It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Benghazi Debacle On 'Life Support' With But a Glimmer of Hope For Revival

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
This topic is posted here because I determined the entire matter to be in the category of a general conspiracy on the part of the US government that crosses through quite a few 'alphabet' agencies. In short - an elaborate cover-up, but at least people like Congressman Chaffetz have the courage to hang in there against stiff opposition from his colleagues - eventually he might very well be able to uncover it all.

Chaffetz: State Dept Hiding Benghazi Survivors

Congressman Jason Chaffetz (R- UT) told Breitbart News on Wednesday that he has been “thwarted” by the State Department from seeing any Americans who survived the deadly attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi. Many people forget that there were Americans who survived the Benghazi attack, some of whom were badly injured and are still recovering.

“My understanding is that we still have some people in the hospital. I’d like to visit with them and wish them nothing but the best but the State Department has seen it unfit for me to know who those people are—or even how many there are,” Rep. Chaffetz said. "I don’t know who they are. I don’t know where they live. I don’t know what state they’re from. I don’t even know how many there are. It doesn’t seem right to me."

“This is so patently different than any other experience I’ve had. Unfortunately, people have been killed and maimed and in harm’s way in Afghanistan and Iraq and in points beyond. It’s typically been the case that they would release those names but in this case, they won’t. My challenge is to the media. You try and figure it out. They won’t let Congress know. They won’t seem to let the media know either.”

Breitbart News sent an inquiry to the State Department regarding those who survived the attack in Benghazi and is awaiting a response.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This broke today.......As indicated in and by this thread the administration is trying their very best to assure the demise if the Benghazi affair. Susan Rice is out because the administration cannot risk a resurgence of the Benghazi debacle.

EXCLUSIVE: Susan Rice drops out of running for secretary of state, cites 'very politicized' confirmation process.

[b[First paragraph
By Tracy Connor, NBC News

Embattled U.N. envoy Susan Rice is dropping out of the running to be the next secretary of state after months of criticism over her Benghazi comments.

“Today, I made the decision that it was the best thing for our country, for the American people that I not continue to be considered by the president for nomination of secretary of state,” Rice told NBC’s Brian Williams.

“I didn’t want to see a confirmation process that was very prolonged, very politicized, very distracting and very disruptive because there are so many things we need to get done as a country and the first several months of a second term president’s agenda is really the opportunity to get the crucial things done.”

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Maybe they just need to put CNN's Arwa Damon on the case to sift through burnt out rubble and "discover"
a paper diary belonging to Steven's team members also.
www.mediabistro.com...

If she'd have been in NY, she could have found the rest of the "alleged hijackers" other passports, too no doubt.

I just want to call out this fraudster so bad!
I am considering sending an email to CNN regarding the bogus story she filed today of her and a cameraman
being caught in a "firefight" in Syria and the hose lasso made to drag an effigy of a woman to "safety".
Some of the cheesiest fake reporting this woman does.
She has Charles Jaco beat by a mile in that department.
edit on 13-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Thanks for the post.......but where is the story you refer to here ---->

I am considering sending an email to CNN regarding the bogus story she filed today of her and a cameraman
being caught in a "firefight" in Syria and the hose lasso made to drag an effigy of a woman to "safety".

I suspected fraud from the moment I heard about journalists in Benghazi having had such open access to the CIA compound after the fact - how is that even possible? I also never believed the stories about the compound being open to all comers unsecured and unguarded, and that anyone could have access to the compound at anytime. Total BS

The stories about the FBI not being able to gain access to the site for what - a month? More BS

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Ya. I went looking to see if anybody else noticed or commented on her "story" today.
I mean she is filming this "Syria" stuff from Turkey and Lebanon because that's where she
reports from. Supposedly she and the cameraman just go into Syria with their defector guides
to get these hoaky film stories. And her voice delivery, ai-yi-yi.

So in searching for that I stumbled on the link above.
I was just like, HER?! She's the one who found the stupid "diary"?

The whole Benghazi story has been a wag the doggie from the jump.
Just knowing that Arwa Damon had a hand in investigating it before the FBI
tells you everything you need to know about this story. IMO

new topics

top topics

join