It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAther carves pentagram in sons back to mark 12/12/12

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
No real pagan content in this story and any debate as to whether this was a pentagram, a pentacle or even a pentatonic minor scale is pointless. The man was a unstable dick and it's very, very unlikely he has any pagan belief system. The point about 12-12-12 being a holy day backs this up. It was only a holy day in his head.

Honestly? He's probably a nutbag who has, over the years, seen too many lazy horror films that use this kind of symbol is pretty meaningless ways. It's like swastikas, over the years there's been fads of people using this to shock, without really subscribing to a Nazi ideology. Draw a pentagram or pentacle and the associations of the viewer basically write their own message.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
No real pagan content in this story and any debate as to whether this was a pentagram, a pentacle or even a pentatonic minor scale is pointless. The man was a unstable dick and it's very, very unlikely he has any pagan belief system. The point about 12-12-12 being a holy day backs this up. It was only a holy day in his head.

Honestly? He's probably a nutbag who has, over the years, seen too many lazy horror films that use this kind of symbol is pretty meaningless ways. It's like swastikas, over the years there's been fads of people using this to shock, without really subscribing to a Nazi ideology. Draw a pentagram or pentacle and the associations of the viewer basically write their own message.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by ATS on this thread. It hasn't turned into a bunch of paranoid ramblings about religions that people only hear about from Hollywood or bible tracts. I think most members here realize this was a psycho and that his form of expression was only incidental.

But to clarify to any who might think that his beliefs are important and want to be able to label him as something, I can say that there aren't any observances of 12-12-12 by any of the major traditions beyond what the rest of you have for it which is "Oh look, it's 12-12-12. Cool." Many have chosen to to do works on that day but it is in no way largely thought of as a "holy" day for any major groups. This guy was either acting alone or acting on behalf of a twisted and fairly obscure group.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
When we mutilate the genitals of baby boys christians cheer that their doing gods work....

When a man mutilates that same sons back for god its illegal?

Wheres the tea party when you need them?

/sarcasm

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
But to clarify to any who might think that his beliefs are important and want to be able to label him as something, I can say that there aren't any observances of 12-12-12 by any of the major traditions beyond what the rest of you have for it which is "Oh look, it's 12-12-12. Cool." Many have chosen to to do works on that day but it is in no way largely thought of as a "holy" day for any major groups. This guy was either acting alone or acting on behalf of a twisted and fairly obscure group.

Yeah, I know a few people that said they took the opportunity to tap into the 'feeling' around that date, and will next weekend too but, if they had to, they'd describe themselves as chaos magic(k)ians rather than anything else.

I think it's unlikely he was working within a group, to be honest.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
This man is mentally ill,maybe its good thing that it was revealed in this drastic fashion,before he actually killed the poor child in some lunatic human sacrifice,that in his sick mind was a kindly fatherly thing to do.I have a 6yr old son,and i hate that the poor child had to suffer pain and disfigurement like this-but the attention this brought from relevant authorities may have indeed saved his very life.I wonder,where's the mother in all this? My husband had to try this with our son-my kid would have ended up with a dad fighting for his life in the ICU,but an UNscarred back,i'll tell you that much.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join