learn more

US dollar falls after Federal Reserve's announcement

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

You're 100% right about the reserve requirements for cash on hand. Thats basic law and definitely what they have to do.

Many Western countries avoid changing reserve requirements, since it could cause an immediate liquidity problem or banks with low excess reserves. Instead, these countries utilize open market operations, such as quantitative easing, to implement their monetary policy. The reserve ratio in the U.S. has been set at 10% for transactional deposits and 0% on time deposits.

The use of reserve ratios in monetary policy is instead most common in emerging markets. Countries like China have used reserve requirements as a way to combat inflation by raising them for its banks and reducing the available money supply. In fact, the country used the strategy extensively throughout the global economic decline in 2007 and 2010.

For example, a bank with $10 million in deposits must hold $1 million in reserves, if the bank reserve ratio is 10%. This means that only $9 million is available to be lent out in the form of bank loans. Lowering the bank reserve ratio therefore increases the amount of money available to be loaned in the banking system and vice versa for an increase in the bank reserve ratio.
Source

The source isn't one I use for anything controversial or debatable...but like you've noted, this is basic U.S. economic policy and regulatory requirements.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
People just look at the post with all the banks that the QEs are protecting trust me we all should be in a panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The total derivative or toxic assets is two times three times and even four times the total bank assets

Most of this banks or investments firm are the ones that controls the investments, retirement accounts and pensions of Americas workers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all should be running in panic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This are the same banks that created or help create the Market crash of 2008 that has spread globally.
edit on 13-12-2012 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

It seems the whole fiasco is created by investment banks who leverage many times more what they have.

Did this not come about by that filthy scumbag reagan with leveraged buyouts, market deregulation and star wars? God curse his dead soul, even though it is rude to beat a dead horse into oblivion.

I saw your chart and the unfathomable derivatives...absolute proof that the global economy is rigged to self-destruct. The measures taken by all the administrations thus far are not even band-aids, let alone serious solutions.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Exactly after looking at the numbers and thinking that is not only with the US banks but global banks we know that the whole world economy is nothing but a big scam right now, the so call QEs that has been adopted by all global banks linked to the US economy are in the same mess as the US is.

Big question is how long can the world banks and US can take before collapsing.

Why are the banks holding to toxic assets? maybe because they know that they can erase their own debt with the push of a button

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

With all due respect the Bank of International Settlements is the global governing body of all the individual central banks and investment banks, not the commercial banks. That means only the big banks can leverage so highely and probably on purpose with the initial mindset of eventually destroying the global economy on purpose.

1% to 3% capital requirement is preposterously insane regardless which way we look at it.

The central banks are private and when people talk about the bankers it should be taken for granted they mean central bank or investment banks. Commercial banks are different, at least I think so.

The banking cabal is said to have its roots in masonry, the highest masons are called the illuminati, and all is based on the knight templars who were hell bent on stealing christian rellics from jerusalem from the muslims. It is probably for this reason that masons STILL support israel and loathe(or pretend to loathe) muslims. Right wingers mistakengly offer their unconditional support to the illuminati to start ww3. The relics stored in solomons temple were never found.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I did the math on the half life of QE 1,2,3, and now for 4. By July 15th 2013 we will be on QE12. On July 16th we will be on QE13.

We have 7 months.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Too bad I did not pay more attention to calculus when I was getting my associates degree.

Derivatives based on leveraging are to blame? I remember derivatives and limits but failed calculus, eventhough I was good in algebra and ok with geometry and trigonometry.

Not that it would make any difference knowing exactly how we are being robbed.

I would rather focus on globalisation which is just as real and more obvious, yet few talk about as though it is not a problem. I remember a decade ago with ross perot running as president protectionism was a hot topic and thousands used to storm the WTO meetings. Unfortunately the bottom feeders(mistakingly called elite) got their way.

Capitalism itself is the disease and the bankers are the symptom. The millionares through their greed are covering up the billionares, and the bilionares are covering up the trillionares. It is a scratch my back and I scratch yours deal.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I got the feeling that we may face the next collapse next year after all the tax implementation on the middle class begins with the Obamacare, people are discovering now that is going to get a lot more worse and will not be a light at the end of the economic tunnel at all.

The QEs in the US are the highest, but then again the Fed thinks that having their printing machine in the treasury makes everything peachy.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by longlostbrother

i would disagree with that statement. since no one has any money to purchase goods or hire workers, the money supply is way to low.

there is not enough money to sustain 300,000,000 people, plus the rest of the world that uses the u.s. dollar.

think about, not only are americans fighting for the same buck, so is every other country around the globe that uses the u.s. dollar as hard currency.

it should be a crime to use the u.s. dollar if you are not in america.

the american dollar should only be legal when used in america. so if a foreign country wants to buy oil from saudi arabia, it should use it's own currency, not american hard currency that should be used by americans for americans.

if all american currency is recalled back to u.s. soil, or legally required to be kept in american banks located on american soil, you'd see the national debt wiped out in seconds and cash falling like manna from heaven.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If most money (USD) is just numbers in a computer these days, why not just substantially increase the actual ammount of money, and pay off the debts. Additionally, declare an emergency UN mandate that expressedly says that for the next 24 hours, all goods and services cannot be adjusted for inflation.

The World Bank, IMF and Federal Reserve all control how much money is out there. This "super inflation plan" could be done over night and the balances on total America dollars could be reset by morning, with assurances that product and service prices would remain locked/fixed.

It would be like, "WTF happened? Where'd the debt go?"

And to the people who are owed, they would get paid from the incease in the money supply -- and then in the morning the supply is reduced back to lower levels. They got paid, and their money is still worth the same.

I mean, it's not real money anway at those high of levels. Really rich people don't even use money. If Rupert Murdoc wants a Rolls Royce, they give him one. If Bill Gates wants a hellicopter, they give him one. In return these powerful men do favors for those companies.

Poor people don't use money either. They just jack stuff and trade it around for other stuff.

Only the people in the middle classes chase money around like rabid dogs until the day they die.

This whole thing seems really stupid to me, like some kind of big video game where the variables can be manipulated at any time by the programmers, but won't be. No -- they'd rather reduce 90% of the world population to utter poverty.
edit on 13-12-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

You must be joking.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Exactly. It is a liquidity problem and the QE is going to business to offshore their operations at the tax payers expense. It is highely questionable if the money is being repaid back to the government and if the government is even keeping private shares as collateral. I wish they would keep private shares as collateral so that if business does not repay their loans then they would be nationalised or auctioned off to the highest bidder. I prefer they get auctioned off....much like homes!

Small or medium business going and asking for a bailout would be met with "are you kidding me, you are not too big to fail" reply. The crazy double standards we face.

Too much money has left america and is not circulating. This creates a money shortage or a shrinked money supply which theoretically should mean deflation, certainly not inflation. There is no inflation to be seen for hundreds of miles. Deflation means lower prices and a shrinking economy which nearly translates in to our perpetual recession. Another problem we are seeing is people expect the economy to keep growing when it has already grown enough.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
reply to post by Maxmars

With all due respect the Bank of International Settlements is the global governing body of all the individual central banks and investment banks, not the commercial banks. That means only the big banks can leverage so highely and probably on purpose with the initial mindset of eventually destroying the global economy on purpose.

1% to 3% capital requirement is preposterously insane regardless which way we look at it.

The central banks are private and when people talk about the bankers it should be taken for granted they mean central bank or investment banks. Commercial banks are different, at least I think so.

The banking cabal is said to have its roots in masonry, the highest masons are called the illuminati, and all is based on the knight templars who were hell bent on stealing christian rellics from jerusalem from the muslims. It is probably for this reason that masons STILL support israel and loathe(or pretend to loathe) muslims. Right wingers mistakengly offer their unconditional support to the illuminati to start ww3. The relics stored in solomons temple were never found.

Your clarification is well met.

I am not familiar with the laws of other countries, but in the US all banks MUST be part of the Federal Reserve System as legislated by Congress; once under that system, each bank commercial or otherwise becomes equally "of use" to the central banking scheme....

However I must agree...

You are correct in that many people fail to understand their is a tremendous difference between assuming all "banks" and "bankers" are scamming us; and the 'banking system' is designed and managed to scam us - I hold to the latter.

Personally I know better than to attribute blame to the concept of banking (which could and should work; ) and blaming those 'usurious cabals of elites' who have all the moral restraint of an opportunistic infection, and a magnitude of self-entitlement to rival the gods.

Frankly, any corporate institution which is said to exist at the behest of the government, is supposed to work with the government, and should be in a cooperative stance with them... but refuses to divulge their vital statistics... even down to 'who' is the board; starts off as suspect in my book.

Honorable intentions have no need of secrecy; and 'privacy from scrutiny' is for humans... not social constructs like institutions and corporations.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by KoolerKing

You must be joking.

one can only hope

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Okay, I tried to show the way to seeing the big picture but without exception all who have responded to this thread have shown themselves neck deep a product of this false paradigm.

Dollars will not matter, ownership is all that matters; ownership of land and resources that have been secured behind a mountain of laws and bureaucracy, backed by the military. The Elites have been expanding and imploding, expanding and imploding, and each time gathering the ownership and control by incorporating others into their structure but no ownership.

But relax, they are all mortal; Solomon said it best, All is vanity; what was high, will be brought low...as for you and I, take pleasure in the fruits of your labor, dance while you can.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorKarma
Okay, I tried to show the way to seeing the big picture but without exception all who have responded to this thread have shown themselves neck deep a product of this false paradigm.

Dollars will not matter, ownership is all that matters; ownership of land and resources that have been secured behind a mountain of laws and bureaucracy, backed by the military. The Elites have been expanding and imploding, expanding and imploding, and each time gathering the ownership and control by incorporating others into their structure but no ownership.

But relax, they are all mortal; Solomon said it best, All is vanity; what was high, will be brought low...as for you and I, take pleasure in the fruits of your labor, dance while you can.

Of course dollars don't matter. They are not real. "Real estate" is real, water is real, food is real, ore is real.

But because our government has agreed to pretend that the banks reserve notes are real... they allowed them to 'legally' take ownership. However there is a difference between owning something on paper - and 'really' owning it.

It's not ownership that determines control... it's the ability to destroy a thing, that gives one control of it. Ownership is just a social convention, a convenient means to transfer or assume the benefits (or "wealth") of another.

The "number of angels on a pinhead" philosophy angle does not translate to freedom from oppression.

We must first understand the nature of the opposing view before we can defeat it. Right now, most people believe that deficits, debt ceilings and monetization are 'reality.' They are not... they are the "banks" reality. And our government is dedicated to the perpetuation of that 'mechanism' of control... the idea that we simply MUST have a central bank that owns all the money and we should pay them to use it.

Constitutional currency is the first step to resolving this..... and it will be horribly painful for many.... because the banks will do EXACTLY what they have done before... when one country wakes up and shrugs their dominion from their ranks... that country is subject to economic sabotage, political attacks, and often military conflict. It's what they have done (and even admitted doing) ... they will use depression, and inflation to "force" governments to support them.... sadly our wastes of political leaders have mostly conformed..... except the one's that were assassinated - or were otherwise destroyed.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Lets hyper inflate our currency over night (add 10's of trillions of it into the supply) .... give it to the US Gov to pay off debts, and then deflate the currency just as fast. All of this could be done in less than 24 hours, given the fact that computers are used now and real physical bank notes don't need to be moved.

BOOM!

I'm sure it's much more complex than that, however.

ETA: No one actually really "owns" anything. Even if you have paid off your mortgage, if you fail to pay property tax or some other debt -- you can loose what you own.
edit on 13-12-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Of course people own things. Its a matter of what one will do to keep what they own.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

how am i joking. do you know how many u.s. dollars are out of the control of america, being used as a global currency out of the reach of every worker and business in america.

it has to be trillions.

don't you think your own currency should be kept in america. if a foreigner wants to buy something, he could exchange his national currency for american dollars and buy american products.

the reverse is true, if an american or an american corporation wants to purchase anything, they convert american money into the currency of the country they are purchasing from and buy it.

keeping the greenback in the u.s.

it should only be legal to use when buying from an american company or an american citizen.

i don't think china hoarding billions of american dollars and using it to buy oil when it could be in the american economy i.e. you, is a good thing.

there are literally trillions of american dollars in the hands of foreign governments, banks, dictators and private citizens benefiting no one other than themselves, their economy, their citizens and their businesses.

meanwhile everybody else in america is fighting for the scraps and the more the u.s. government pumps into the economy the more it gets siphoned off by foreign entities.

the american economy has a leak the size of the grand canyon.

you want the greatest stimulus package in the history of mankind, everybody not american or in america has to convert their american cash into the currency they are located in and turn in every single american dollar back to the u.s.

edit on 13-12-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Actually, for what its worth? Yeah.. I do know how many dollars are out there. The Federal Reserve Bank system is good for one thing. They do keep track of their own assets....that is...cash. They keep meticulous control of it.

Here are the M- (Money circulation numbers) 1-3 up to 2002.

Fed Bank of St. Louis Money Circulation Reports W/ Historic Detail
(It's PDF)

Or the more current M1 and M2 numbers...

Fed M1/M2 Circulation to 2012

They keep almost obsessive statistics on all of it. One may be really surprised at the level of detail it's tracked.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

Purchasing assets or longer maturity bonds than only short term goverment bonds.....but who owns these maturity assets..and is this where the real money is because some one obviously has to pay in the long run......forgive me I am ignorant on these matters.... but I still sence something scetchy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join