It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can debunk "Infinity" in less than 8 minutes

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

'I can debunk "Infinity" in less than 8 minutes'

The video you posted is 14 minutes long......

I'm wondering how old you are, I think either sub 8 or over 90?

Korg.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Forgive me if I simply take your "humble" opinion in stride and neglect to alter my view as a result.

Of course. That's well within your right, and I do forgive you. Though you did ask for opinions.

If you like it, then pass it on. If you think I didn't accomplish the debunking effort, then let me know where I blew it.

1- I never said my opinion was "humble," though I think I know where you derived that mistake from

IMHO = "In My Honest Opinion."

Not humble. Just my honest opinion as someone who has enjoyed listening to, and making music.

2- If I had actually listened to the lyrics?

Not only was that 14-or-so minutes of very rambling lyrics that seemed poorly directed and executed, but it rivals "The Average Homeboy" for ease and enjoyment of listening. Next time perhaps try writing your ideas out and they might be easier for people to follow. I do applaud your attempt at doing something a little more creative than just your average debunking video, but lyrically it's pretty bad, and distracts from the overall message.

3- 14:37 = "Less than 8 minutes" ???
edit on 15-12-2012 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Forgive me if I simply take your "humble" opinion in stride and neglect to alter my view as a result.

Of course. That's well within your right, and I do forgive you. Though you did ask for opinions.

He asked for them... he just doesn't want to hear negative ones.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

OK, first, the video is 14:37, not 8 minutes.
Second, it did nothing t debunk infinity in any way, shape or form.
Third, the music/song wasn't very good either.

You offered no counterexample to discredit infinity at all. You only presented your own philosophical ideas with no support other than what you want to believe. You didn't deny ignorance, you embraced it.

Quantum Physics doesn't disprove the infinite, it supports it. Life isn't digital, it's analog. You owe me 14 minutes and the infinite divisions within it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Infinity exists and we can see it happening.
Based on our current observations and physics the universe will keep expanding and aging forever. Infinitely.
Very simple. Only theories can attempt to address the ultimate future of the universe. So there is your infinity staring you in the face.

If you have evidence or a theory that this is not the case and time and the universe will suddenly cease to exist at some point please let us know.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock
Infinity exists and we can see it happening.
Based on our current observations and physics the universe will keep expanding and aging forever. Infinitely.
Very simple. Only theories can attempt to address the ultimate future of the universe. So there is your infinity staring you in the face.

If you have evidence or a theory that this is not the case and time and the universe will suddenly cease to exist at some point please let us know.

Just curious, but where do you see infinity happening? I'd like to check it out.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

Universe expanding at an increasing rate and aging with no end to this process that we can observe or predict with any certainty maybe? Does it not appear to be an infinite process taking place? I think it does.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Hove big is our existence?

Since the infinite does not exist, you must have a measurement/scale of hove big/large our existence is.

So hove large is finite existence?

Here....read this first. Then get back to me.

I have read your link. I have not broken any rules or been dishonest. I have keep my arguments on topic and i have not called you any bad names.

All i have been doing is challenging your claim. The thing is: i have been studying this topic for a very long time. And i have debating this subject a lot on ATS. You can look that up.

It fascinates me how little people know about this subject. You don't really have to Google this subject to actually learn about it. No wonder people keep on making the claim that the Infinite is to much for us to get our head around. But the fact is nobody is trying wrap their head around it. They just keep on posting links siting someone else's thoughts. Never their own.

I have a personal view on hove i view the Infinite. I can only argue that it exists in theory. I can not prove it because of our location in finite space.

You can not prove that it doesn't exist except in theory. Your claim is not any more correct than my claim.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Ironically, This thread is in fact proof of the infinite
Maybe next time you should try to debunk infinity, in under 5 minutes
edit on 16-12-2012 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Through conservation, aren't holons able to become infinitely (endlessly) complex?
If not, what would be the barriers?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There is a concept that asks an eternal question, without an answer there is an infinite potential response - it follows from the present to the future, to regress the past will equate to certainty and thus confusion.
edit on 16-12-2012 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

Universe expanding at an increasing rate and aging with no end to this process that we can observe or predict with any certainty maybe? Does it not appear to be an infinite process taking place? I think it does.

To something so tiny as us it would. It would also appear that way to a plankton in the ocean. It doesn't mean the ocean is infinite.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Are you serious. LOL. Not impressed with the universe expanding forever and have resorted to plankton for support?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Please kill this thread now! I have to stop.
edit on 16-12-2012 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Please don't. The sharp intellect of Vulcans is needed

edit on 16-12-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

LOL. This vulcan is a blunt instrument. The real Mr Spock would kick my a*s.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I thought it was awesome, I liked it as a music .

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Are you serious. LOL. Not impressed with the universe expanding forever and have resorted to plankton for support?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 16-12-2012 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

The universe won't expand for ever. What ever gave you that idea?

Energy in the state that we know it as today have been formed. It hasn't always existed. Big Bang theory should ring a bell. When we think about these things.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Would have been an astounding feat if you could Debunk debunking...

That is exactly what i did. I debunked his debunking. An infinite can be infinite without being "absolute". Take the infinite Fibonacci word: it can be transposed into the real world just by writing it on papers. Now take two different segments, infinitely, and make new words, infinitely. Do the same process by converting the segments into forms. You end up with an infinite amount of infinites within an ever growing infinite.

edit on 16-12-2012 by D1ss1dent because: typo

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
The universe won't expand for ever. What ever gave you that idea?

I don't know what gave him that idea, but that's what current cosmological observations show -- the universe is expanding, and that expansion is accelerating. For it to NOT expand forever it would either have to be contracting, or for the expansion to be decelerating, because the means by which either of those can happen is through the universe itself (gravitational attraction) so we know that it won't happen, and the universe will expand forever.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Planck's constant is essentially the basic unit of energy, in quantum mechanics. In essence it states that the change in orbital energy of an electron (smallest unit of matter), changes in increments of the Planck's constant. This arises from the fact that electrons exchange energy in the form of light, and the basic unit of light is a photon, which has a specific amount of energy.

however, many theoretical physicists theorize even smaller divisions of energy and mass, then quarks, such as leptons. These particles would exchange energy at levels below Planck's constant, showing that the universe is even further divisible.

Even if Planck's constant does impose a finite building block on the universe, this doesn't disprove infinity. Something can be infinite, even if it isn't infinitely divisible. An unlimited amount of a finite thing, is still an unlimited amount. It's amount is unlimited therefore it has an infinite quantity. the sum from n=0 to infinity of n is still infinite, even if n has to be discrete values, and not on a continuum.

The quantity is without limit, there the quantity is infinite. Even if the thing we have an infinite amount of is finite, the existence of it's infinite quantity still insists the existence of infinity.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join