It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Souls 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Dark Souls 2....

I have a love hate relationship with Dark Souls. I love the game, I hate how it can infuriate.

Now this will make the third "Souls" entry. Will they destroy the heart of what makes this game great to appease the mindless thralls who feel this game is "too hard"?

I hope that they make Dark Souls 2 harder than ever.

If they could open the world up a little more and not make it as linear, and actually add a bit of story to it that made some semblance sense. I look forward to the multitude of deaths this game will surely grant me.

What are your thoughts?
edit on 13-12-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Bring it on

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
dark soul was a classic. even though it had me pulling out my hair, screaming at the TV yelling this is not fair. but when i finally beat the game i felt accomplished, the feeling i got was that only a few might have achieved what i just did.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ShaeTheShaman

My brother, who is half my age, still has not beaten Dark Souls. Just goes to show you that us older gamers have perseverance over fast twitch reflexes in the old thumbs (console gamer).

I have beaten the game game and about 1/4 of the way through new game plus. I had to stop playing because the ghosts in New Londo ruins are cheating asses.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
reply to post by ShaeTheShaman

I had to stop playing because the ghosts in New Londo ruins are cheating asses.

Haha that's exactly where I'm at... then you die, and have to get enough souls earned to buy the dang thing that allows you to fight them in the first place!

I love this game though, and it's predecessor... glad to know they're coming out with a DS2! For me, challenging games are the only way to go, the sense of accomplishment after achieving a previously impossible goal is just great...

I was seriously ready to throw the controller after getting defeated by the Capra Demon for the 24th time, then I thought about strategy for a long time, and discovered a trick with a shield that made it almost easy... that was an awesome feeling.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I loved dark souls but WHY did they have to make it look like skyrim?!?!?! If this sequel proves to be as good as the first this is a no brainer purchase...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Trailers from I have seen do not mesh up with actual game play. I too hope they don't jump onto the Elder Scrolls bandwagon. Keep doing what makes the game great, just improve upon it.

If they add the ability to pause the game in mid fight and drink a ton of potions to keep yourself from getting killed, that will ruin the game.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Stoked for this game, they could do so much more with it and add many more things. I personally hope they streemline the co'op and make it more user friendly, that is they need to implement some way to find your friends online to play with. The random people you summon sometimes kills me, no literally I got killed more then a few time because of some dude I summoned who was just either running around like a chicken with his head cut off, or they were just goofing around. They need to somehow make the combat more interactive, mainly for the pvp aspect of it. I still play the game for the pvp sometimes and if they added a bunch of little things the pvp and even the main game could be that much more technical and fun, but would also make it more harder because you would really need to know your charter and your build and all the different attacks and timing your weapons and character can do. I have not thought about it that much but there are a bunch of little things they can do which could make this game really much much better then both of its predecessors.

On the hardness aspect they made dark souls way to easy, even demon souls was harder if not by much. Or maybe it just was that by the time dark souls came out I was pretty much familiar with its gameplay and mechanics because I played demon souls to death. So ya I was expecting something to jump out at me or some trap at every dam corner, in fact i was kind of disappointed when it did not happen. But really I did not have a hard time in completing the game only a few areas and bosses gave me some problems the last boss Gwin the lord of cinders was way to easy, in fact I had less problems beating him then beating the earlier bosses. The whole atmosphere of the game is what sets it off though and the story line even though some say it does not have a story line, I would say the whole way it goes about it in implementing the atmosphere with the story line in bits and pieces is second to none. I really am looking forward to see what Dark Souls 2 is going to be like, there really is so much they can do and add to it, but if they change things around to much then it would ruin the whole premise of the game. So we shall see.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I love Dark Souls. I bought the game day 1 and just beat it a few weeks ago. I put 160 hours into my first play through. I still haven't played much PVP though. I'm gonna take a extended break before I go NG+.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I am afraid that with the larger dev team, that the game will be too different and try too hard to appeal to the more casual gamer.

We all loved the game due to the ambiguity and the difficulty. Both the Souls games were very immersive and rewarding. If it becomes too commercialized, it will take on a generic aspect that none of us want.

I still have hope of course, but I'm scared. We have all seen many a series destroyed before.
edit on 20-12-2012 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

top topics

join