Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

NASA has released its "I Told You So" video early.....Should I release mine early too?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
NASA Releases 'Told Ya So' Apocalypse Video Early

Damn, I've had my "I Told You So" video uploaded and set on "Private" for a couple weeks now, and I've been patiently waiting for Dec 22nd to arrive - as a normal respectful 2012 apocalypse dissenter might be expected to do with his "I Told You So" video. But then this. Now everyone's going to be uploading their crappy little "I Told You So" videos early, and I'm never going to get any hits on mine when the time actually comes to post.

So, what should I do?

My video's a lot cooler than NASA's. Mine is a complete and crafted performance that has cool footage and excellent JPEGs that corresponded to the script that I wrote and recite. Then, after I goof a little on the "I Told You So" I completely debunk the concept of infinity - using Quantum Physics - to prove that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to reality. I even wrote and arranged most of the backing tracks (rearranging the first part from some free tracks I found and completely writing and recording the second part myself) I even play all the guitars on the thing. The slide guitar is pretty cool, actually.

I spent months on this thing, and now I'm bummed because NASA probably just launched a YouTube meme that won't end until it burns everyone out on early release "I Told You So" video clips about the 2012 apocalypse. Then, who's going to care about an "I Told You So" video that comes out after the 21st? No one, that's who.

Help! Tell me if I should release my YouTube "I Told You So" video early. I worked hard on this baby, and I want to do the right thing by it and give it a chance at as many hits as it deserves.

If it's one thing you guys really know, it's YouTube. Toss a fellow ATSer a bone here.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Well it does start with the phrase "December 22nd, 2012. IF you're watching this video" etc.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Release yours right away... and add "(nasa)" at the end of the title... that will teach those gun-jumping pseudo scientists!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Well it does start with the phrase "December 22nd, 2012. IF you're watching this video" etc.

No. Mine's much hipper than that.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Well let's see it!! Maybe we never get the chance to!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Release yours right away... and add "(nasa)" at the end of the title... that will teach those gun-jumping pseudo scientists!

I probably would have to adjust the title a little. Especially with it being early as all.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Why would we need an "I told you so" 2012 thread?

Only very gullible people have fallen for it. After nothing happens, they'll just tell you the calculations were off and "The Event" will be on some other day in 2013.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Well let's see it!! Maybe we never get the chance to!

I hadn't actually considered that possibility. It's an "I Told You So" video, after all. I just want the little thing to have a great run. Its my finest work to date. It even rhymes in the 2nd part, where I debunk Infinity. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a workable rhyme for Max Planck? Forget about it. It's brutal.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
While I consider "I Told You So" type videos, threads, and even statements as a 6 year old's gamey, immature response to things (Read "Games People Play" by Eric Berne) - you may still feel the need to "play" anyway; so, here's my answer.

YES, upload it now. That way, we can at LEAST debate whose was better, your's or NASA's.
edit on 13/12/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: surname correction

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
is there any "Mayans Told You So" video ?
that would be more interesting then having a told you so nothing would happen video on the 22 december
if nothing happens then the i told you so video will become irrelevant weither or not something happens

i advice you release it now if you want to make a point and gets hits

because after the 21 december .. people will get over the 2012 mayan date very fast
and everything related to it will be old news
just another failed prediction date

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
While I consider "I Told You So" type videos, threads, and even statements as a 6 year old's gamey, immature response to things (Read "Games People Play" by Eric Bernstein) - you may still feel the need to "play" anyway; so, here's my answer.

YES, upload it now. That way, we can at LEAST debate whose was better, your's or NASA's.

It's already uploaded. All I have to do is click the "public" button, and it's live. I'm just really concerned about doing the wrong thing here. My project partner sleeps in and I'm not able to reach her by phone right now. She was the one who sent me the NASA article last night, but we didn't agree to do anything about this because I was already asleep by then. I probably effed up by jumping as much of the gun as I have already. This timing thing is tricky stuff.

Believe me, I want to release it right now. NASA really fouled things up with this decision they made. I wonder if there are others that are going through the same thing right now over their "I Told You So" videos?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Yup it will be an honor and privilege to further have to pay for water and electricity. It will be an honor to be further controlled by the media. How lucky are we to live in time of great servitude! Hope nothing changes..cause this life is friken awsome!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I say release it now.

In any publishing or marketing environment if the competition makes the first move you must ensure that you counteract asap and post your production.

It can also serve as a dual purpose production in putting those with a more fragile mind at ease, ie giving a reason why the world world will not end and a post date event as in I told you so.

Do it now, or let your production get lost in the post date fallout of a million other similar films.

Most people will search for that type of video post event anyway and your video will already be well established with plenty of views when the people start to search adding to its credibility which can be a powerful reason to want to watch yours rather than the others.
edit on 13-12-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
i advice you release it now if you want to make a point and gets hits

because after the 21 december .. people will get over the 2012 mayan date very fast
and everything related to it will be old news
just another failed prediction date

This is exactly what I thought when I saw that article. Exactly.

Damn. I wish I could get my cohort on the phone. I can't just pull the trigger without her okay. We worked out a failsafe approval process between us to keep me from being stupid with stuff I've created. Believe me, it's saved us more times than I care to admit. I'm like a yard dog that just got let into the kitchen for the first time ever, when it comes to just about everything I do; all legs and paws flailing and bumping my ass into the table and chairs as I try to be everywhere in that kitchen at the same instant. People like me need handlers to survive.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by studio500
I say release it now.

In any publishing or marketing environment if the competition makes the first move you must ensure that you counteract asap and post your production.

It can also serve as a dual purpose production in putting those with a more fragile mind at ease, ie giving a reason why the world world will not end and a post date event as in I told you so.

Do it now, or let your production get lost in the post date fallout of a million other similar films.

Most people will search for that type of video post event anyway and your video will already be well established with plenty of views when the people start to search adding to its credibility which can be a powerful reason to want to watch yours rather than the others.
edit on 13-12-2012 by studio500 because: (no reason given)

This is good. Really good. I could convince her with this. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
link broken hahai

No its not. I just tested it.

Here's the url - news.yahoo.com... Its good. Try it again.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Get a hold of your partner as soon as you can, and I'd recommend making it public right away.

As another poster said: if the competition makes a first move, you have to react fast to either counter it, or to compete with it.

Oh, and as another poster stated: once you do make it public, we can discuss it here on your thread and give you and your partner feedback on it.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
why would nasa release a video that starts off "if you're watching this video, the world didn't end yesterday (on dec.21st)".

maybe because no will be around to watch it in week. and obama is really on niribu with the rest of the elites and all we are seeing on t.v. is pre-recorded garbage.

how would you know. do you know without television or the internet, we wouldn't know what happened down the street, let alone thousands of miles from us, without actually confirming it with your own eyes.

but think about it, if niribu was going to hit earth, we'd be able to see it in the sky at night.

if we can see the moon and jupiter with the naked eye, i think we would be able to see niribu.

what actually is sad, is that the mayans will go down as the biggest fail in the history of mankind.

you'll see your grandkids in the future playing basketball and one of them predicts that he'll make that 3 pointer and when he misses your other grandkid will say: "ha, ha. you really mayaned that up."

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You all know governement... they spend all this money making a neat little video they just want to make sure people get to see it.

Seems to me NASA is just playing it safe. They didn't want to risk 'not' being able to release the video after the 21st.

or, or......

They just released it to calm everybody down, so that when the big calapse happens they have less mass panic.
This is a conspiracy wed site right?

LOL

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join