It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi - GOP doesn't care about shopping for Kwanzaa

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

As far as Kwanzaa.... I have never in my life met a single person who has celebrated Kwanzaa.

I second that. I have never met a person that even knows what it is, let alone celebrates it.

Nevertheless, we should respect these holidays as we respect Christmas but Nancy's little comments were just dumb. She may have a legitimate point, but she does not articulate it well.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
You want a week off for Kwanzaa take your PTO. Same for Hanukkah and Christmas. Sure most companies close for a day or two around Christmas but all other days that are taken off for the holiday season are personal days off. Pretty simple. Same goes for Nancy who is simply looking to stir the pot of irrelevance.

As for Kwanzaa...the first time I ever observed or heard of anyone actually celebrating it was when I was in college. It is not really a religious celebration like Hanukkah or Christmas. It's a celebration of culture which can be observed by Christians who also celebrate Christmas.

It's easy to understand why Kwanzaa has not really caught on in a large scale manner

During the early years of Kwanzaa, Karenga said that it was meant to be an alternative to Christmas, that Jesus was psychotic, and that Christianity was a white religion which black people should shun.[6] However, as Kwanzaa gained mainstream adherents, Karenga altered his position so that practicing Christians would not be alienated, then stating in the 1997 Kwanzaa: A Celebration of Family, Community, and Culture, "Kwanzaa was not created to give people an alternative to their own religion or religious holiday."[7]
Many Christian African Americans who celebrate Kwanzaa do so in addition to observing Christmas

en.wikipedia.org...

Time for Pelosi to step aside and keep her mouth shut. As if we don't have any other matters more pressing in this nation at the moment. Gotta keep beating that race drum...

To those of you who choose to celebrate Kwanzaa, I respect your choice. Just beware of the messenger, Pelosi, and the motives that drive her.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Conspiracy time!!!!

Maybe this is just the first attempt to get the US into a more "european" work schedule.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

4 hour lunch breaks in an 8 hour work day results in 4 hours of work. Perfect!!
Our tax structure can support that.... The super rich will make up the difference... Sweet! Now I can finally set up my nap mat under my desk.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

That vid reminds me, since we're celebrating fake, made up holidays, I'm demanding
more attention for Festivus.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Does anyone here really believe that Pelosi actually "shops" for individuals for any holiday. People with her kind of money don't "shop" in the traditional sense. They have "people" for that.

She might personally shop for a choice gift for a few close family members or perhaps a close friend but the rest of the people she buys for will get gifts picked out based on her rolodex by her staff.

When people with that kind of money "shop" it’s not like they are going to go to the mall and sit in traffic either - they will make an appointment, probably after hours to go into an upscale place at which her staff have pre-selected a series of potential gifts and she will review some choices and select a few and be in and out in an hour leaving some staff person to sign the slips and take delivery and have the things wrapped.

Pelosi's are worth a bloody fortune.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Too hilarious. Ive never met a single person who knows anyone who sincerely and seriously celebrates Kwanzaa, yet politicians keep bringing it up as an opportunity to practice "equality".

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Ok

If your off for holidays how can you shop?

Your off for the holidays meaning you can't go buy stuff because no one is working.

People shop means those shop owners are making money which means they have employees, that in turn pay taxes that pay Pelosi's salary, and every other special "civil right" she thinks people should have.

Then of course the unions will want in and make that holiday pay,double time and triple time and all that crap.

Sigh i don't care for Pelosi.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Who started rewarding having kids without family scenario in mind?

The government did.

TPTB want it this way.

edit on 13-12-2012 by ShotGunRum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Watch and learn. Pelosi, are you watching...

www.video.theblaze.com...
edit on 14-12-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Pelosi is a nutjob - and the people who keep voting for her are perhaps the dimmest people on the planet!

What is she worried about? Can't she just dispatch her servants to shop for her???

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join