It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillsborough - The Disaster, the Cover-up..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Funny that the people near the top are so good at covering up the truth that it takes so long for the truth to come out. This information could have been released long ago if it wasn't for this coverup. Letting a lot of time lapse makes the people disrupted by something forget a lot about it. It also gives time for statuate of limitation to take effect making the ones causing it less liable.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RamsOnTop

And that has got nothing to do with the thread at hand, and does not contribute anything useful. RA did a good job bringing this thread to us. It is a sensitive issue, and emotional, we should stick to the topic and not throw in useless information that is unrelated.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I remember the day well. I was only 16 at the time, My mum worked in a bookies (still does) and it was all over the tv in there. everything just stopped for 3 hours. Tragic is not the word!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I remember this being reported here in America when it happened. The media just blamed it on drunk hooligans. Good to see the truth come out about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

And that has got nothing to do with the thread at hand, and does not contribute anything useful. RA did a good job bringing this thread to us. It is a sensitive issue, and emotional, we should stick to the topic and not throw in useless information that is unrelated.

Actually I think RamsOnTop's post was relevant.

I just find it worthy of mention that in a span of 4 years 130 bodies were bagged and they were all involving liverpool fans.

You see, because of statistics like these, it was very, very easy for the authorities to blame the whole thing on Liverpool fans.

If you don't see the relevance of this post then YOU are not contributing...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
As a young man growing up in Manchester England it was hard convincing my own father that the Police categorically lie to stitch people up and protect their own criminal activity such as giving out serious beatings and then charging the victim with assault which i have been witness to.

So convincing the general public who a large percentage never went anywhere a football stadium was at the time impossible.It's perseverance to the families that Justice was done and i hope for one that the people that insinuated fabrications of the truth to protect themselves and disgustingly blame it on the victims themselves should be given serious jail time including the people at the very top.

I would also tell you of an incident that my best friends girlfriend who worked for the BBC during the Miners strikes told my good friend.
On national television during main time media news it was shown that the Yorkshire Miners attacked the Police and the Police after gaining control then physically beat back the Miners arresting many.A TOTAL LIE.

The truth was the Police viciously assaulted the Miners and the Miners after initially being overwhelmed and shocked by the actions of the Police reformed and defended themselves by assaulting them back.
The BBC was going to show the actual facts of the incident but an order came from the top to reverse the footage.

So for those who don't believe in conspiracy WAKE UP.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

excellent thread, this is pure corruption that has caused so much hurt for so long. the police failed to do their job and didn't want the blame. it is sad that it has taken this long for the truth to be recognised. the question is now: what else have the police covered up?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
firstly , my thoughts to those who lost loved ones in this tragedy.This event was one of those that opened my eyes to corruption and lies told to protect the system.

However I have to ask( I may get flamed for this but it is asked in humility)

Did fans without tickets for the match try to get in?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I'm a Liverpool fan through and through and Hillsborough will stay with me until the day i die. I was 16 that day and remember coming home to catch the score and seeing the news, it was surreal to say the least.

A lot of banter, even hatred, goes on between teams in England, and even to this day rival fans will bring up the 96 as a way of goading Liverpool supporters. It's sad, at the end of the day, we all just love the game, and nobody should pay with their life for following any team.

The cover-ups and ridiculous media stories are the most hurtful. Liverpudlians are often seen as an easy target, the city full of scallies who will half inch your car stereos. It's nonsense. If you want to generalize a city the people of Liverpool are some of the warmest, funniest, caring people you could ever wish to meet.

YNWA

edit on 14-12-2012 by Ginga because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm a Forest supporter, my mate was a Liverpool supporter and he died at Hillsborough, his name was Tony Bland.

He actually died several years later, but had been kept alive in hospital ever after it.

Made my blood boil to think people could be so callous as to cover it up to protect their careers, and to spread the outright lies that they did to try and blame the fans.

Should all be hung.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Quite apart from the tragic events of that fateful day, let the reality of the two and a half decade old coverup and whitewash stand as testament to all those on this board who decry 'how can a conspiracy involving so many people, over such a long time period be kept secret from so many?'...

Well...this secret was kept, and kept well from the entire world, for almost 25 years and it did NOT involve a tight knit, closely integrated organisation.

It involved a conspiracy including many police officer, government officials, ambulance medical staff, firefighters, football ground officials and staff and civil servants...and NONE of them tallked in all that time.

Now, while it was an awful tragedy for those involved and their families and friends...that event, not only the truth of which was kept secret, there was an active and deliberate conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, by all who kept the truth to themselves...now compare this terrible event to another terrible event...9/11.

Still don't think people told to keep quiet can keep the truth from getting out?

And this was knowhere near as far reaching and world changing as 9/11 or 7/7, Madrid or even possible events and happenings at large organisations such as NASA or ESA, CIA, NSA and so on...yet the truth was easily concealed and lies put in its place...if it wasn't for decades of tireless and heartbreaking campaigning by family and friends to get at the truth of the Hillsborough disaster, we would still be none the wiser...

Personally, i hope the family and friends of those killed in 9/11 and other attacks don't ever stop their demands for justice and the truth...it's been 11 years, perhaps in another decade or so their relentless pressure might loosen the screws to the box where the truth is hidden and maybe something world changing will leak out, just like the families who refused to take NO for an answer, ultimately achieved for their loved ones at Hillsborough.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
There were a lot of factors that lead to the horrific scenes that day, including police mistakes. However, there were many Liverpool fans who turned up without tickets and were very drunk, this is verified by people who actually lived around the Hillsborough area. The Liverpool fans who attempted to get in without tickets contributed to the disaster, and the drunken fans didn't help the situation either. This is being covered up now, it's just not politically correct to suggest even a few fans on that day didn't behave like saints. The "always the victim,never our fault" attitude which seems to exist amongst some Liverpool circles is very frustrating.

Like I said, the blame can't be pin-pointed, a lot of factors and mistakes from both parties. Bad management by the police, slow reactions and the pens which ultimately killed the fans were all contributing factors which the FA and police were responsible for. Drunken and ticketless Liverpool fans were also factors.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
firstly , my thoughts to those who lost loved ones in this tragedy.This event was one of those that opened my eyes to corruption and lies told to protect the system.

However I have to ask( I may get flamed for this but it is asked in humility)

Did fans without tickets for the match try to get in?

I wasn't there and support Manchester United but i will tell you many times i have sneaked into games without a ticket and it did not result in my death.I would suggest that more than a few did not have tickets and most likely quite a few were also drunk,it happens at football matches.But in no way shape or form should the fans be at blame for being corralled into into a heaving mob that was then put into tiny little pens containing inadequate crush barriers.

It was though and still is the culture of the Police to treat fans as subhuman scum when it comes to having any rights at games.We are automatically guilty of anything because we are mostly working class and to be honest not all of us are angels and have been guilty in the past of public disorder etc but it's a minority.
Going back into the 80's and 90's when English fans have been attacked by Italian or Turkish or Portuguese Police for merely being English the British media has nearly always sided with the Police of other countries and helped to fabricate lies and outright embellishments thus creating a worst reputation for fans that snowball into the fans being targets for physical violence just because you're an English football fan by the actual authorities of whatever nation the game is held in.

The media,especially the The Scum"Sun" should be held entirely responsible for lying about fans pick pocketing the dead.The reporters should be held to account and tried for slander and circulating malicious rumours.An apology is nothing.

Lets hope todays Police force which is an entirely different entity and generation than that of Hillsborough does the right thing and goes after the senior establishment where they are culpable including the odious Margaret Thatcher.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

The point is mate, the causes were covered up by means of a conspiracy. A conspiracy shared by seemingly dispirate agencies and workers, that was successfully covered up for close to a quarter of a century.

While we're blaming everyone for the tragedy, you must admit yourself, that the fans, drunk or sober did not perpetrate a conspiracy to pervert the truth and the course of justice did they...that was the the establishment.

This is important to realise, as it becomes pretty obvious that given the will, even loosely associated people will and as we see with this topic, keep their mouths firmly shut for decades and decades.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

This post here shows exactly how damaging the lies where, even today after the lies have been proven to be wrong, you still get people who believe in them. If you read the report, you will find that you are wrong.

Great post OP.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
its a disgraceful but true fact that the police would cover their incompetents like this. the truth is on it's way out.
R.I.P the 96. YNWA

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

although the Liverpool fans were wrong in Basel, you can't blame them for a supporting wall collapsing.
this thread is not about how good or bad Liverpool fans are it's about how the police have covered up their involvement in the death of 96 people. R.I.P the 96

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad

This post here shows exactly how damaging the lies where, even today after the lies have been proven to be wrong, you still get people who believe in them. If you read the report, you will find that you are wrong.

Great post OP.

I am sorry, all Liverpool fans on that day were saints and local people who just reported what they saw are all liars and are part of the cover-up along with South Yorkshire Police.

Listen, It's a fact that a lot of Liverpool fans turns up without tickets and it's a fact that there was a lot of drunken fans as well. I am not saying that Liverpool fans went around stealing or assaulting people as reported by the sun but simply repeating what residents reported. Alot of people at fault that day, but the 96 who died wern't, make no mistake about it.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

He wasn't using it for that reason though, it reads like he was saying that Liverpool fans were just as guilty because of previous matches.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join