It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What religion or faith would you choose?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
If you had to pick a faith or religion which one would you choose and why?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Does starting my own cult count?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by meggiddo2012

If I had to pick a man made religion it would be Hinduism they have the best storys, art and they have a monkey god

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, as well as other religious and metaphysical claims—are unknown and (so far as can be judged) unknowable. Agnosticism can be defined in various ways, and is sometimes used to indicate doubt or a skeptical approach to questions. In some senses, agnosticism is a stance about the difference between belief and knowledge, rather than about any specific claim or belief. In the popular sense, an agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in the existence of a deity or deities, whereas a theist and an atheist believe and disbelieve, respectively. In the strict sense, however, agnosticism is the view that humanity does not currently possess the requisite knowledge and/or reason to provide sufficient rational grounds to justify the belief that deities either do or do not exist.

edit on 13-12-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
But Noobism is the fastest growing Religion known to man ever.
They reckon by the year 2023 92% of all people will be a Noobist.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

This video describes my thoughts on religion ...

I have faith in "love"!

This video below... got over a million views within the first week. Its now up to over 23 million. You will see why when you watch it.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 13-12-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

If I had to pick a man made religion it would be Hinduism they have the best storys, art and they have a monkey god

en.wikipedia.org...

They have a caste system, four classes. The caste system is a system of division of labour and power - much like what we have over here but much greater. read up on it buddy, it isnt great.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I know but I just like the storys thats all and I had to pick one.
As you know I do not like any Religion.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Great video, more people should watch that.
Just to point out Jesus was a decent guy it is just that people have used his message and misunderstood it.
He was very anti religion.
edit on 13-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
OP:
If you had to choose a way to part with your fictional god, which one would it be, and why ?
As a matter of fact, I am not really interested. Bored people should find entertaining jobs instead of trying to push their agendas by using cheap trick questions.
And my answer to yours is "none", simply because to me, pacifiers and bedtime stories are - for a long time now - a thing of the past.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
My Order would be...(if i was not Agnostic Atheist)

Disclaimer: The following is religion, not its people, that's their own choice what they want to believe.

1,2) Hinduism / Buddhism
3) Jainism
4) Sikhism
5) Zoroastrianism
6) Shinto

*after a long gap*

7) Christianity
8,9) Judaism / Islam

The further you go down on the list, the stronger the indoctrination gets and free thinking is destroyed.

I think the first 5 has same roots. Heck even Shinto is close to Buddhism.

Eastern Religion > Western/Middle East Religion imo.

edit on 12/13/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Oh I forgot about Taoism, it is where George Lucus got the force from.
So it would be Jedi as my religion just do not ask me light or dark side

www.scifidimensions.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by MamaJ

Great video, more people should watch that.
Just to point out Jesus was a decent guy it is just that people have used his message and misunderstood it.
He was very anti religion.

Thanks.... I love it too!!!

I wish every person would watch it..... and lets end religion.

He (Jesus) was indeed very anti-religion/religious, Too bad people do not get this point. Its vital!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Oh you so biased
!!

Here... Epic Awesomeness!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Where did you get the picture of my Father?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, tied for first. This includes some Gnostic texts narrated by Jesus because they resemble Buddhism and Hinduism more than modern Christianity. Animism and Shamanism (the beginnings of religion and spirituality) are up there as well.

Also a pantheist, but that's not really a religion or a faith, just a personal experience based on the above.

The beauty of Buddhism is that it has elements of Hinduism and elements of Secular Humanism, and in the case of Mahayana and other more Eastern schools, elements of Taoism. It's by nature mystical as well, as it's purpose is direct experience. Not only that... but it doesn't have a problem growing with humanity: "If science proves some belief of Buddhism wrong, then Buddhism will have to change."

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I think kids growing up in Hinduism probably had cool stories about different gods, elephant, monkey, animals, super humans, flying, epic wars..... instead of the YOU WILL DIE IN HELLFIRE!~!!!!

If you look into the Astra (epic weapons) used in Ramayana and Mahabharatha, its crazy.

Astra(weapons)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Look action figures!!!

www.actionfigureinsider.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
How do you know if you are an agnostic, dyslexic, insomniac?

You lay awake all night wondering if there really is a doG.

Still don't know which religion you should follow. Maybe this will help.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by trisvonbis

I am sorry you feel the way you do but I made this post without an agenda just basic conversation because of all the negativity, criticism, anti semitism, racism I thought it would be nice to put something on here that is actually positive.

new topics

top topics

join