It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A challenge to the Mason's capacity for Love

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There are two ladies living together in Highland Park, MI (inside of Detroit look it up) along with one of their daughters and her grandfather. One of them is unable to eat anything, ever. She has a tube that drains her stomach's acid all day long. She has another tube to feed her.

The other has no legs and is literally stuck sitting in the same bed all day every day, and all night every night. She can not even afford a Catholic Parish Edition to read, and she is Catholic (I will be providing one next time I see her).

They have NO money, and my best-friend's (who is now dead; homicide I will provide link) sister is working two jobs and going to school to provide what is virtually their only income.

They have no cable , no laptop, no internet, no money, and virtually nothing coming to them for Christmas.

I spent over an hour talking to the one with no legs last time I was out there, and she is praying for a laptop and internet. A laptop and internet would literally change her entire life. I prayed for her and quoted some vital pieces of Scripture for her in this situation and wrote them down.

The one with the feeding tube and draining tube that can not eat - here is a link to how she lost her son. Take the time to read it this is not a joke. This is a human being asking you for help. wchbnewsdetroit.com... /. . They left out that he was holding the door for everyone to get in, and that is why he got hit. He just got an A on his math test, and was going to graduate. If you knew what he went through growing up in that neighborhood, you would know that this was the last thing anyone thought he would be doing - graduating and getting A's on math tests. You can imagine how his mother will be feeling this Christmas.

Now you might ask - why not give her the laptop I am on? Because it is so old and slow, and also requires an external keyboard. On top of that, I will need it to find a better job.

These people are my second family, and my families second family as well. If Masons fix this situation, I will not let anyone talk bad about them in my presence without me defending them with zeal, and I will likely try to join one day.

A priest has been by, but the Church is apparently unable to help right now.... Considering the area it is in I am not surprised.

If I was a man with access to money and I was aware of people suffering like that I would not be idle. You are now aware of the situation.
edit on 13-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

She is not the only one suffering. One of the Lodges in my area provides for two families during Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays. A call for compassion shouldn't be just asked from the Masons, but from everyone...we're not the only ones with something to give.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
A sad story and terrible tragedy, but as KSig mentions the call to 'ggod samaritans' shouldn't necessarily be focused towards any one group but Instead all people capable of helping others in their time of need.

Sad. Sad Story. :shk:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

She is not the only one suffering. One of the Lodges in my area provides for two families during Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays. A call for compassion shouldn't be just asked from the Masons, but from everyone...we're not the only ones with something to give.

No one is helping. I would wager someone reading has access to large amounts of money, and to them this would be the equivalent of me giving a dollar.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Masons don't care.
Sorry if I sound bitter.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I recommend you contact one of the many lodges in Detroit for assistance.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I just heard a plea on the radio yesterday for a family that was in bad times. This time of year you can find much more generosity than at others. I suggest calling the local radio stations and ask if they might be able to mention the situation. Start up a bank account in their honor and ask that donations be sent there. The local community will be able to do much more than any of us in different states.

And before you decide to join masonry, be sure you know how it will affect your standing with your church if your church means that much to you. Masonry would be happy to have you, but your church might not be so happy about the decision. (just and FYI)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I will likely one day be joining either the KOC or Freemasons, if I am still alive that is. I do have a number of people looking to kill me

The Vatican has access to a lot of money too. I believe it was Pope Leo that had a vision of God and Satan at the tabernacle, with Satan saying he needs more power and time. God allowed this test. I assume the reasons are similar to what happened in the book of Job. I know many Masons do not believe as I do, but we have seen a lot of evidence of this since then. Call it whatever you want.
The Church is aware of the situation. Past that, not everyone agrees with the Church's statement that Freemasonry is incompatible, and we have had priests that were Masons and Bishops as well if what I read on the internet is correct.

edit: I will be contacting a lodge.

Because of the mason haters challenge thread, where the OP claims to do random acts of anonymous charity, I thought making this thread would be a good plan.
edit on 13-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Now you might ask - why not give her the laptop I am on? Because it is so old and slow, and also requires an external keyboard. On top of that, I will need it to find a better job.

A laptop that is old and slow is better than no laptop at all.

Sounds to me like you are trying to get a new laptop for yourself.

Sorry, but this story sounds a bit self fulfilling to me. Sorry, OP, while I am a compassionate mason, I do not find your story to be credible.

Call me a skeptic. Oh, wait. 99% of ATS'ers are Skeptics. So maybe you chose the wrong forum for your plea.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

My dead brothers (best friend, whatever) family is suffering immensely and you think I am trying to hustle for a laptop?

I have seen skepticism but this defies all logic IMHO.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I think I understand what you are on to OP...

Masons it seems wield all the clout; pillars of their community. One group of people who CAN actually make a difference, if they so desired to do as they claim.

What are you masons doing with all that clout, where did it come from?

You guys front like you're doing a huge community service, but you're all either a chairman of the board, or a board member pushing pencils to design a better life for your own fraternity-members-beneficiaries.

Do you masons actually effect anything in the world that may benefit people not affiliated with your organization (s)?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If you want to help this family submit something to the local news detailing their predicament. Contact the local KoC and Masons too, we do try to help but we try to help within our own communities. We are a large Fraternity but our reach is through the local Lodges as it should be.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I wasn't trying to get at that. I was actually asking for help.

That being said... if a Mason were to contact a lodge in Detroit and look that family up, I am sure it would be handled a lot better than me walking in to a random lodge where no one has seen me.

If you want to verify my story you do have the name of the family. I would like to take a Mason down there to see what they actually are living like. Maybe my request will be granted.

The Church is aware, and has not done anything yet that I am aware of. All they have done since a few days ago was bless the house and pray. They also stop by to talk. That is extremely helpful yes, but they are in grave need of financial assistance.

My sister who works the 2 jobs and goes to school - she deserves a better chance. Society would benefit from her being able to focus on school, but no one will realize that until it is too late.

I refer to her as my sister, and the one with the feeding tube as my 2nd mom. Her son lives on through me, so it is logical.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

please name five masons who are on any board of directors and have the CLOUT your refer to.

See, folks who don't know usually spout off things such as you just did, never knowing anything at all for real about the subject. they heard.....or their friends girlfriend told them....... It's just plain sad that folks are so willing to regurgitate stupidity without actually trying to find out for themselves.

Masons in general are normal folks. Most live modestly as they are not Royalty or Elite. They are garbageman, auto mechanics, factory workers, electricians, plumbers. Most do give what they can to charity and as a mason you learn how your few dollars can pool with everyone else's few dollars and make a big difference somewhere.

So in answer to your question, go to a masonic lodge and find our for your damn self.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by no1smootha
If you want to help this family submit something to the local news detailing their predicament. Contact the local KoC and Masons too, we do try to help but we try to help within our own communities. We are a large Fraternity but our reach is through the local Lodges as it should be.

The newspaper and radio idea is not going to work. Did I mention the city it is in? Look up Highland Park, MI.

They will be left to rot.

I will be contacting a local lodge and the KoC (the Church already knows, so I assume this is pointless).

I would prefer if a Mason who actually believes me could contact a lodge. I feel I will likely be ignored or placed on the back-burner if I do. I will still do it. There is actually a lodge down the street. Until I got on this forum, I thought the extent of the Masons charity was Shriner's hospitals and other official charity.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

My advice is to ask the lodge, be sincere and if they cannot help financially, ask them if they know of any way to facilitate helping this family. And don't give up on Radio. Check with country and Christian stations. (they are usually smaller, but have the type of listener who would more be willing to put out money to a stranger. And don't give up.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

May I suggest that instead of going to a Lodge that you write to the Lodge. Correspondence will be read by the secretary and then even if the Lodge themselves are unable to help, perhaps a Brother will be moved by his compassion.

Also, Comcast has a program called Internet Essentials that helps qualified low-income families to get internet and a net-book.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by loveguy

please name five masons who are on any board of directors and have the CLOUT your refer to.

See, folks who don't know usually spout off things such as you just did, never knowing anything at all for real about the subject. they heard.....or their friends girlfriend told them....... It's just plain sad that folks are so willing to regurgitate stupidity without actually trying to find out for themselves.

Masons in general are normal folks. Most live modestly as they are not Royalty or Elite. They are garbageman, auto mechanics, factory workers, electricians, plumbers. Most do give what they can to charity and as a mason you learn how your few dollars can pool with everyone else's few dollars and make a big difference somewhere.

So in answer to your question, go to a masonic lodge and find our for your damn self.

Bingo on Tuesday nights.

How many US presidents were masons?

Personally, I don't have any issue with any mason I've shook hands with.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I will do that. Can't say it is pointless if I have not yet tried I guess. You can see why I would think it would be pointless, though.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

I will do that thank you for the advice.

They are aware of that program and can not afford the 15 dollars a month.
I will probably be hooking them up with that most likely.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join