It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge to the Mason's capacity for Love

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Yes, and they are all dead now. I have a feeling their clout is minimal at best.
We are not the rich ones, that's the rotary. They hold the power.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Masons are charitable people but in reality everyone should be

I have no actual money or laptop to donate, but I feel more should be done for those in need.
I have seen first hand kids being fed through tubes and not orally, it is truely horrifying and tear jerking... Id wish it not even on my worst enemy

I do however have a broken laptop that would take maybe £50 to fix ($100ish) that I could send an old netbook with no screen, I would also donate £25 to the repairs of said laptop. I know it would not be much but it's the most I could do. Even if the computer is not repairable it's got scrap value. P2P me and I will do what I can

Your story touched me. Those who suffer the most get the least cover from the storms, the least I can do is offer an umbrella

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

You have already helped!!!

I completely forgot that I can most likely get a broken laptop for free that will not require an external keyboard.

The screen is broken.... I wonder how much that would cost to fix.

But, it looks like I might have the laptop problem solved.... let's hope the cost of replacing the screen is cheaper than buying a whole new one. That is such a coincidence it almost seems meant to be. You offering a laptop from another country that is broken to remind me I can (almost certainly) already get one! To quote Albert Einstein "Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."

I am still going to contact as many organizations that seem like they could help as I can.
Even with the laptop problem solved, I would think someone would help with the entire situation.

Thank you, your goodwill alone has probably solved one of the problems. IDK how I forgot about that broken laptop...

It is amazing to see how people without money are so much quicker to help. I am thankful to see love in a human regardless.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
reply to post by RAY1990

You have already helped!!!

I completely forgot that I can most likely get a broken laptop for free that will not require an external keyboard.

The screen is broken.... I wonder how much that would cost to fix.

But, it looks like I might have the laptop problem solved.... let's hope the cost of replacing the screen is cheaper than buying a whole new one. That is such a coincidence it almost seems meant to be. You offering a laptop from another country that is broken to remind me I can (almost certainly) already get one! To quote Albert Einstein "Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."

I am still going to contact as many organizations that seem like they could help as I can.
Even with the laptop problem solved, I would think someone would help with the entire situation.

Thank you, your goodwill alone has probably solved one of the problems. IDK how I forgot about that broken laptop...

It is amazing to see how people without money are so much quicker to help. I am thankful to see love in a human regardless.

Everything should work but the screen, I looked it up before as I was going to get it repaired. £30-60 to fix. It's in parts but should be fixable to the right people.

Most of the spares and repairs sales were coming from USA too so you can get them easily

God will forever be anonymous it's just the way I guess lol, I will do what I can for who I can, let me know if you still want these spare parts.
If they are useless the charger and parts such as battery would fetch atleast 30 pound on ebay, I'm useless at that stuff so I'd rather just send it lazy I know
but what can I do lol

Personally I find people are so easy to avoid helping regardless of situation, I'll help all and any in genuine need especially those who we deem as "disabled". Infact If possible I would give my own legs, stomach,arms or whatever working bodily part I could to the people I mention.
I know they would use them to greater effect than I ever could
edit on 13-12-2012 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

I will let you know.

I have to say I am worried about you. You made a comment in that post that concerns me. The part about giving your own body parts because you don't think you will make good use of them...

I must say, it is possible you are an extraordinarily compassionate individual.

You are right, it is horrible. I am still concerned by that comment though. Don't give up on yourself, you seem like a good person. That is 90% of the battle.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I want to apologize.
My posts were emotionally driven and offensive yesterday in this thread. To no one's benefit.

I just get angry when there is suffering going-on that I can't neutralize.
I went to work my frustrations out and stupidly screwed my back up again.

Now I'm even more useless.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I think the reason it hits many people so hard is because society does not put the suffering in front of your face. If you are a good person, when you see or hear of suffering it causes you great distress because you have no resistance to it. None of us have a decent tolerance for the suffering in the world because we are rarely exposed to it. We sweep it under the rug instead of bringing it to light. I have seen enough of that in my life to last an eternity.

They push it to the side, so that they may feel happy and content (along with materialistic often times).

We need to completely change that way of thinking.

I see why you felt the way you did. Trust me, I have said some things out of frustration that I regret now as well. It is very frustrating. I cringe every time I try to put myself in their situation.

You should not worry so much though, God is in control and sees your intent. That is my belief. This is all a test. It seems to me you are passing, but I am not God. If you do not believe in God, you should still take comfort in knowing you are not the type of person that this kind of thing does not affect.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Not to worry I am fine

I wouldn't do anything silly or drastic to help others, I am a organ donor though so maybe one day my body will save lifes. At this moment though I need my body and I'm teaching myself to look after it more.Stop smoking and drinking etc.

I'm fine mentally and physically thanks for caring though

You never know in 10-20 years they may have mastered growing body parts in labs rendering any body parts I could have offered as second hand shabby crap lol. This is something we are really close to achieving

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Thank the Lord for providing.

Life seems more fulfilling when wanting things takes a back seat to things we receive through grace.

If God had a switchboard operator, he'd appreciate/receive the calls of gratitude more often, and request hearing them first-I would think...

Calls for wanted things usually are met with a busy signal, he knows all about the desires in one's heart. And asking for the same old thing is like a broken record. Why provide if it ain't going to be appreciated?

Give thanks first, second, and third.

I recently got a job that brings my 130% under poverty level up to 0! Well, I'll have to do the math to be certain.

Someone with the capacity to start a foundation? "A foundation for Caring." Are there not victim reparation funds available to this family?

I gotta go hang from the rafters, sciatica pain before heading out to work again.

You guys take care.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990

Not to worry I am fine

I wouldn't do anything silly or drastic to help others, I am a organ donor though so maybe one day my body will save lifes. At this moment though I need my body and I'm teaching myself to look after it more.Stop smoking and drinking etc.

I'm fine mentally and physically thanks for caring though

You never know in 10-20 years they may have mastered growing body parts in labs rendering any body parts I could have offered as second hand shabby crap lol. This is something we are really close to achieving

Speaking of that! Her son was an organ donar! Someone got his heart and someone got his lungs...

Whoever got his heart has no idea how much heart they actually got.
I feel bad for the one that got his lungs though
. New ports and cigars kill lungs fast.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Victim reperation funds... I am sorry they do not speak that language in Detroit.

They are too busy trying to get funds to prevent more victims.

God is something we can not fully understand.

That is great to hear about the job! Maybe soon I will be above that line. It isn't so bad though. Not as bad as it sounds... we have what we need.
edit on 14-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

The next time I am there I will be stopping by a few places to see if they can help. Care foundation type thing may exist that I do not yet know of.
edit on 14-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join