It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You live in MY reality

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I've been a student of metaphysics for a long time and one theme that keeps popping up is the idea that we create owr own reality. I have an excellent mind for subtleties and am as today convinced that I live in some kind of thought simulation and I create my own truths-reality via my thoughts and actions. I have seen so much co incidence attributed to it and because of this that I can only come to this conclusion. I can't go into specifics because there just would be way too much to write about but say for instance I dwell on a particular thought or idea for some time then everywhere I go there are people and actual physical things that reflect this. i can only come to the conclusion that there are multiple realities and we all live in them but this one is mine to a greater extent than yours and there is a reality where we all live as well but it is yours to a greater extent. So it does'nt violate the causal theories of metaphisics that have been pondered about for millenia but reinforces them. So in saying this I formally welcome you all to MY REALITY.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I have been thinking this for some time. We do seem to be able to directly influence our reality. The extent to which it is possible though needs further investigation.

link   
If that is true, then I have one request. Reality is broken; please fix it.

link   
We are each the center of our own universe.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

I would like to provide more of an intellectual take on your theory there but for now I'll just say, check my signature. I've been using it for years, here and other places.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bilky
I've been a student of metaphysics for a long time and one theme that keeps popping up is the idea that we create owr own reality. I have an excellent mind for subtleties and am as today convinced that I live in some kind of thought simulation and I create my own truths-reality via my thoughts and actions. I have seen so much co incidence attributed to it and because of this that I can only come to this conclusion. I can't go into specifics because there just would be way too much to write about but say for instance I dwell on a particular thought or idea for some time then everywhere I go there are people and actual physical things that reflect this. i can only come to the conclusion that there are multiple realities and we all live in them but this one is mine to a greater extent than yours and there is a reality where we all live as well but it is yours to a greater extent. So it does'nt violate the causal theories of metaphisics that have been pondered about for millenia but reinforces them. So in saying this I formally welcome you all to MY REALITY.

From my point of view. You are just more able to use synchronicity to get responses from the shared reality you want and able to push away or change the people who do not fit in with your ideals. When enought people can do this it will be very hard for the idealless to do anything at all since they will be trapped in fear and their minds will not works as they want due to outside influence until they change.
edit on 13-12-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Narcissism?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaX
reply to post by Bilky

I would like to provide more of an intellectual take on your theory there but for now I'll just say, check my signature. I've been using it for years, here and other places.

If this is not my very own reality then how can people and places bend to my thoughts and actions? Its sounds like delusions of grandeur I know but if everybody had happen what I have seen happen there simply would not be enough room for all to get the space required to do that. So I have to conclude that this is my very own private reality where everything is in actuality a reflection of what could be and is. It is the only logical conclusion. think about it

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The central message in most religions is to have faith. Could this have been misinterpreted as faith in some external divinity? Perhaps we shape our reality, once we accept and truly have faith that it is possible. Maybe the real message is that we are all divine.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Bilky

If this is not my very own reality then how can people and places bend to my thoughts and actions? Its sounds like delusions of grandeur I know but if everybody had happen what I have seen happen there simply would not be enough room for all to get the space required to do that. So I have to conclude that this is my very own private reality where everything is in actuality a reflection of what could be and is. It is the only logical conclusion. think about it

Bend to your thoughts and actions? LOL LOL

Hey, why don´t you visit a gangland street, show them the finger and then ask them to bend to your thoughts.

Buddy, the sickness you suffer from has a name in contemporary psychiatry. I suggest you look it up.
edit on 13-12-2012 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

From my point of view. You are just more able to use synchronicity to get responses from the shared reality you want and able to push away or change the people who do not fit in with your ideals. When enought people can do this it will be very hard for the idealless to do anything at all since they will be trapped in fear until they change.

This is interesting to me because I get/see synchronicities all the time, usually really obscure ones too. I'm a strong believer in "fate" although I don't like to refer to it as that because I'm not sure it works the same way as what most people think of as fate.

I'm going to have to preface some stuff here to make sense of what I'm about to say. I believe we all have a path or at least outcome that we set for ourselves before we incarnate (I believe in reincarnation). I'm sure we have some help or guidance in doing this but I do think that we have a lot of say as far as what we want to happen in our lives, before we incarnate.

I use synchronicities as a guiding point to see if I'm on the right path. I believe that when you stay on the path that you set for yourself or that you're meant to be on, synchronicities are never hard to find but if you stray from that path, they become rarer and rarer. It's interesting to me because I understand that not every life is meant to be amazing. We aren't all meant to be famous or have lot's of money or be successful and it can be disconcerting to someone if they aren't getting as much of those things as they'd like to. Synchronicities for me, are a way to tell if I'm headed in the right direction even when I may feel like I'm not getting very far.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

well if that is the case, my concern would be for all the troubled minds out there. If they create their reality and they are troubled/tormented from past experiences, how can they be helped?

the only question that comes to mind from reading your thread is... at what age did you start creating your own reality?

you were born into your Parent's reality... and that would of natural consequence influence yours.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

From my point of view. You are just more able to use synchronicity to get responses from the shared reality you want and able to push away or change the people who do not fit in with your ideals. When enought people can do this it will be very hard for the idealless to do anything at all since they will be trapped in fear until they change.

This is interesting to me because I get/see synchronicities all the time, usually really obscure ones too. I'm a strong believer in "fate" although I don't like to refer to it as that because I'm not sure it works the same way as what most people think of as fate.

I'm going to have to preface some stuff here to make sense of what I'm about to say. I believe we all have a path or at least outcome that we set for ourselves before we incarnate (I believe in reincarnation). I'm sure we have some help or guidance in doing this but I do think that we have a lot of say as far as what we want to happen in our lives, before we incarnate.

I use synchronicities as a guiding point to see if I'm on the right path. I believe that when you stay on the path that you set for yourself or that you're meant to be on, synchronicities are never hard to find but if you stray from that path, they become rarer and rarer. It's interesting to me because I understand that not every life is meant to be amazing. We aren't all meant to be famous or have lot's of money or be successful and it can be disconcerting to someone if they aren't getting as much of those things as they'd like to. Synchronicities for me, are a way to tell if I'm headed in the right direction even when I may feel like I'm not getting very far.

Yeah I agree with you there I actually do see synchronicity as being on the right path as well, it just has that quality as if it is for me only and just a subtle hint that I am on the right path. thats pretty much what I mean and those people that think that I believe i'm some kind of spoon bender don't know what its all about. There are inconsistencies though and I do mean what i say in that I don't see how there can be so much change around any particular individual and still be enough possible permutations available for all people.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
You believe reality is yours? You will die and reality will keep going. Reality will evade you if you believe it is absolute.

And what would you create if you had absolute creative power? Would you try to manifest your ideals? The world will never conform. Then you would be left angry. There may be a god, and that God might be within you, but be careful how you approach this assumption. God creates all, not just your version. There is a lesson of respect, tolerance, and the necessity of allowing freedom in that idea. I don't see the harm in a belief that warrants that, but beware of falsehoods. Because being god might not be what you expect. And beware of pride.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
An image of reality resides in each brain, only to be made real and experienced by the individual which resides in the same brain. Thus we are all seperated from eachother with nothing but an illusion for all of eternity. So I live in my reality and to me everyone else lives in theirs, what the other believes to be me is an image generated by the others' mind to interact with. The brain is supposed to be a one person theatre or simulation imho.

Now I could make the image of the other very real, to a degree another could actually move me (as in provoking or invoking a response of some sort) in a way it appears not out of my own will or volition but then I would no longer be the supreme ruler of my reality or I would have to 'enslave' the other, either sink or swim. Either both images (of my self and the other) are equally real or the other is less real than my self (and so less powerful) or more real (and I would be swayed to listen to such a person).

The reason why the OP is attracted to subjects his mind is pondering about is because his mind picked these places from the available memories of the city and made them more real than other objects and he is naturally drawn to these places as they stand out of the environment because the mind made it a little more real and other objects a little less real and everyone wants to look at things which appear most real to them.

Why there is such a thing as synchronicity is because we are all exposed to the same stimuli, thoughts and ideas. The individual might choose different on some subjects but most have a very similar experience of reality so it might appear as if there is some actual connection while the same thought processes just repeat in different brains who just happened to work on the same subject.

Originally posted by Thurisaz
you were born into your Parent's reality... and that would of natural consequence influence yours.

I agree the parents usually play a large role in one's development. Some grow up and realize they have more information about reality than the parents and in my case I made some choices which have a significant impact on my experience like becoming a believer while my parents are more atheist like.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is also called Solipsism. With the mind, one can doubt anything, even the reality of existence. Solipsism is the result of an unhealthy and unrealistic skepticism. It is contradictory to doubt what one is while remaining what one is.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragonfly79

I just wanted to note that your thought process and introspection is a rarity. Keep it up.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

If that's the case then I didn't ask to be here so stop harassing me.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
What if i'm the only one who is alive, and all you are my imagination? And you are unaware that you are an imagination because you were programmed by my consciousness to act as a another person?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join