We Have No Purpose, You Think You are Sooooo Special, Don't You?

page: 5
11
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

"You have a PURPOSE. ALL beings have a purpose."




"There is a veil that covers the eyes of man creating an illusion to the things we cannot see. There is so much more to this world but without removing the veil one may not ever see it."

"But man has forgotten how to listen". The awakening of man will only happen when man begins to listen to his creator. But man has forgotten how to listen..." ~ "Lady in the Water"


"...people still serve a purpose in this world, and that through supernatural power or simply by strange occurence we are where we are for a reason. Even the most insignificant people have a reason to exist. And that is an undeniably comforting truth in a world where one of our greatest fears is to be alone and without a cause to live." LINK




posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund
 


I like your cat OP.


I don't like your world-view.

We do have purpose. And yes I think I am soooo special.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Do we have a purpose, or a reason to be alive ?
Are we individually an important part of gods devine plan?

We are beings on a speck of a planet compared to the rest of the Universe(s), we live, we die and then we turn to dust, soon everything we ever did is forgotten as if we never existed, then, perhaps in another 100,000 years the human race may be no more.

Since we are such an insignificant blip on the journey of time, insignificant on the scale of the Universe stuck on a little planet. What good could we possibly do for the Universe as a whole?
A purpose?
Does an ant have a destiny, a purpose?

This is Just The The Milky Way

We have no purpose, WE ARE JUST HERE!

Perhaps if we are the product of Annunaki genetic manipulation, we did have a purpose for them, as slaves, but on a Universal scale we are just a fart in wind, noticable but gone and quickly forgotten.
For what purpose should we have a purpose for gods devine plan?
As an individual, how would you benefit the Universe?
If there is a god, what is gods plan? Where would a human fit in there?

A purpose is something that religion made up, or moreso something that the religious made up.


'I believe god has a purpose for me because it makes me feel good to think that'

If people didn't believe in a purpose it would not satisfy their own self importance, the need to satisfy the ego is why people like to believe god has a plan for them.

I know, because I once thought that way until I realized that it's nothing but wishful thinking to satisfy my sense of self importance.

We have no purpose, we are not part of a plan, we are animated meat, we live, we die and the Universe carries on without us, like it always did.
The only purpose in believing in a purpose is to make us feel happy, important, and needed.
This belief is just a belief and is just a product of the ego.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Toadmund because: devine


Even the atoms that make up the computer you typed this post with have a purpose. You wouldn't have been able to post it without them



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
reply to post by Toadmund
 


I like your cat OP.


I don't like your world-view.

We do have purpose. And yes I think I am soooo special.

I think your soooooo special too.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Why are you HERE?

To choose LOVE...




"You are not of this world. You are going to die in about 50 years, for real, maybe sooner at best. Life is a vapor. You are going to die, sooner then you think. You are going to face the uncreated One, in your barrenness, in your raw self, you are going to face the uncreated One.

But what you do in this age with your heart response in love is the only thing, the only thing, the only thing that matters. In the truest sense of the word. Why are you here? To choose love.
Set your heart on a pilgrimage to be great in eternity. You are going to be there in just a moment, you are going to be there in just a moment. And what you have done in love and service is what is going to stand in that day."

Eternity Speaking & MP3



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Why haven't we found anything in all of the known universe that even remotely is similar to our lifeforms if we are indeed so insignificant?


Because we ARE so insignificant. Finding life like us would be similar for a skin cell on one of your hands detecting a skin cell on your other hand.

There are more stars in the universe than there are all the grains of sand on Earth (including all deserts!)



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
God made each one of us for a specific reason and I am convinced that the secret to finding happiness is to CONNECT with that purpose.

The biggest loss for humans is to die without finding out who they really were and WHY they were really born.

The biggest loss in life is losing your sense of purpose...

What we do in life echoes forever in eternity.

God uses every encounter of our lives to draw us closer to him.

I believe that the key is to focus your entire life around connecting with your PURPOSE..


The Purpose of Your Life

What Are You Living For?

Living a Life That Matters



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
Do we have a purpose, or a reason to be alive ?
Are we individually an important part of gods devine plan?

We are beings on a speck of a planet compared to the rest of the Universe(s), we live, we die and then we turn to dust, soon everything we ever did is forgotten as if we never existed, then, perhaps in another 100,000 years the human race may be no more.

Since we are such an insignificant blip on the journey of time, insignificant on the scale of the Universe stuck on a little planet. What good could we possibly do for the Universe as a whole?
A purpose?
Does an ant have a destiny, a purpose?

This is Just The The Milky Way

We have no purpose, WE ARE JUST HERE!

Perhaps if we are the product of Annunaki genetic manipulation, we did have a purpose for them, as slaves, but on a Universal scale we are just a fart in wind, noticable but gone and quickly forgotten.
For what purpose should we have a purpose for gods devine plan?
As an individual, how would you benefit the Universe?
If there is a god, what is gods plan? Where would a human fit in there?

A purpose is something that religion made up, or moreso something that the religious made up.


'I believe god has a purpose for me because it makes me feel good to think that'

If people didn't believe in a purpose it would not satisfy their own self importance, the need to satisfy the ego is why people like to believe god has a plan for them.

I know, because I once thought that way until I realized that it's nothing but wishful thinking to satisfy my sense of self importance.

We have no purpose, we are not part of a plan, we are animated meat, we live, we die and the Universe carries on without us, like it always did.
The only purpose in believing in a purpose is to make us feel happy, important, and needed.
This belief is just a belief and is just a product of the ego.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Toadmund because: devine


There are plenty of ways for people to satisfy themselves, it's about priorities.
Like right now I can assume that you wrote this thread for satisfaction, telling others that God is just a product of the ego gives you satisfaction because you KNOW you've got the majority on your side, the ones who tell themselves that God can be used like a blanket.
There are people who have made a difference in this world, they CERTAINLY didn't do it on their own, they merely got the credit!
There is nothing wrong with feeling happy, important, and needed, there is something wrong with telling others that they're just animated meat in order to get those feelings.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
We are created for HIS pleasure... None of us is here by accident.

We were planned and wanted by our Heavenly Father from before the beginning of time (Psalm 139).


"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." Revelation 4:11


"For by Him were all things created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones or dominions or principalities or powers: all things were created by Him and for Him." Colossians 1:16


We all have scroll prepared by God before we were conceived in our mother’s womb. It’s important we discover what is written on it so we can walk in it and fulfil our Testimony; for it is on this that we will be judged and rewarded.

Perhaps the best way of describing it is that it is Gods assignment for each individual created before we were conceived in our mother’s womb. This is our contribution to Gods own overall scroll and testimony. He wants us to participate in His plan.

At the end of this life Jesus will compare what we have done with what we should have done with our lives. We have a lifetime to discover what is on our scroll and work it out and achieve it.

Your Scroll and Testimony

The Testimony of Your Scroll MP3


You can only achieve what you were called to do when you connect with God:


"My life went in circles until God took hold of me and changed me.” That man was Jacob. He said, “I encountered the Lord at Bethel. I was never the same again. Insecurities will cause you to go in circles and miss your calling and destiny.

You must lay your life down completely for the Lord. It is better to die serving the Lord, than to die in calamities that are coming upon the earth. You can only achieve what you were called to do when you connect with God and when you walk under an open heaven.” LINK



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I guess it might sound a bit arrogant to say that the universe, or the whole of existence serves no ultimate purpose. Of course there's no way for us to know that for sure, but given what we know at the moment, it's not really a great stretch to conclude just that.

Chemical reactions for example, dont follow any purpose, they just happen. We're essentially a complex soup of these chemical reactions, and as such, why would we be of any special significance?

That is the ultimate truth right there... In the end, it's all for nothing, meaningless.

And people find this a sad thing? Why? What's more sad, is the human demand for something so vastly greater to serve a purpose meaningful to us.


Existential nihilism



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryom
I guess it might sound a bit arrogant to say that the universe, or the whole of existence serves no ultimate purpose. Of course there's no way for us to know that for sure, but given what we know at the moment, it's not really a great stretch to conclude just that.

Chemical reactions for example, dont follow any purpose, they just happen. We're essentially a complex soup of these chemical reactions, and as such, why would we be of any special significance?

That is the ultimate truth right there... In the end, it's all for nothing, meaningless.
...

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you said...but, I don't see how you got from the first underlined phrase, to the second underlined phrase...



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I am here...I read this post...I will never get that time back...I replied....I have a purpose.
I feel fulfilled.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund
 


Bravo!!!!!! That's the logical conclusion a materialist atheist has to eventually come to. No purpose, no soul, no conscience......

Therefore steal, eat, conquer, impregnate the world over, forget your neighbors, eff everything cause in the end it doesn't matter



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash
 


Yes, I could've written that more clearly... I mean't that we likely aren't ever going to be able to scientifitically find any true purpose for anything, much like proving or disproving the existence of god, impossible... Rest of the post are just my personal opinions/beliefs/observations.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryom
reply to post by WanDash
 


Yes, I could've written that more clearly... I mean't that we likely aren't ever going to be able to scientifitically find any true purpose for anything, much like proving or disproving the existence of god, impossible... Rest of the post are just my personal opinions/beliefs/observations.

Thanks for the clarification...
Can't get much better than personal opinions/beliefs/observations!



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund
 


You don't have purpose? Then why get out of bed in the morning? It's meaning you don't have, nor personal insight.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Fortunately there are a number of anti depressant drugs available to you, consult your physician. Side effects may include heart attack, suicidal thoughts, vomiting and a renewed interest in daytime television.
SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!
You're a HUMAN BEING, the most destructive force on the planet, besides the obvious weaponry and damage from war we have 90 year old people who drive cars into buildings on a daily basis just for kicks.
Go out and stomp on some grass or sand, show the universe who's the boss.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund
 


Back when i was an atheist leaning agnostic i came to this great realization:

If God didn't exist then life has no meaning at all and is not even worth living if all you are and all you were, your memories and experiences, your thoughts, hopes and dreams, fade away into oblivion. Knowing that from the moment you were born to the day you die you are nothing, you are worthless. A waste of space, time and energy with no purpose other than to live and die and then be forgotten forever.

That was the day i came close to killing myself. Now i'm no longer an atheist leaning agnostic, i'm a christian and i'd rather put my hope in Jesus the Christ, than have no hope at all and nothing but despair to haunt my dreams.

When you stare into the abyss long enough, you will find it staring back at you.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Lol way to keep the positive mindset

This topic is win



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by Toadmund
 


Back when i was an atheist leaning agnostic i came to this great realization:

If God didn't exist then life has no meaning at all and is not even worth living if all you are and all you were, your memories and experiences, your thoughts, hopes and dreams, fade away into oblivion. Knowing that from the moment you were born to the day you die you are nothing, you are worthless. A waste of space, time and energy with no purpose other than to live and die and then be forgotten forever.

That was the day i came close to killing myself. Now i'm no longer an atheist leaning agnostic, i'm a christian and i'd rather put my hope in Jesus the Christ, than have no hope at all and nothing but despair to haunt my dreams.

When you stare into the abyss long enough, you will find it staring back at you.


Funny, I wish I could believe in the former. Life would be so much easier if I could just cease to exist. Hell I would have shot myself in the face some time ago if that's all there is to it.

ETA: Anyone else want to borrow my "crutch"?
edit on 13-12-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
11
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join