It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want enlightenment? Here it is!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It is a simple concept that has become so "mystified" and "addictive" to some people. Enlightenment is realizing the sense of unity around us, and that there is no "Me". "Me' does not exist. "I" is just a thought of the mind.

"I am not happy"

Who is this "I" that is not happy?

Are you the body? How can the body be happy or not? It is just functioning.

Are you the thought? How can the thought "I am not happy" be "happy" or "not" it is just a concept.

Are you the emotion? If you are, then who is this "I" experiencing this "unhappiness" (emotion)?

It is as simple as realizing that "I" is just a thought in the mind.

No angels coming down from heaven.

No seeing everything as light or performing miracles...

Just that...

If you realized this then you have been enlightened all along but got caught up in the "Mysticness" of all of it.

You are not the beating heart (body). You are AWARE of the beating heart, but imagine if you thought that you were controlling? You had to make it beat? You would cause your own sufering, the heart is naturally beating.

The next part is identifying, if there is no "I" and "I" is just a concept, then what is being aware of the thoughts of "I am this ..." and "I am that..."?

The answer?

Space... Emptiness... Silence... Calmness... Awareness... whichever word you prefer I'm sure you get it...

Congratulations you are enlightened.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
When Morpheus handed Neo the red pill, what would have happened if Neo had said "no thanks, I'll just sit here and realize that the Matrix is an illusion. Presto! Congrats to me, I'm now liberated from the Matrix."

Its mystical experience that leads to enlightenment, not a simple conscious effort to realize certain things. Just as it was the red pill that led to Thomas Anderson becoming Neo.

edit on 13-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

"I" and "happy" is description, an descriptive statement, you can't make calculations with it.
As both can describe different things you shouldn't derive from them

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

When the truth is known, the questions stop, the seeking stops.
The seeker is no more.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Have I ever been the seeker?

The mind always question, but it talks in the silence... the silence being aware of the mind...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Have I ever been the seeker?

The mind always question, but it talks in the silence... the silence being aware of the mind...

Every question asked is seeking.
Do you not ask any questions?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I am aware of the mind asking questions. Sometimes it asks, sometimes it has its opinions, but I know that these are thoughts arising in the silence.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I am aware of the mind asking questions. Sometimes it asks, sometimes it has its opinions, but I know that these are thoughts arising in the silence.

On another thread you asked:

What if a person cannot see or hear? How can they stay present without getting involved with the mind? What about a person in a vegetative state. Also, what happens when you dream?

If you not know the answer, then you are still seeking. And you still believe you are a 'person'.
You are still seeking answers to the questions asked by the mind.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

The mind is seeking the answers.
Honestly, sometimes I forget about the awareness/silence behind it...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

The mind is seeking the answers.
Honestly, sometimes I forget about the awareness/silence behind it...

That's why you need more than words. You need to take the red pill so you can go to the awareness/silence behind it. Then you never forget...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I used to think that Silence was the sound of one hand clapping.

Until I saw this video....

edit on 13/12/2012 by Theflyingweldsman because: Text vergessen

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

But if such an experience is not available, then it creates another "journey". A journey to run until you come full circle where you started only to realize that it's been there all along.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It's more of a spiral than a circle. You dont just come full circle you are on another level. A higher level of knowledge. Initiated.

You can't do it alone. That is to say, the ego-self can't do it alone. It needs help from other parts of the psyche.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

A journey to run until you come full circle where you started only to realize that it's been there all along.

This is true.

You won't find enlightenment in the matrix.

You just have to let go....Forget about it.

Watch the Wizard of oz....

edit on 13/12/2012 by Theflyingweldsman because: Quote

edit on 13/12/2012 by Theflyingweldsman because:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
You can't do it alone. That is to say, the ego-self can't do it alone. It needs help from other parts of the psyche.

But only the ego/self can go on a "journey". The self never moves. It is constant and unchanging aware of the thoughts and emotions arising in the mind.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Any concept of calmness, enlightenment, peace, being aware of being aware, and etc. all come from the brain. Awareness would be nothing without something to see or something to reflect back at it. To think we are are just consciousness or awareness doesn't take into account energy, which makes all of life happen and makes it possible to have an experience.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Originally posted by Ralphy
To think we are are just consciousness or awareness doesn't take into account energy, which makes all of life happen and makes it possible to have an experience.

If everything is energy then so is consciousness/awareness;
nothing is left out of the picture.

You are right "it" is "nothing" but at the same time "something"...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What if energy and consciousness existed together in duality, both dependent on each other to exist? I'm not saying this is how it really is but for all we know it could be.

To assume consciousness is energy would mean we would have to rewrite the definition of consciousness to not only be aware of something but also to control something as well. Energy is controlled by forces in a way that gives rise to experience of the physical realm.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by arpgme

When the truth is known, the questions stop, the seeking stops.
The seeker is no more.

Who/what is the source of your quote? Have seen many times before... can't recall specifically.

We have all been Enlightened many times before and thus it is merely a matter of Self remembering.

Much easier said than done... but the result is to return home and know the place for the first time (this lifetime).

edit on 14-12-2012 by Brown Bear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

What would have happend if Neo took both the red pill and the blue pill at the same time?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join