Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Aetna CEO Sees Obama Health Law Doubling Some Premiums

page: 2
12
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247
 


That is why people were so confuse about Obama and Obamacare, while the media propaganda were claiming him to be a "socialist" I keep telling that he was a big corporatist.

Now after the damage is done people are starting to wake up to the ugly reality of how they were scammed by propaganda.

But is also something to take into consideration, if Obamacare fail, he still can come back and push for one pay system and many that have been following the development of obamacare are behind this theory




posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247
 



This seems to me like premature justification for the insurance companies to jack-up rates...no matter what the effects of Obamacare are.

Obamacare is one big giveaway to the corporate insurance companies. By the time this completely takes effect, people will be wishing Obama was a socialist, instead of the fascist he is turning our to be!


Your absolutely right! I do recall that Obama stood on his pulpit and preached to the choir about how the insurance companies needed to be reigned in and make things affordable....Really, didn't they write the majority of the bill? Seems to me that after all of the preaching that "the insurance companies are the bad guys", it seems like they and the government are going to be the ones raking in the bucks! Am I blind, because I just do not see any way possible that any of this is going to help us to receive better healthcare.......



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043
 


A single-payer system or a Public Option was a popular idea with Americans and it will eventually be the way we go if we could ever get our heads out of our asses.

reply to post by seeker1963
 




Am I blind, because I just do not see any way possible that any of this is going to help us to receive better healthcare.......


It's not going to help. Obamacare looks good on the surface, but it doesn't help people get care.

I'm going to say something socialist, so brace yourselves!

We will never have a proper healthcare system until we learn medical care for profit is immoral and expensive. Free healthcare is the way to go!



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Is one big problems the health care law, or obamacare failed to provide for the specific provisions to regulate insurance companies, all it did was to provide that insurance will not deny insurance base on pre existing conditions but it says nothing about extra fees for those pre existing conditions or new taxes for anything else and that is where the loopholes comes from.

But then again what can you expect from the people that pay the lobbyist to draft the Obamacare



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247
 


Because I followed the Obamacare from the beginning we all know that the first choice was the one payer system that was Obama choice modeled from back when Hilary was trying to get the healthcare reform during Clinton I was all for that.

But then Republicans came out with their own version and so the Democrats to compete with Obama, so I believe if my memory is not wrong that it was actually 3 bills all together, when the propaganda of Obama been a Socialist started with the Tea parties.

But that was not so, many that have been following the Obamacare believe that he is just going to let the Obamacare fail before pushing for what he wanted all along.

After all he is not for re-election, remember?



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043
 


Yup, just another corporate hand out from the party of the ' middle class '


I wonder if anybody is going to ever be able to tell me the difference between republican and democrat policy, cause I fail to really see one at this point.

~Tenth



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by marg6043
 


A single-payer system or a Public Option was a popular idea with Americans and it will eventually be the way we go if we could ever get our heads out of our asses.

reply to post by seeker1963
 




Am I blind, because I just do not see any way possible that any of this is going to help us to receive better healthcare.......


It's not going to help. Obamacare looks good on the surface, but it doesn't help people get care.

I'm going to say something socialist, so brace yourselves!

We will never have a proper healthcare system until we learn medical care for profit is immoral and expensive. Free healthcare is the way to go!


So moving healthcare from several big bureaucracies to the biggest bureaucracy in the world is an improvemetn how?

Medical care for profit is not immoral. No pay for service is immoral. Want nurses to work for free? Who will make drugs, bandages, syringes, IV bags, sutures, etc, if they are forced to do so at a loss?

There is no such thing as free healthcare. The cost for healthcare, as with any other "free" entitlement, is borne by somebody.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


I learn a long time ago, (I been a voter since 78) that is not such thing as division of parties when it comes to politicians on pay roll from private interest.

I think that people got it wrong, when political parties fight each other is not for the benefit of the people but for the benefit of getting the highest bid from their benefactors, the private interest.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc
 


I believe that health care should be free, even if that means getting rid of the Medicare and Medicaid to pay for one entitlement that will cover the cost of health care for all.

Right now the crocks that drafted the healthcare wanted another entitlement on top of the three we have to gouge more the tax payers for the benefits of private interest.

Thankfully was put on hold for now, that doesn't mean that the crocks still can get away from forcing Americans into buying insurance at any cost and also gouge them with an extra pay roll tax.

Now that is immoral.

edit on 13-12-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by NavyDoc
 


I believe that health care should be free, even if that means getting rid of the Medicare and Medicaid to pay for one entitlement that will cover the cost of health care for all.

Right now the crocks that drafted the healthcare wanted another entitlement on top of the three we have to gouge more the tax payers for the benefits of private interest.

Thankfully was put on hold for now, that doesn't mean that the crocks still can get away from forcing Americans into buying insurance at any cost and also gouge them with an extra pay roll tax.

Now that is immoral.

edit on 13-12-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)


There's that word again. Nothing is free. There never will be free healthcare or free anything for that matter. If by "free" you mean taxpayer funded, then that is one discussion. I'll disagree with you about it, of course, but that is not my intent of this comment. Just to dispel the notion of "free." People need to get that out of their mind because otherwise they make decisions based on a false premise. Nothing is free, it costs someone, somewhere and nothing is devoid of consequences--something that so many seem to assume when they throw about this word, "free." (Not you, you haev always been very thoughtful--I'm talking in general concepts.)
edit on 13-12-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc
 


You quote my whole post but I don't think you read it, I say getting rid of Medicare and Medicaid (they are tax funded after all) and making one entitlement program for health care for all.

And not, nothing is free, but why are we still paying for Medicare and Medicaid when we are now to be forced into buying insurance? well I guess I forgot, because we still funding with our tax dollars those that can not help themselves, right?

So hey I rather pay taxes into an entitlement for health care for all, what you think, and eliminate the waste and abuse of what we have now.




posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc
 




So moving healthcare from several big bureaucracies to the biggest bureaucracy in the world is an improvemetn how?


The government bureaucracy is already knee-deep in our healthcare. If we cut out the corporate angle, we could have less bureaucracy in my opinion.



Medical care for profit is not immoral. No pay for service is immoral. Want nurses to work for free? Who will make drugs, bandages, syringes, IV bags, sutures, etc, if they are forced to do so at a loss?


Of course people would be paid, that's not the issue. The issue is that you aren't only paying the nurse, the doctor and the supplies needed to serve your medical needs. You are also paying a board of directors and such. That is where most of the money is going....not to the people working in the hospital.

This may sound bad, but the government (properly ran) could produce the items you listed and provide healthcare with no profit motive. That would not only lower costs, but control them.

Sure, the government may not be the best institution to run a healthcare system, but it's better than what we have now.....Government and corporations working together to screw us all.



There is no such thing as free healthcare. The cost for healthcare, as with any other "free" entitlement, is borne by somebody.


If we all share the burden, we can share in the fruits. It sounds odd, but we could do it and that is where we will eventually end up...when we grow up.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043
 


I am not quite getting how Medicare is considered free!!! I have parents in their late seventies who pay into Medicare, PLUS they pay $400 dollars a month for a supplemental program!

I can see how Medicaid is a freebie, but for those of you who keep referring to Medicare as a freebie "entitlement" program, I would really like to know what I am missing!

People PAY for Medicare, they don't pay for Medicaid......



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by NavyDoc
 


You quote my whole post but I don't think you read it, I say getting rid of Medicare and Medicaid (they are tax funded after all) and making one entitlement program for health care for all.

And not, nothing is free, but why are we still paying for Medicare and Medicaid when we are now to be forced into buying insurance? well I guess I forgot, because we still funding with our tax dollars those that can not help themselves, right?

So hey I rather pay taxes into an entitlement for health care for all, what you think, and eliminate the waste and abuse of what we have now.



I read your post and it's a valid point. Let's say that we value healthcare more than foodstamps and make healthcare free, but pay for it by eliminating foodstamps. It is not free--something had to give--but at least it was a matter of priorities.

I think that some people, presetn company excluded, hear "free" and think that there is no consequences or choices or cost associated with "free."



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by NavyDoc
 




So moving healthcare from several big bureaucracies to the biggest bureaucracy in the world is an improvemetn how?


The government bureaucracy is already knee-deep in our healthcare. If we cut out the corporate angle, we could have less bureaucracy in my opinion.



Medical care for profit is not immoral. No pay for service is immoral. Want nurses to work for free? Who will make drugs, bandages, syringes, IV bags, sutures, etc, if they are forced to do so at a loss?


Of course people would be paid, that's not the issue. The issue is that you aren't only paying the nurse, the doctor and the supplies needed to serve your medical needs. You are also paying a board of directors and such. That is where most of the money is going....not to the people working in the hospital.

This may sound bad, but the government (properly ran) could produce the items you listed and provide healthcare with no profit motive. That would not only lower costs, but control them.

Sure, the government may not be the best institution to run a healthcare system, but it's better than what we have now.....Government and corporations working together to screw us all.



There is no such thing as free healthcare. The cost for healthcare, as with any other "free" entitlement, is borne by somebody.


If we all share the burden, we can share in the fruits. It sounds odd, but we could do it and that is where we will eventually end up...when we grow up.


The government has never done anything very efficiently, so why do you think that it would suddenly become a model of efficiency now? Yes, you would lose the cost of a corporation baord of directors, but you GAIN a huge bloated bureaucracy and politicians and politican's cronies with much less accountability than the private sector You can still sue a company--not so much the government. Without incentive to research and invent, you stifle innovation. You make medicine being jsut another public employee and your best and brightest will go elseware. See the Soviet Union and the sate of medicine there.

"If we all share the burdon." That is where we fail because there are so many people who do not want to share the burdoon or take responsability. They just want it "free."
edit on 13-12-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc
 


You are not alone in the criticism of how the government conducts itself. I'm right there with you. My theory would only work if things changed in America to the point that government was on a very tight leash.

But I think you can agree that our current system is completely corrupt and capitalistic healthcare is a failure as well.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
When I heard that the Supreme Court upheld Obamacare, I was floored. That was the final straw that broke my camel's back of belief in our judicial system. How can we be forced to buy a product from a private corporation, just for being alive and earning a living?

I knew that it was written by health care lobbyists, and I knew that, nowhere in the bill, did it say that the premiums had to be affordable in the truest sense of the word. Of course the insurance premiums are going to go up.

I think many Americans are in La-La Land about Obamacare. They're going to be crying in their cheap beer when they realize that all they're getting is forced purchase of an item which is skyrocketing in price, and the care will either be the same, or worse.

As for us, we have no insurance, and we don't plan on buying any. The price for insuring my husband and myself, because we are retired but not old enough for Medicare, ran around $1500 per month for both of us last time we checked. Nowhere do I see where Obamacare will be an improvement.

It seems cheaper to just pay the extra tax....which begs the question, perhaps this was a hidden tax increase?

Another Trojan Horse has been let in and hailed as a gift, when it's really a financial WMD for many of us.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963
 


No Medicare is not free I never said it was, my parents are also deducted the fees from their SS every month, two hundred dollars each, then why we can not have just one entitlement program to paid for health care for all.

You know why? because is not profitable for the insurance business, Medicare and Medicaid is not run by the government the insurance companies are subsided by the government, see all the middle men in there profiting from it still.

What we got in America is a group of greedy politicians, private interest mobsters that wants a cut of every single penny you make.

Even in your old age.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus
 


Actually what the Supreme court did was to give free reign to obama to tax every single American with Obamacare, and the taxes are piling as we speak, all the fees new increases and taxes are coming and they are going to hit us like a run away train.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus
 


The Supreme court ruling on Obamacare stated that it was only Constitutional as a tax. It is the largest tax increase in American history.






top topics



 
12
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join