It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi - GOP doesn't care about shopping for Kwanzaa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Trolling for votes and avoiding doing some work and getting to blame the GOP for something silly ... all another day in the life of Nancy Pelosi.

Pelosi quote on why she (and the rest of them) should have more than just Christmas day off and why they shouldn't have to come in to work the rest of December (everyone should be out shopping) ....

"Is there not an appreciation for the Jewish holidays? The Christmas holiday? Kwanzaa? All the other things that families come together around? Bonding rituals important to the strength of our society? Do we not care about that? Well, the American people do. And they want to shop for it." - Wednesday, December 12, 2012, House Minority Leader Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on the house floor.

Video Here

According to her - The GOP shouldn't be scheduling work during the Jewish holidays and Kwanzaa (that 'holiday' that was made up in the 1960's by some convicted fellon in California). Americans care too much about these holidays and have to shop during those days - according to her. They care too much for the House to have to work during them.

My solution to her 'problem' .... take the 'Christmas day off' away from her and make everyone work through that day as well. Everyone will be treated equal and she will have nothing to whine about. (although I'm sure she'll find something.)

Side note ... no, Nancy, I don't give a hoot about Kwanzaa (and I"m not GOP).

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
she's as ignorant as they come. i'm waiting for the day cnn reports that she walked over a storm drain and fell thru the bars.

its like she's on a mission to embody every annoying and ignorant trait common to america, multiplying it by a factor of 15, rolling it into a ball and then applying it to her personality.

doesn't anybody hold her accountable, or is she and diane feinstein the crazy cat ladies of congress and everybody stays very clear of them.

i can picture her strolling around congress and senators diving into their offices and locking the doors before she spots them.

edit on 13-12-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

Off topic post. (and dead wrong).

The topic .. Nancy Pelosi wants more shopping time for everyone and feels that the House shouldn't have to work during Kwanzaa and the Jewish Holidays. She blames the GOP for not being sensitive to America's shopping needs.

Get on topic please.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Of course Breibart only included the word Kwanza in the title to evoke an emotional response from their largely racist audience.

They left out the other holidays Pelosi mentioned for these reasons.

Jewish holiday- Breibart is a neo-con Zionist propaganda rag, along with most of the readers.

Christmas holiday - Their core base is Christian. By seeing the word Pelosi and Christian together doesn't encourage the primal US vs THEM mentality.

I'm sorry but breaking down the methods behind their propaganda for this story was much more interesting than the story itself.

Pelosi saying the whole shop thing was quite ridiculous sounding, but that's the type of terminology that you have to use to gather republican support. She should have used the term "to grow our economy".

Remember this Gem of US History?

But anyways, what she said had some truth to it. Americans do need more holidays, we need to spend more time with our family. The family unit is being destroyed, especially with 2 working parents. TPTB want it to be this way.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I'm a little shocked that Kwanza is real, as I thought it was made up purely for Futurama.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I think the botox, denture cream, and metamucil have leached into her brain and created a special kind of stupid.

Even a majority of blacks are uncomfortable with this quasi holiday because its racist (the man who founded it as well as in practice).
edit on 13-12-2012 by 11235813213455 because: spellun'

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I am a bit offended that Pelosi did not mention Festivus.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
I'm a little shocked that Kwanza is real, as I thought it was made up purely for Futurama.

It depends on your definitioin of 'real' I suppose.
Website that calls itself the 'official' Kwanzaa website
The other side - Kwanzaa invented by a deranged racist felon

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShotGunRum
what she said had some truth to it. Americans do need more holidays, we need to spend more time with our family. The family unit is being destroyed, especially with 2 working parents. TPTB want it to be this way.

It's not just TPTB that want the family destroyed.
Look at this clip from Maury
A lot of people are selfish and are doing it to themselves and their own families.

That being said .. she was complaining about the HOUSE not getting enough time off to do their jewish holiday and kwanzaa shopping.
The House gets plenty of time off during the year. PLENTY. And they shouldn't be getting nearly the entire month of December off 'to shop'. If she's really that desperate for time to shop for all her jewish and kwanzaa friends, she can shop ON LINE like the rest of us do.

ON LINE ... it takes five minutes ... shop, wrap, deliver. All with the mouse. All without leaving your desk. All without increasing your carbon footprint in the world. (something she supposedly cares about).

I don't think the HOUSE needs any extra time off for shopping.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Kwanzaa (that 'holiday' that was made up in the 1960's by some convicted fellon in California).

Who cares if it's a made up holiday? I'm pretty sure all days are just a day until someone or a group of someone's decide to dedicate a particular day for a particular reason religious or otherwise.

As far as who made it up, I don't really know much about him... I don't support Nationalism of any variety but the 60's were full of all kinds of groups and all kinds of propaganda it's hard to know which way is up with any of them. A quick wiki glance says he was convicted of assault and false imprisonment but again, thanks to COINTELPRO who can say if he really did it.

Regardless though, I think the holiday is pretty cool, people should celebrate whatever the hell they choose to...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by khimbar

It depends on your definitioin of 'real' I suppose.
Website that calls itself the 'official' Kwanzaa website
The other side - Kwanzaa invented by a deranged racist felon

Real as in wasn't made up especially for Futurama.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think they should work through the Christmas Holiday.

Forget the Jewish Holiday.

Forget Kwanzaa.

I have had to work on Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving Day, New Years eve, New Years Day for as long as I can remember. I do not get time off work for Holidays and there are many Americans who are in the same boat. We all work Holidays and make far less money.... Congress can kiss my back side. If I can work on the Holidays- so can they. At least they are paid well for it.

There is also no shortage of Jews who work during the Jewish Holiday.... all 8 days of it.

As far as Kwanzaa.... I have never in my life met a single person who has celebrated Kwanzaa. What's next Pelosi? Going to demand time off for Boxing Day because there are some Canadians who live in the US? gfys!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Knock off the personal attacks and discuss the topic

Unless you want a posting ban for Christmas.

Thats my only warning, and its in the festive spirit. OK?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
I think the holiday is pretty cool, people should celebrate whatever the hell they choose to...

No one is saying not to celebrate it. The problem is that Nancy Pelosi wants nearly the entire month of December off so the House can go Jewish holiday, Kwanzaa and Christmas shopping.

The House already gets plenty of time off. And they can easily get shopping done like the rest of us do, they don't need an entire month off to get it done. AND Pelosi claims to be sensitive to the environment, so she could do like the rest of us do and order ONLINE. It takes 5 minutes and she reduces her carbon footprint by doing so.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I might be mistaken but if household debt is any indicator nobody needs more time for shopping.

Especially the politicians.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I've got news for you, Nancy. It's not just the GOP that doesn't care about Kwanzaa. Nobody cares about Kwanzaa. If you think you're going to get the whole month of December off because you want to celebrate other people's holiday, guess again. You people have way too much work to do to even think about taking a day off for the next year, at least.

You want to go shopping? You can go shopping when you get this economy back on track. You can go shopping when unemployment is down and the dollar is up. You can go shopping when you've reduced our deficit by at least half.

Now, get back to work and don't poke your head out of that cubicle until you have this thing under control. I want weekly progress reports and, by God, I better be seeing some progress.

Oh.. and pick up my dry cleaning on your lunch break.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Pelosi, those botox injections have eaten away any brain you had left.

She truly is a turd.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join