It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA has released its "I Told You So" video early.....Should I release mine early too?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
Definitely glitzier, spicier and more appealing than NASA's!

I didn't quite get the jist of the logic, and what infinity has to do with it, and how you disproved infinity and such ... but, I plan to watch it again.

I have a hearing issue and have always had a hard time hearing lyrics; so, I clicked "CC" so I could get the closed caption (uuuum, it wasn't there
) so ... if you do any work on the video after this, perhaps you could add closed captioning, at least for the lyrics.

I didn't think of that (adding Mitch Miller style lyrics) but maybe you're right. The logic is based on the fact that quantum physics eliminated the possibility of the true linear gradient, with the discovery of the quantum unit. That means that nothing can be infinitely small, and the gradient itself cannot be infinitely tapered. This means that a full 1/2 of the infinite gradient has been proven to not exist. Infinity is an absolute, which means that if you've proven a full 1/2 of it to not exist, then none of it can exist. This is laid out within the 2nd half of the "song" in a very efficient manner. The point was to prove that I'm able to work with logical inference, which will be important in future video lessons I have planned.

I love the rap and cool graphics and all the media elements you put into it! LOT of work there!

Thanks. I've been a songwriter since the mid-70s, and this was my first attempt at a spoken word piece. It's a lot harder that it seems like it should be. I have a new respect for rappers after this project.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
I couldn't stop thinking to myself: "SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!!!"

LOL, seriously though, I missed what "this notion" was? What's the notion that makes the big bang primordial or whatnot?

Infinity. Check it out again. The quotes are a clue.

The Big Bang can't provide our universe with infinite energy potential if infinity doesn't exist. Simple, really.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

2nd Edit: in fact, the completely erroneous YouTube closed captioning is soooooooooo far off - and many times hilariously out of whack!
Go check it out.
edit on 13/12/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

My God! I love what they've done with it!

"[hysteria]" - that caption was wonderful. In that opening video clip montage featuring the end of the world footage. That exactly what I was going for. Damn, I should've sent the entire script through Babelfish before recording it. It would've been perfect.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Uuuum - watch it ALL that way ... some things come out the opposite of what you intended; but, most is just plain hilarious and serendipitous!

I was thinking "darn bablefish" the whole way through - but, I didn't know you had actually used it.
That's one rotten translater!

I did experiments with translators in the late 90's and you take one sentence in one language, translate it to another and then take the NEW results and translate it to another and so on .... and you end up with some hilarious stuff that is NOTHING like the original.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

reply to post by NorEaster

Uuuum - watch it ALL that way ... some things come out the opposite of what you intended; but, most is just plain hilarious and serendipitous!

I was thinking "darn bablefish" the whole way through - but, I didn't know you had actually used it.
That's one rotten translater!

That's YouTube's closed caption software disaster doing its own thing. I didn't use Babelfish, but I wish I had used it to rewrite my script for reciting. It would've ended up being a lot more mysterious and cryptic. I mightve even started a religion with this video if I'd thought to use Babelfish as an editor. Damn.

It's too late now.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
If it's one thing you guys really know, it's YouTube. Toss a fellow ATSer a bone here.

Thanks.

aaaaahahahahahahahahahah. You, my friend, are a subtle comedic genius. Thanks for this. I was eagerly waiting for the youtube as source jab.
edit on 13-12-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

If it's one thing you guys really know, it's YouTube. Toss a fellow ATSer a bone here.

Thanks.

aaaaahahahahahahahahahah. You, my friend, are a subtle comedic genius. Thanks for this. I was eagerly waiting for the youtube as source jab.
edit on 13-12-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

Yep. YT video clip or it didn't happen.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If you're so confident, why release it early? It's like you're afraid the 22nd will never come around...
edit on 13-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I agree about the caption translators lmao - If someone actually NEEDS to use them they would be very very confused,..all of the time

Good Video

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Of course it's released now as they won't be able to do so on the 22nd

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It was a cool video. The visuals were interesting, and the music added lots of depth.

My only criticism is that using Planck's constant to disprove infinity seems flawed. I'm not sure if you really think that your argument lays out a self-evident truth or if it's just the rap style that demands a certain air of confidence, but it was a great piece of work nonetheless.

It was like left brain coming onto right brain's turf to lay the smack down

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Good effort with this video! It must have taken a lot of time to get everything together: the narration, the visuals, and the music as well. Your idea about Infinity being "debunked" by the evidence of Planck's "indivisible" constant is pretty interesting as a concept.

But the YouTube cc version is totally bonkers. I've never used it before, and now I wonder if everything YouTube "translates" is that off-the-wall.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
That video made me suspicious, you know the old saying “The man who strikes first admits that his ideas have given out.”

I also wondered two other things they say some of the dates on their calendar go back billions of years further than the big bang date we reckon....wow.

Also the main researcher in the video who has been studding Mayan work for 35 years is going to be at the Mayan ruins on Dec 21st. Does he know something we don't?, anyone else see that episode on ancient aliens where they speculate that at a certain point in time sun shines through a certain point geographically and opens a portal.

This guy has been waiting for 30 years the be back and the Mayan city....I kinda want to be there as well.

edit on 13-12-2012 by AsuspiciousMANappears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The more I thing about this, it might be meant to provoke a fear reaction as its so sketchy.

First of all if you wanted to release a video about the end of the world and were scared the world might actually end...well you would released the video early just in case you never get the chance to again. So they clicks in our mind creating a slight off sense about the real intention of the video.

Also the language they use is "IF you are watching this the world did not end yesterday Dec 21st"(apart from the fact that's just not true because I am watching it now) they also asked it with a question "IF".

Seems like this video was not really released by NASA. Or it was aimed at the dumb masses with basic reverse psychological.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'll say it---- ACADEMY AWARD!

Damn, that was good!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueSeraSera
Good effort with this video! It must have taken a lot of time to get everything together: the narration, the visuals, and the music as well. Your idea about Infinity being "debunked" by the evidence of Planck's "indivisible" constant is pretty interesting as a concept.

But the YouTube cc version is totally bonkers. I've never used it before, and now I wonder if everything YouTube "translates" is that off-the-wall.

I'd better take a look at that. Maybe I hit a setting that forces it to launch on its own. Its pretty fun though. I actually kind of like it. Better than kitty fight videos. Well, some kitty fight videos. Not all of them.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
I'll say it---- ACADEMY AWARD!

Damn, that was good!

Thank you. Thank you.

I want to thank the academy, and also my mom for dropping me on my head from age 2 to age 5.

Ma, you made the man I am today.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
If you're so confident, why release it early? It's like you're afraid the 22nd will never come around...
edit on 13-12-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

Those guys at NASA forced my hand. I know I shouldn't let stuff like that affect me, but I just have visions of everyone burning the entire subject out before the 22nd. That's okay. The 2nd half of the piece is good for any moment before or after the apocalypse.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears

This guy has been waiting for 30 years the be back and the Mayan city....I kinda want to be there as well.

edit on 13-12-2012 by AsuspiciousMANappears because: (no reason given)

The lines are probably forming already. I can't imagine that place being anything but a complete circus when the 21st rolls around. If you sell t-shirts, then yeah, you're going to want to be there.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

NASA Releases 'Told Ya So' Apocalypse Video Early

Damn, I've had my "I Told You So" video uploaded and set on "Private" for a couple weeks now, and I've been patiently waiting for Dec 22nd to arrive - as a normal respectful 2012 apocalypse dissenter might be expected to do with his "I Told You So" video. But then this. Now everyone's going to be uploading their crappy little "I Told You So" videos early, and I'm never going to get any hits on mine when the time actually comes to post.

So, what should I do?

My video's a lot cooler than NASA's. Mine is a complete and crafted performance that has cool footage and excellent JPEGs that corresponded to the script that I wrote and recite. Then, after I goof a little on the "I Told You So" I completely debunk the concept of infinity - using Quantum Physics - to prove that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to reality. I even wrote and arranged most of the backing tracks (rearranging the first part from some free tracks I found and completely writing and recording the second part myself) I even play all the guitars on the thing. The slide guitar is pretty cool, actually.

I spent months on this thing, and now I'm bummed because NASA probably just launched a YouTube meme that won't end until it burns everyone out on early release "I Told You So" video clips about the 2012 apocalypse. Then, who's going to care about an "I Told You So" video that comes out after the 21st? No one, that's who.

Help! Tell me if I should release my YouTube "I Told You So" video early. I worked hard on this baby, and I want to do the right thing by it and give it a chance at as many hits as it deserves.

Thanks.

I always thought Flag and star chasers were treated with disdain here on Above top skeptic errr secret..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join