It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You live in MY reality

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
If I'm actually a 'sim' living in your reality, please give me a bigger penis and a bigger house.

Also, how do you know it's me that's allowing you to think this, having devoted quite a bit of spare time developing your reality in order to see what would happen if I allowed someone else to think that they'd created the reality that I purposely created a bifurcation in this reality - allowing you to think that it was a separate reality of your own making - to see whether it would cascade and how long it could take for any subsequent realities to breakdown.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky

Originally posted by AlphaX
reply to post by Bilky

I would like to provide more of an intellectual take on your theory there but for now I'll just say, check my signature. I've been using it for years, here and other places.

If this is not my very own reality then how can people and places bend to my thoughts and actions?

It's called charisma. Be careful, too much ego can lessen it.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

I've been a student of metaphysics for a long time and one theme that keeps popping up is the idea that we create owr own reality. I have an excellent mind for subtleties and am as today convinced that I live in some kind of thought simulation and I create my own truths-reality via my thoughts and actions. I have seen so much co incidence attributed to it and because of this that I can only come to this conclusion. I can't go into specifics because there just would be way too much to write about but say for instance I dwell on a particular thought or idea for some time then everywhere I go there are people and actual physical things that reflect this. i can only come to the conclusion that there are multiple realities and we all live in them but this one is mine to a greater extent than yours and there is a reality where we all live as well but it is yours to a greater extent. So it does'nt violate the causal theories of metaphisics that have been pondered about for millenia but reinforces them. So in saying this I formally welcome you all to MY REALITY.

From my point of view. You are just more able to use synchronicity to get responses from the shared reality you want and able to push away or change the people who do not fit in with your ideals. When enought people can do this it will be very hard for the idealless to do anything at all since they will be trapped in fear until they change.

This is interesting to me because I get/see synchronicities all the time, usually really obscure ones too. I'm a strong believer in "fate" although I don't like to refer to it as that because I'm not sure it works the same way as what most people think of as fate.

I'm going to have to preface some stuff here to make sense of what I'm about to say. I believe we all have a path or at least outcome that we set for ourselves before we incarnate (I believe in reincarnation). I'm sure we have some help or guidance in doing this but I do think that we have a lot of say as far as what we want to happen in our lives, before we incarnate.

I use synchronicities as a guiding point to see if I'm on the right path. I believe that when you stay on the path that you set for yourself or that you're meant to be on, synchronicities are never hard to find but if you stray from that path, they become rarer and rarer. It's interesting to me because I understand that not every life is meant to be amazing. We aren't all meant to be famous or have lot's of money or be successful and it can be disconcerting to someone if they aren't getting as much of those things as they'd like to. Synchronicities for me, are a way to tell if I'm headed in the right direction even when I may feel like I'm not getting very far.

Yeah I agree with you there I actually do see synchronicity as being on the right path as well, it just has that quality as if it is for me only and just a subtle hint that I am on the right path. thats pretty much what I mean and those people that think that I believe i'm some kind of spoon bender don't know what its all about. There are inconsistencies though and I do mean what i say in that I don't see how there can be so much change around any particular individual and still be enough possible permutations available for all people.

I know this is from a fantasy book but that do not mean it does not exist in the reality we exist in.
en.wikipedia.org...

Ta'veren : "A person around whom the Wheel of Time weaves all surrounding life-threads, perhaps ALL life-threads, to form a Web of Destiny." (TEotW, Glossary). In simpler terms, a Ta'veren is a person around whom the Pattern of the world structures itself.

The more synchronity you achive the more you are affecting your surrounding and the closer to Ta'veren you are. Think Gandi, Martin Luther King, Dalai Lama and Albert Einstein (changers of the whole of humanity). The Butterfly effect is also included in this understanding of a pattern of life threads building up what is.
edit on 13-12-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

reply to post by Bilky

I would like to provide more of an intellectual take on your theory there but for now I'll just say, check my signature. I've been using it for years, here and other places.

If this is not my very own reality then how can people and places bend to my thoughts and actions? Its sounds like delusions of grandeur I know but if everybody had happen what I have seen happen there simply would not be enough room for all to get the space required to do that. So I have to conclude that this is my very own private reality where everything is in actuality a reflection of what could be and is. It is the only logical conclusion. think about it

Bend to your thoughts and actions? LOL LOL

Hey, why donĀ“t you visit a gangland street, show them the finger and then ask them to bend to your thoughts.

Buddy, the sickness you suffer from has a name in contemporary psychiatry. I suggest you look it up.
edit on 13-12-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

Are you just in this section to scoff at others? Maybe there is an Atheist forum somewhere better suited to your ignorance?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
If I'm actually a 'sim' living in your reality, please give me a bigger penis and a bigger house.

Also, how do you know it's me that's allowing you to think this, having devoted quite a bit of spare time developing your reality in order to see what would happen if I allowed someone else to think that they'd created the reality that I purposely created a bifurcation in this reality - allowing you to think that it was a separate reality of your own making - to see whether it would cascade and how long it could take for any subsequent realities to breakdown.

lol nice, a bachelor of philopsophy on steroids.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I've been a student of metaphysics for a long time and one theme that keeps popping up is the idea that we create owr own reality. I have an excellent mind for subtleties and am as today convinced that I live in some kind of thought simulation and I create my own truths-reality via my thoughts and actions. I have seen so much co incidence attributed to it and because of this that I can only come to this conclusion. I can't go into specifics because there just would be way too much to write about but say for instance I dwell on a particular thought or idea for some time then everywhere I go there are people and actual physical things that reflect this. i can only come to the conclusion that there are multiple realities and we all live in them but this one is mine to a greater extent than yours and there is a reality where we all live as well but it is yours to a greater extent. So it does'nt violate the causal theories of metaphisics that have been pondered about for millenia but reinforces them. So in saying this I formally welcome you all to MY REALITY.

From my point of view. You are just more able to use synchronicity to get responses from the shared reality you want and able to push away or change the people who do not fit in with your ideals. When enought people can do this it will be very hard for the idealless to do anything at all since they will be trapped in fear until they change.

This is interesting to me because I get/see synchronicities all the time, usually really obscure ones too. I'm a strong believer in "fate" although I don't like to refer to it as that because I'm not sure it works the same way as what most people think of as fate.

I'm going to have to preface some stuff here to make sense of what I'm about to say. I believe we all have a path or at least outcome that we set for ourselves before we incarnate (I believe in reincarnation). I'm sure we have some help or guidance in doing this but I do think that we have a lot of say as far as what we want to happen in our lives, before we incarnate.

I use synchronicities as a guiding point to see if I'm on the right path. I believe that when you stay on the path that you set for yourself or that you're meant to be on, synchronicities are never hard to find but if you stray from that path, they become rarer and rarer. It's interesting to me because I understand that not every life is meant to be amazing. We aren't all meant to be famous or have lot's of money or be successful and it can be disconcerting to someone if they aren't getting as much of those things as they'd like to. Synchronicities for me, are a way to tell if I'm headed in the right direction even when I may feel like I'm not getting very far.

Yeah I agree with you there I actually do see synchronicity as being on the right path as well, it just has that quality as if it is for me only and just a subtle hint that I am on the right path. thats pretty much what I mean and those people that think that I believe i'm some kind of spoon bender don't know what its all about. There are inconsistencies though and I do mean what i say in that I don't see how there can be so much change around any particular individual and still be enough possible permutations available for all people.

I know this is from a fantasy book but that do not mean it does not exist in the reality we exist in.
en.wikipedia.org...

Ta'veren : "A person around whom the Wheel of Time weaves all surrounding life-threads, perhaps ALL life-threads, to form a Web of Destiny." (TEotW, Glossary). In simpler terms, a Ta'veren is a person around whom the Pattern of the world structures itself.

The more synchronity you achive the more you are affecting your surrounding and the closer to Ta'veren you are. Think Gandi, Martin Luther King, Dalai Lama and Albert Einstein (changers of the whole of humanity). The Butterfly effect is also included in this understanding of a pattern of life threads building up what is.
edit on 13-12-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

I love the WOT series and yes ta'veren does have a lot of relevence to the subject. I don't know how he did it but he created a real world somehow. Cant wait for a memory of light to come out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join