It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAther carves pentagram in sons back to mark 12/12/12

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

A Texas man marked 12-12-12 by carving a pentagram into the back of his 6-year-old son, telling police that he did it because "it's a holy day," authorities said. Police tell MyFoxAustin.com that Richmond Hills resident Brent Troy Bartel called 911 just after midnight Wednesday and told a dispatcher he "shed some innocent blood." When asked to clarify, he reportedly said, "I inscribed a pentagram on my son." Bartel, 39, faces charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He's jailed in lieu of $500,000 bond. Officers in the Fort Worth suburb say they arrived and found that most of the child's back was covered with a large pentagram. Richland Hills police also recovered a box cutter they believe was the weapon used to cut the boy. The child was taken to a hospital. His condition was not immediately released. It's unclear what Bartel meant about the day or why he used a pentagram, a five-sided star that's a symbol for many pagan groups. Wednesday's date is 12-12-12, a once-in-a-century event

click

this is sick.

I dont have much to say on the topic. People take this garbage way to seriously. How does one simply carve up a six year old, let alone their own six year old.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Someone ought to carve an uppercut into this guy's throat.

Hope his son is ok, hope he has some family that can take care of him.. He needs to get away from his horrible, sick father.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
A Pentacle or a Pentagram? They just said "pentagram, a five-sided star that's a symbol for many pagan groups".

Why must the FOX be so vague?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mythfury
A Pentacle or a Pentagram? They just said "pentagram, a five-sided star that's a symbol for many pagan groups".

***Missing the point***

Can't imagine what it will be like having other kids ask what happened to his back his entire childhood and in to adulthood. That's abuse that will be thrown back in his face everytime he takes his shirt off.

What a sick individual
edit on 13-12-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

I take it the child has been removed from his care? I would like to think something good has come from this.......

Not so sure we can blame the fact it is around 12/12 either. Some people are just sick and need help, no other reasons needed.

link   

Originally posted by Mythfury

The father stated that he cut a pentagram on the back of his son. I imagine he was at least trying to draw one, whether or not he was mentally capable of drawing one is not clear at this point bc obviously this man has problems with his brain

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

I take it the child has been removed from his care? I would like to think something good has come from this.......

Not so sure we can blame the fact it is around 12/12 either. Some people are just sick and need help, no other reasons needed.

The man is in jail so I imagine the revoking of his right to see his child wont be too far away. The man said it was a holy day (12-12-12) but didnt mention whether it was in relation to 12/21/12.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythfury

Why the heck would it even matter? A sick jackwipe carved up a small child with a freaking boxcutter! His own child! It doesn't matter if he was carving Daffy Duck on the kid's back, this sucker needs to go DOWN!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
And people get confused when some of the members on here debunk or point out stupid cultish doom threads. There is a reason for that...

I'm sure this nutbar would have done something without the 2012 doom online, but it seems to only encourage these idiots.
edit on 13-12-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

The man is in jail so I imagine the revoking of his right to see his child wont be too far away. The man said it was a holy day (12-12-12) but didnt mention whether it was in relation to 12/21/12.

It was on some stupid belief, does it matter which one.

Wasn't it just yesterday a thread was posted 12/12/12 = 6/6/6?

People will try to find something in everything...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
What is with all these sick individuals lately?
I really hope this fellow gets hurt, really bad.
There is just no excuse for hurting children. NONE!

And I do think it is sad that the media stated pentagram, for pagans. It's like they are intentionally trying to make this look like pagans are bad.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Wooo, someone is cray-cray. Thank goodness that boy is away from him. Who knows what other horrid things he might do?

I'm sure we are just going to see even crazier stories once the 21st rolls around.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
What is with all these sick individuals lately?
I really hope this fellow gets hurt, really bad.
There is just no excuse for hurting children. NONE!

And I do think it is sad that the media stated pentagram, for pagans. It's like they are intentionally trying to make this look like pagans are bad.

the police reported that is what he stated

Brent Troy Bartel called 911 just after midnight Wednesday and told a dispatcher he "shed some innocent blood." When asked to clarify, he reportedly said, "I inscribed a pentagram on my son."

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Father is a bit of a dick. I dunno, surely getting yourself a cheap 12/12/12 tattoo on your own stupid arse forehead would suffice to mark the occasion.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

That's the thing. I honestly think that when someone gets to the stage that they think carving anything onto their child is a good idea then they are too far gone - they do not really understand what they are doing. So wishing him harm is kind of self defeating - in his mind, he probably thought he was doing the child a favour.

It is frightening to think how fragile we actually are and how simple it is to be "tipped into crazy".

link   

Originally posted by boncho

It was on some stupid belief, does it matter which one.

Wasn't it just yesterday a thread was posted 12/12/12 = 6/6/6?

People will try to find something in everything...

Yes they will and they dont even realize how stupid they sound to the rest of us

link   
Another example of why I couldn't be a cop. I would hurt this guy. Badly.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

It's unclear what Bartel meant about the day or why he used a pentagram, a five-sided star that's a symbol for many pagan groups. Wednesday's date is 12-12-12, a once-in-a-century event

I believe this part is the media, and it's wrong. Pentacle is used by pagans, pentagram, mostly in Satan worship.

@ Flavian:
I know, but it is just so frustrating, that here in the US, he probably won't get much jail time for this, especially if he is found crazy. That poor boy may have to live with that for the rest of his life, or endure what I image would be very painful surgeries to remove it.
edit on 13-12-2012 by chiefsmom because: sp

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I totally understand and i do agree with you, to be honest. At the same time though, to do that means serious mental issues and i wouldn't wish that on anyone. It is just so sad all round.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
That is f-in metal. Like... straight up nordic black metal. My favorite part is the mention of 12/12/12 being a once-in-a-century event. Isn't it fairly safe to assume that any date, when rounding the year to the hundredth, is once every hundred years? Furthermore, if they're not talking about the number 12 in particular, but rather just the triple number pattern, then wouldn't it be a dozen in a century?

In conclusion, people are all insane. A really old friend of mine recently told me he defines insanity as forgetting everyone else is insane. I find myself agreeing more and more with each passing day.

Hail Satan?

<<   2 >>

join