It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want to See One...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
...but the damn things won't cooperate!

I've been fascinated by UFOs and outer space ever since I was a kid, and I've always wished I could see a real live UFO, but unfortunately they won't cooperate.

There was one time though where I was SURE I was about to have an encounter with a UFO.

I used to work at a radio station in Alexandria, Minnesota. I did the night shift and got off every night at midnight. For anybody who's ever lived in the upper midwest, you know how dark it is after midnight (the sun goes down at 4:30pm in the depths of winter).

So it's like January or February, and I'm driving home one night. It was a very overcast sky, with a kind of thick mist in the air. I lived on the outskirts of town, and as I'm heading down this lonely highway, I come around a bend and I see two bright beams of light sweeping back and forth across the sky in a crisscross pattern (picture the searchlights in the 20th Century Fox graphic that you see before a movie).

Anyway, the source of the lights is hidden beyond the hill which I'm going to crest in about a quarter of a mile. My mind began racing as I neared the crest of the hill, and I was actually talking to myself out loud in the car. "What the hell is that?" Meanwhile, the lights are getting brighter and continuing to sweep back and forth across the overcast sky.

I remember thinking "What am I going to see when I cross the crest of that hill???"

Just as I crested the hill, two snowmobiles appeared in the ditch. They were zooming along in the ditch, crossing back and forth, going part way up the embankment on each side as they rode, throwing a big bright headlight beam into the sky with each crossing.

I laughed out loud in the car and went home and told my wife. Boy did I think I was gonna see something that night.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
after my experiences... u dont wanna be in contact with them.
if you see them, just try to run away, or go and find some company..
if you really wanna see them.. go outside for a walk 6pm ~ 10 pm .. i saw them a few times at diff areas... nothing special just stupid lights that freak you out

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i know, i have wanted to see one for the longest time now. with no luck. i think if i actually see one for myself i can have a reason to believe in all this.

[edit on 24-10-2004 by Spew]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I know, I really want to see a UFO, it would be amazing. But you can always mistake them as something else, just like you did.

new topics

top topics

join