually a very independent person and not having my full energy right now is very bothersome .............. Again WHERE did I ask for handouts!!!

I then tripped over a thread..... and saw you again!

Went to Social Security office in Texas and didn't hear English spoken for 30 mins where you said

Well I have had to deal with calling various govt agencies lately for medicaid for my pregnancy and all the people I speak to barely speak English.

Now as I understand it as I have been out of the US for 29 years as I could not take Californian attitude to the Viet Nam Vets, that medicaid, is a welfare payment which is monies from Tax Payers!

"Medicaid is the United States health program for certain people and families with low incomes and resources. It is a means-tested program that is jointly funded by the state and federal governments, and is managed by the states" States receive monies from taxpayers!

Sounds like a handout to me!

To explain this a little further I took a years worth of Economics in College after my 6 years service to my country (1970 - 1976). In the third week we covered "Transfer Payments" Quoting from my minds eye (painfully stuck there as I was tossed out of the class room for my arguments) Transfer Payment = Payments rendered for which no goods or services are provided for, examples of Transfer Payments are Welfare & Veterans Payments. My Prof tossed me out cause I argued over that comparing surviving firefights to welfare payments did not settle with me. I visited my Prof after hours with my Medals books (award 1 side statement of achievement on the other) n 2 Honourable Discharges. He said welcome to the real world! Please come back to class. I did & still hurt by comparison!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I have cancer. I get very hormonal because my body is changing. Everybody treat me special.

Have you no shame?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

I have cancer. I get very hormonal because my body is changing. Everybody treat me special.

Have you no shame?

What? This doesn't make any sense at all. If you have cancer, I am sorry and I hope you are able to get good treatment and beat it! What do I have to be ashamed of?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join