It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody got any Kool-Aid to wash down these cookies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Greetings from GoldenBrain71,

I am a long time lurker and very excited to be a member of this fantastic community. It took a while to work up the nerve but I am here now and looking forward to contributing to ATS in a meaningful way.

In case some of you are wondering about my profile name, GoldenBrain71 refers to my balanced brain hemispheres, meaning I am neither right nor left brained but use both with equal measure. 71 is the year I was born.

As far as what exactly makes me tick, well thats pretty complicated but I will offer up some nuggets if nothing else but to keep the masses entertained. I enjoy a good conspiracy theory, astronomy, esoteric spiritual type discussions, history, nearly anything involving outdoor activities such as climbing, hiking, biking...etc, martial arts (30 years of study in multiple systems), working the land of my little 16 acre farm...etc. The rest shall be revealed as time marches on...

I would also like to say thank you to all of the members for entertaining and in many ways educating me over the last few years. I use many news and information aggregates on the web but I have to say that ATS is often my first stop of the day. The majority of the time it seems that breaking news posted here beats the mainstream news sources by hours and sometimes days, if they even break the story in the first place so GREAT JOB everybody, keep up the great work, and thanks again!!!

GB

edit on 13-12-2012 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
At last... someone actually spelled "Kool-Aid" right.

Welcome aboard!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenBrain71

The majority of the time it seems that breaking news posted here beats the mainstream news sources by hours and sometimes days

True True !!

Nice intro. Welcome to ATS !

Have Fun !!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I've been asking for KFC for ages ... With no response ...

So till I don't get my KFC ... You can't get your Kool-Aid.

By the way ... Welcome to ATS ... Just a few days before the World ends

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Welcome, enjoy your stay

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

Thank you for the warm welcome!

My wonderful wife who is also a grammar hitler has mostly retrained me so I write pretty well now. Also, I retired an IT analyst for a fortune 50 company, responsible for writing and editing many help documents for the department, so this helps.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Good morning and welcome!

Please keep your arms and hands inside the ride at all times, and do not remove your seat belt until the ride has come to a complete stop. Thank you for your patronage!

reply to post by faryjay

I agree completely.There will be no Kool-Aid until we have been provided with an unlimited supply of KFC!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

We held a séance and the Colonel approved your request for some KFC, be sure to order the Family Meal Deal, lot of hungry people in this thread ...

Welcome to the Happy Home GoldenBrain71, with trees and flowers and chirping birds ...

Maybe we can get faryjay to whip us up some Kool-Aid while we wait on the KFC delivery

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

Thanks all for the quick replies and warm welcome!

And, faryjay, if you can get me some Kool-Aid to wash down these dry cookies then I promise to share my KFC with you.

GB
edit on 13-12-2012 by GoldenBrain71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I'm a little disappointed that I missed the seance since I have never attended one but I am happy the ruling was in our favor. Kool-Aid for everybody!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Welcome . I'm new here myself but like you a long time lurker . And you are very right , I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've read something on ATS and not even believe it , only to have it pop up on mainstream media some time over the next week .

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics
Terms & Conditions Of Use (The complete and end all guide to our policies)
Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Thank you very much JohnnyAnonymous! I'm sure the links you provided will be of great benefit to me as I learn how to be a contributing member of this fine forum.

GB

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
welcome to the party

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hello and welcome. I to had many many cookies when I first joined. And also Merry Christmas, if that's what you celebrate.

Hi NightStar!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Thanks littled16!

It's been a great ride so far.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Thanks DirtyDonkey!

I think y'all throw a decent party here at ATS. Just keep the cookie jar topped off and the Kool-Aid jug full.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Hi Night Star!

I love your avatar...she's such a pretty elfin lady. In fact, now that I'm a member and can view everybody's avatars I am finding all sorts of cool artwork.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

HI op, nice to have you here, has Destinyone said hello yet? she usually gets here before me, shes probably still milking her goats, or making you a plate of cookies for your arrival.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join