It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want enlightenment? Here it is!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brown Bear

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by arpgme

When the truth is known, the questions stop, the seeking stops.
The seeker is no more.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Who/what is the source of your quote?

I speak from experience.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
reply to post by arpgme

It's more of a spiral than a circle. You dont just come full circle you are on another level. A higher level of knowledge. Initiated.

You can't do it alone. That is to say, the ego-self can't do it alone. It needs help from other parts of the psyche.

edit on 13-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

You're tossing out a lot of words here so difficult to respond unless you further refine them.

If there is such a thing as the "ego-self" as you state then it must be the part that needs to be killed off?

"You can't do it alone?" What other parts of the "psyche" can one look toward for "help?"

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

When the truth is known, the questions stop, the seeking stops.
The seeker is no more.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Who/what is the source of your quote?

I speak from experience.

The reason I ask is because I've seen it many times before and your version is not complete, nor informative.... and we all would like to hear more about your experience.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Brown Bear

The seeker seeks that which will complete itself. When it is realized that there is only 'this' that is here now there is nothing left to seek. The dream collapses, the seeker (which is just an idea of a person in time seeking to complete/fulfil itself) is no more.
It is complete here and now as this.
This is wholeness. This is being all there is.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I apologize... but having some trouble understanding your OP. What exactly are you trying to say?

Now that you've pronounced everyone "Enlightened" including yourself can you tell us a little about your processes and your Journey toward eating the eye?

In other words, it's that ez, huh? Or are you just babbling for attention? Based on your own testimony you appear somewhat short of the Enlightenment Load.

Please prove me wrong.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

If there is such a thing as the "ego-self" as you state then it must be the part that needs to be killed off?

Only insofar as it is then resurrected. People who fear ego-death tend to overlook that part.

"You can't do it alone?" What other parts of the "psyche" can one look toward for "help?"

Non-ego parts. Y' know, the 'parts' that the ego-self has been interacting with since the dawn of time. Different cultures concieve of them, model them, in different ways. Nowadays we modern folk with our fancy space travel and shiny technology like to concieve of 'them' as aliens.

edit on 14-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

The seeker seeks that which will complete itself. When it is realized that there is only 'this' that is here now there is nothing left to seek. The dream collapses, the seeker (which is just an idea of a person in time seeking to complete/fulfil itself) is no more.
It is complete here and now as this.
This is wholeness. This is being all there is.

Perhaps the Seeker searches for Truth... Divine Wisdom. But realizing something intellectually is a far cry from the experience of it. It seems as if the dream must collapse long before the Seeker realizes the goal of Enlightenment, or Self knowledge.

Please tell us about your experiences and Enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

Only insofar as it is then resurrected. People who fear ego-death tend to overlook that part.

Non-ego parts. Y' know, the 'parts' that the ego-self has been interacting with since the dawn of time. Different cultures concieve of them, model them, in different ways. Nowadays we modern folk with our fancy space travel and shiny technology like to concieve of 'them' as aliens.

edit on 14-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

A resurrected Ego-Self? One does not normally see those two concepts connected. Resurrected?

Alien? Perhaps the words you're seeking are: Archetypes, Spirit, and Soul.

Please, give us the benefit of your experiences toward consciousness and with Enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Perhaps the Seeker searches for Truth... Divine Wisdom. But realizing something intellectually is a far cry from the experience of it. It seems as if the dream must collapse long before the Seeker realizes the goal of Enlightenment, or Self knowledge.

How far do you need to go to find yourself?
Behind all that is appearing presently, you are what is seeing and hearing, all that appears. This is often overlooked because what is truly seeing is not seen.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ralphy
Any concept of calmness, enlightenment, peace, being aware of being aware, and etc. all come from the brain. Awareness would be nothing without something to see or something to reflect back at it. To think we are are just consciousness or awareness doesn't take into account energy, which makes all of life happen and makes it possible to have an experience.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

Energy IS consciousness. The varying densities of matter or form, are manifested by consciousness. The matrix, or Maya, is also created by consciousness.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

How far do you need to go to find yourself?
Behind all that is appearing presently, you are what is seeing and hearing, all that appears. This is often overlooked because what is truly seeing is not seen.

Perhaps your Self is exactly where you left it when you began your Human experience. The journey back can be time consuming for most. What or who is seeing. hearing, appears?

If you had eyes that see what would be seen. If you had ears that hear, what is heard?

And in which realm(s)? Just curious.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Perhaps your Self is exactly where you left it when you began your Human experience. What or who
is seeing. hearing, appears? If you had eyes to see what would you see. If you had ears that hear, what is heard?

And in which realm?

Whatever is appearing presently is all there is to see and hear, so see and hear it.
The true self is all seeing, all hearing and always present but is rarely noticed because it cannot be seen, it cannot be heard, it is not obvious - until it is.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Perhaps your Self is exactly where you left it when you began your Human experience. What or who
is seeing. hearing, appears? If you had eyes to see what would you see. If you had ears that hear, what is heard?

And in which realm?

Whatever is appearing presently is all there is to see and hear, so see and hear it.
The true self is all seeing, all hearing and always present but is rarely noticed because it cannot be seen, it cannot be heard, it is not obvious - until it is.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Perhaps it would be helpful if you provided your definition of the nature of the Self as compared to your use of the Ego and the Ego-self terms?

When the Self looks into a mirror what does it see?

I'm most curious about your statement: "When the truth is known, the questions stop, the seeking stops, the seeker is no more...." and since you speak from "experience" begs the question: "what comes or happens in the life which follows Enlightenment.

What is it that the Seeker sought and found? And what next?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I'm most curious about your statement: "When the truth is known, the questions stop, the seeking stops, the seeker is no more...." and since you speak from "experience" begs the question: "what comes or happens in the life which follows Enlightenment.

What is it that the Seeker sought and found? And what next?

Life is just happening and the happening continues to happen but without question. Questions only arise when there is confusion. If there is no confusion then there will be no questions. Confusion only happens because there is a belief that there is something else - i know there is nothing 'else', so i am no longer confused. I no longer seek because i know that everything there is is here now, moving in presence.

The seeker seeks to complete itself, when it finds itself - it is complete.
You ask 'what's next?' - this question can only be asked by the seeker because he still feels incomplete, he needs a 'next'. He believes 'in time' he will find himself - so looks in time.

Just sit with the idea that there is no 'next' and no 'before'.

I will offer this video:
youtu.be...
edit on 15-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

This thread is going nowhere. But there was a time not so long ago when an OP like this would see quite a bit of action from people who actually knew what they were talking about.

But here we see something written by a 16 year old kid one joint over the line or perhaps off his meds when he should be taking them, or, awaiting diagnosis. Point being that he doesn't have a clue except to shoot his mouth off for attention.

Quickly followed by a few comments by his peers with equal shortcoming and reading through their stuff is not only boring but an insult to anyone who has spent even a day working on themselves. I doubt that delusional goes far enough as an explanation.

What a waste of time... too bad ATS has fallen so far... just far enough to promote the rush to the bottom by the present crop of Social Lemmings. Talk is cheap on ATS these days but not interesting to anyone with an education or a brain.

You kids always look really stupid when someone asks that you put up or shut-up and you've got nothing. It's obvious and only hidden from your ignorant peers.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Wow, you're a jerk, aren't you. I had a feeling you were. ATS is crawling with em.

Want enlightenment? Go and find a way to undergo ego-death. For starters.

Bye.

edit on 15-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

By saying "put up or shut up", you are saying that people should not have freedom of speech to be able to discuss ideas that interest them, which is what philosophy is about by the way; putting up perspectives, gaining feedback from others, and take the wisdom of their perspectives also. I never claimed to prove anything, only to explain this idea of "enlightenment" and what some people mean when they say enlightenment is the realization of no "I/me"

You don't have to agree, that is fine, but the way you used certain words, like saying it's like a 16 year old who forgot his medication, that gives the impression that you are in this thread just for the sake of provoking people and trying to get them to argue with you.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

You asked the questions and I answered them and you are dissatisfied. Why is that?
What is it that you really want?

edit on 15-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
It is a simple concept that has become so "mystified" and "addictive" to some people. Enlightenment is realizing the sense of unity around us, and that there is no "Me". "Me' does not exist. "I" is just a thought of the mind.

"I am not happy"

Who is this "I" that is not happy?

Are you the body? How can the body be happy or not? It is just functioning.

Are you the thought? How can the thought "I am not happy" be "happy" or "not" it is just a concept.

Are you the emotion? If you are, then who is this "I" experiencing this "unhappiness" (emotion)?

It is as simple as realizing that "I" is just a thought in the mind.

No angels coming down from heaven.

No seeing everything as light or performing miracles...

Just that...

If you realized this then you have been enlightened all along but got caught up in the "Mysticness" of all of it.

You are not the beating heart (body). You are AWARE of the beating heart, but imagine if you thought that you were controlling? You had to make it beat? You would cause your own sufering, the heart is naturally beating.

The next part is identifying, if there is no "I" and "I" is just a concept, then what is being aware of the thoughts of "I am this ..." and "I am that..."?

The answer?

Space... Emptiness... Silence... Calmness... Awareness... whichever word you prefer I'm sure you get it...

Congratulations you are enlightened.

Thinker is a thought. There is no you at all.
Once nonduality is experienced it can not be unexperienced.
Its the end of all questions.
Namaste

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Enlightenment is found when realising lifes a stage and we are actors. Beyond that a person will make up their own fantasies of mind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join