It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have No Purpose, You Think You are Sooooo Special, Don't You?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Do we have a purpose, or a reason to be alive ?
Are we individually an important part of gods devine plan?

We are beings on a speck of a planet compared to the rest of the Universe(s), we live, we die and then we turn to dust, soon everything we ever did is forgotten as if we never existed, then, perhaps in another 100,000 years the human race may be no more.

Since we are such an insignificant blip on the journey of time, insignificant on the scale of the Universe stuck on a little planet. What good could we possibly do for the Universe as a whole?
A purpose?
Does an ant have a destiny, a purpose?

This is Just The The Milky Way

We have no purpose, WE ARE JUST HERE!

Perhaps if we are the product of Annunaki genetic manipulation, we did have a purpose for them, as slaves, but on a Universal scale we are just a fart in wind, noticable but gone and quickly forgotten.
For what purpose should we have a purpose for gods devine plan?
As an individual, how would you benefit the Universe?
If there is a god, what is gods plan? Where would a human fit in there?

A purpose is something that religion made up, or moreso something that the religious made up.

'I believe god has a purpose for me because it makes me feel good to think that'

If people didn't believe in a purpose it would not satisfy their own self importance, the need to satisfy the ego is why people like to believe god has a plan for them.

I know, because I once thought that way until I realized that it's nothing but wishful thinking to satisfy my sense of self importance.

We have no purpose, we are not part of a plan, we are animated meat, we live, we die and the Universe carries on without us, like it always did.
The only purpose in believing in a purpose is to make us feel happy, important, and needed.
This belief is just a belief and is just a product of the ego.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Toadmund because: devine

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
While I agree with a majority of your post, I do believe I have a purpose. I don't think it's god given, I think we give our own lives purpose.

Also consider th butterfly effect. While we may only have a tiny influence on existence, we do still have an influence. Even when we are long forgotten our ripples continue to effect the future. Actually you could argue that the further into the future you look, the greater the influence.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

We Have No Purpose, You Think You are Sooooo Special, Don't You?

Speak for yourself. I have a purpose, because I have given myself a purpose: give joy to those around me

“To laugh often and much; To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”
~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

If this is not respectable to you, then you must not be a respectable person. If you have no purpose, that is because you, and only you, have decided there is no purpose to your existence. No one can tell you what you are here for. That is your right and your responsibility.

Decide your own worth, and demonstrate it to others for the good of the community. How's that for a purpose?
edit on 13-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Why haven't we found anything in all of the known universe that even remotely is similar to our lifeforms if we are indeed so insignificant?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
sad thinking

dont be sad you also have a purpose

but thinking the way you are .. is gonna keep you away from that purpose

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

why bother ? we are creatures, it's the problem of the creating force in the universe.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I guess my only purpose at this point is my kids still need me.

Other then that I never felt myself as important.

The purpose of life should be being there for one-another.
On this god forsaken planet.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

And you know all this because you have died and been brought back from the dead...?Or maybe some secret agent showed up at your doorstep just to give you a recovered manuscript of the known universe backing your claims?At least in religion they have a sense of Historical fact's, where as you...human I am sure, have been in this world how long?Or maybe an Alien God gave you this profound knowledge?...lolNot trying to pick a fight....but i get frustrated when i see someone to be so swift as to absolute resolution of an answer to a mystery that in my opinion no one has proved to be true or untrue since it's ideology spawn since the time mankind was aware of his/her death.But hey i guess someone out there has all the answers huh?That must be why all of life's mysteries are brought into illuminated fruition every day....lmao.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
sad thinking

dont be sad you also have a purpose

but thinking the way you are .. is gonna keep you away from that purpose

You are not making sense, but then again you are.
You just told me with your statement that to believe you have a 'Universal' purpose is something you think to be happy.
Don't be sad, believe in made up ego stroking make-believe, then you'll be happy.

They key to happiness is to feed yourself BS!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just because you don't know your purpose doesn't mean there isn't one.
Give yourself a purpose, make your own reasons to live

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

nice perspective there ...you must be a really happy person.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

How do you know it's BS...can you prove what your saying?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onewhoknowsjesus
At least in religion they have a sense of Historical fact's, where as you...

A 'sense' of historical 'facts'.
Sensing something does not a fact make!

One of us is absolutely correct!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Nope, I don't think I am special at all. I feel very small and almost nothing when I look at the Universe, but what I do think is really special, is that I have a conscious and I have the capability to learn and live a short time in this mysterious and complex universe.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

In basic simplicity....no personal opinions or half-arse second guesses do you or do you not have any evidence to back up your claims and opinions?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

lol,,ok twist my word's to spawn an argument to prevent yourself from answering a simple question...your just proving my point...thanks

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It is on you to give your life purpose. Is everyone born with a specific purpose in mind? Probably not, but that does not mean one should go through life without purpose. Seems like a waste to me.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

How do you know it's BS...can you prove what your saying?

No I cannot, can you?
No you can't.

And don't quote me from the bible either, if you are thinking of that.

I think it's BS because we do not need a devine purpose in order to survive. We need a devine purpose to make us feel good and to not be sad.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

lol,,ok twist my word's to spawn an argument to prevent yourself from answering a simple question...your just proving my point...thanks

What did I twist, I got the quote direct from your own post.
You claim religion has historical facts when nothing has been proven.

Enlighten me, don't feed your own ego thinking I am proving your point.
I did not prove anything about your argument.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

you have a purpose it's to get of your bum-bum go out into the world and make yourself,and your purpose or sit back and wine about how it's all useless...stand up take charge of your life and go make wonderful purpose with your life...or sit around on your mums/dad's computer and feel sorry for yourself...your choice

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join