It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aetna CEO Sees Obama Health Law Doubling Some Premiums

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1972
We are all in this together whether you like it or not. I need you and you need me. Period.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Hawkmoon1972 because: (no reason given)

I hate to break it to you, but I am 100% self-sufficient. If all of the people vanished from the planet at once, I'd be just fine and continue on. You, on the other hand, are obviously in need of other people. I get that - some people just are. That is one difference between the left and the right. People on the right aren't afraid to take care of themselves - even prefer to. Whereas people on the left need to be looked after by others - mostly government - and demand that others be looked after as well - even when they don't want or need it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawkmoon1972

You are welcome to pay as much in taxes as you'd like. The IRS offers many different ways to contribute beyond what is required. You are NOT, however, welcome to tell me that I have to pay more than the close to 45% I already pay!

So, how much was your last donation to the IRS? You sound like a very giving person...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

reply to post by DarthMuerte

We need each other because that is what makes a society. You can talk tough and try to act like you are some kind of bada*s but in the end you wouldn't survive long without society. The number of people who can successfully completely on their own is vanishingly small. And, in all probability you aren't in that group.
I need the rest of my society to assist in my survival just as much as you do. So take some responsibility for its health. You benefit from it your should contribute. If that means higher taxes so be it.

Yeah, because YOU helped me study all those long nights, YOU worked 2 jobs while I did that, You watch my kids while I go to work, YOU put food on MY table, YOU earn my income, YOU purchased my house....

You are one of those "Collective" people.
That is nice and quaint, but not what society means.

You have also confused NEED with want.
I don't need people like you.
YOU want people like me to continue to fund your BS.

I can grow my own crops, fix my own vehicle, provide for my family, hunt, fish and function without YOU.

You have also confused this idea of need with people working a job, someone purchasing the product or service and being paid money to do so.
That is not NEED. That is called free market enterprise.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

We need each other because that is what makes a society. You can talk tough and try to act like you are some kind of bada*s but in the end you wouldn't survive long without society. The number of people who can successfully completely on their own is vanishingly small. And, in all probability you aren't in that group.
I need the rest of my society to assist in my survival just as much as you do. So take some responsibility for its health. You benefit from it your should contribute. If that means higher taxes so be it.
Trust me. You need me a lot more than I need you. I could build my own house, a one story anyway, fix my car, design my own electrical generating system and build it from spare parts out of a junkyard, grow my own food or hunt/trap it, I can install/repair HVAC electrical plumbing and more. While I am not 100% self sufficient, I could live and prosper without people like you. Liberals could not survive without people like me.
edit on 14-12-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure what people are talking about fear mongering. My families insurance is set to almost double next year and I work for SMB. My parents own their own small business and they will be paying through the roof.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Fear mongering by insurance companies has turned to reality for me. Insurance deductible went from 750/invidual to 3000/individual for the same plan as last year.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
We need a public option,not Obamacare.

I could careless what some CEO has to say, Obamacare benefits them.
edit on 14-12-2012 by ShotGunRum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Fear mongering by insurance companies has turned to reality for me. Insurance deductible went from 750/invidual to 3000/individual for the same plan as last year.

That's pre-Obamacare

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

That's pre-Obamacare
It was almost certainly done in anticipation of obamacare.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

I received some news to say that it seems my company will actually save some money with this move. Except they are still trying to make us pay into our insurance despite the savings. If they get us to pay into insurance they will save even more money

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKillah

Are we talking about the same thing? Who told you that retirees do not pay copays, medications and fees? beside premiums,

Tricare humana for retirees is not free, we pay just like you pay any other insurance.

edit on 14-12-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The description of the HealthCare law like everything else in Washington has been politicized. The real purpose is to establish another too big to fail monopoly or should I say oligopoly, that will lead to direct government subsides. Nomi Prins has an article listed here. www.nomiprins.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by longlostbrother

That's pre-Obamacare
It was almost certainly done in anticipation of obamacare.

Ah so you don't know?

So this is just more BS then?

Sorry: So this is almost certainly more BS then?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
reply to post by Hawkmoon1972

You are welcome to pay as much in taxes as you'd like. The IRS offers many different ways to contribute beyond what is required. You are NOT, however, welcome to tell me that I have to pay more than the close to 45% I already pay!

So, how much was your last donation to the IRS? You sound like a very giving person...

You're free to move somewhere else if taxes go up beyond what you're willing to pay.

Taxes aren't a "personal choice" - you must know this.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join