It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket w/ Video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I love how he says this situation has "restored his faith in god".
A human helping out another human has restored your faith in god? That situation has nothing to do with god, a man with good morals and a kind heart helped you out, how about restore your faith in humanity?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

And that...

is Awesome.

Cool cop.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

A quality that is disappearing in America!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
While a nice gesture, on top of still paying for the registration, which said person can barely afford, there's now also paying for a ticket?

I'm not falling for this "gesture of humanity." It's an insult. Give a freakin' warning.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Maaaan, I just got pulled over for this exact thing in Alabama a couple weeks ago, same reason as well. But I can't complain. I told the officer we hadn't been able to afford it and he gave me a way out court date (like the end of Feb) so I had time to get it fixed and not have to go to court. Still a good cop in my opinion..even if I didn't get $100

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
How exactly did this cop help this man? Sure, he gave him a 100 dollar bill, but he also handed him a ticket which was probably over 100 dollars. The guy would be in the same situation, or better off, had he not been ticketed in the first place.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Great story but unfortunately, the ignorant douchebags outnumber the number of kind folk in Texas....and most of them vote.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I didn't see any replies concerning the odds. I'd say they must be some where around lottery status maybe higher.
Just didn't pay as much. But the first thing that had to happen of course was, this guy had to get pulled over. And when we move on to the second, the odds would at the very least double but most likely triple even quadruple.
And then on exponentially to countless other little anomalies that needed to occur before the actual reception of this kind gesture could even have a chance to happen.

Unbelievable. But there it is.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

While a nice gesture, on top of still paying for the registration, which said person can barely afford, there's now also paying for a ticket?

It's a fix it ticket ! He gets his registration stops by the courthouse and they sign it off. No one is trying to con you.

However I can just imagine the guy went straight to crack alley with the C note.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Liquesence

However I can just imagine the guy went straight to crack alley with the C note.

I can just imagine that the cop had an extra $100 to throw around because he's dirty and reselling the crack he confiscates in crack alley. Any other ridiculous unfounded statements we can make?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dorkfish87
There are a lot of kind hearts in Texas, makes me miss Conroe where I grew up

for real. im from texas and live here still but have lived in many of other states.. and people just really are nicer here. IMO I know there is nice and good people everywhere..but down in the southern us..its just different

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There are a lot of good cops out there. There are some bad ones also but that's the way it is. I can't see people giving the cops a hard time, that makes the good ones crabby.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I got pulled over in January, and the color changed on my inspection ticket and it expired a month ago in December. The cop pulled me over goes up to my car for no more than 15 seconds, and goes "oh nvm just a month old make your get that checked soon have a nice day". I got a clean record and I don't know how MANY times I got out of a ticket, charge, etc., on campus and around my town but its 10+ times I've gotten out of them, and sometimes serious charges.

People will tend to say they hate cops and cops are all bad and evil. Well in the first place show them respect and they will show you respect back. If you're a total douche expect to be treated like a total douche back, what people fail to explain in there stories 99% of the time of these cops being evil and what not its just that, they didn't show respect and are total dbag expecting to get some special treatment and they think they know the law better which they don't the majority of the time and that gets them in trouble trying to outsmart a cop. Then they share there stories based on only their side which they always never do anything wrong!

I'm not saying all cops are perfect, just like with anything out there there a few bad ones who abuse power like in ANY job, but the majority of them are good people. If you were to compare the slack they cut compared to the dickhead things they would have done it wouldn't even be a competition. People tend to stereotype cops, I think it wouldn't be fair if they stereotyped citizens based on the crackhead they arrested robbing a pharmacy for oxys would it? My cousin who is a cop tells me stories all the time about people he pulls over and arrests and Jesus Christ if I had to deal with that # I'd be one of those cops you see on youtube billy clubbing them. Kidding.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
So in the US $100 can pay 2 car rego's. In Australia our rego is about $600 - 700 per year. I'd love it for a cop to pull me over and hand me $1400 large.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The last time i was pulled over in Plano was for the same thing, expired registration. The officer was a nice guy, he wrote me a ticket and then told me to renew the registration before the court date and then how to have the ticket dismissed.

Not all police are bad guys.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This story really restores my hope in humanity, it really brought a tear to my eye I wish I had the money to help people like that. Struggling myself right now once again my kids wont have much of a X-mas especially since their granny died this year.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hayden Carlo was down on his luck and probably spent many nights praying for a break as I'm sure many have..
Officers are people too, but because of the nature of their job many dislike them...
Its good to see that the officer's friends are supporting him, and good to hear that Hayden Carlo has a new job.peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dannkk
How exactly did this cop help this man? Sure, he gave him a 100 dollar bill, but he also handed him a ticket which was probably over 100 dollars. The guy would be in the same situation, or better off, had he not been ticketed in the first place.

I know what you mean, but wouldn't doing something like that put his job at risk, he has to follow the rules right? (I'm not sure what the rules really are thou, are policemen allowed to choose whether to give someone a ticket or not?)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Maybe this is true, Maybe not. But A Thousand good deeds can all be erased by a single bad one. Sure there are tons of Good cops, I know MANY. But that doesnt mean I have to trust them. Anyone, especially those with positions of authority, have the potential for evil.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
After waking up, listening to the world news, with the child killings in the states, it's nice to hear a good news story.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join