It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball Falls into the Black Sea Near Turkey - Light & Boom Caught on Camera 12/12/12

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
the US have confirmed that north Korea satellite is spinning put of control... i wonder if this was it crashing to earth

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
the US have confirmed that north Korea satellite is spinning put of control... i wonder if this was it crashing to earth

I doubt it.
It looks like the Korean satellite is still up there, and not coming down any time too soon:
www.n2yo.com...

This was probably just a meteor from the Geminid shower.
edit on 12/13/12 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

Meteor showers are due to fragments left behind from passing comets, they usually vary in size from a grain of sand to a small boulder (about 25cm).

This object seems slightly bigger, so in my opinion it isn't part of the Geminids, just a random piece of rock floating in space.

There seems to be quite a few of these as of late, I was lucky enough to witness the one that flew over the UK a couple of month ago, it's a breathtaking (and trouser soiling) sight.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Originally posted by flice

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by flice

The only thing I worry about, is why I never worry.

Please ask her which direction/hemisphere she spotted these two twinkling lights - then maybe we can get to the bottom of them... Before it's too late...

I don't believe that the world will end in 2012. After all, we haven't even gotten our RFID chips yet, hehe.

Rough coordinates:

55.869003 N,12.342839 E

Looking direction: north by north / northwest

It would have been around 1am'ish
edit on 13/12/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

Im not very proficient at reading star maps, but maybe she just saw Betelgeus and Bellatrix? Are these viewable by the naked eye?

Yes you can see them with the naked eye, especially Betelgeus it's part of the Orion constellation.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The fireball looks quite distant. I would have thought the recorded explosion would have been somewhat time delayed given the distance. Seems fishy to me.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by fockewulf190
The fireball looks quite distant. I would have thought the recorded explosion would have been somewhat time delayed given the distance. Seems fishy to me.

Good call. I agree.

Even if it was relatively close (a km or two - which is unlikely anyway) there would be some time delay between the sight and the sound.

I have to admit that the fireball looks convincing, but due to the above, I'd say the chances are it's fake.

Also, no reports on the usual channels of a fireball in that area.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I just had a thought ; if a there's a substantial meteor hit in the water shouldn't there be a lot of dead fish floating around out there ?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Geminid meteor shower. Happens every year. This would be called a bolide, or extra big and bright meteor that makes a sound. Sometimes they explode in mid air due to the electrical stress.

Though I must say, the sound does appear to reach the camera way too quickly.
edit on 13-12-2012 by CaptChaos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Its a miracle that one hasn't hit a populated area yet.

Amazing video, s&f!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Actually, it is rare they explode, the loud boom one hears is generally a sonic boom.

That being said they can sometimes explode (ie Tunguska), however, it caused by rapid heating and pressurised gas build up from the water/Co2 etc inside, nothing to do with electricity.
edit on 13/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think it's not part of the Geminids, howere they are a nice sight, we can see them perfect in Romania. Curious one that I saw just now it was actually 2 of them, dimm, not bright, side by side with no trail, they went really fast across the sky... I am sure they were just shooting stars but really they looked weird and no they were not planes

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

There have been many reputable eyewitness reports of unusual electrical activity associated with very bright meteors. At about 6 p.m. on 26 May 1751, two enormous iron meteorites landed at Hraschina, near Zagreb in Croatia. The spectacular display, now called the phenomena of Agram (Zagreb), was painted by a witness from Szigetvar, 15 miles south east of Hraschina. It depicts a high cloud with lightning flashes (A) and a fireball (B) bursting into two balls linked by a corkscrewing fiery chain.

The electrical model expects this kind of behavior. The lightning discharges caused the disruption of the meteor. The connection of the resulting two bolides by "intertwined fiery chains" is evidence for a continuing powerful discharge between them. Before an intruder can hit the Earth, lightning will always be unleashed. The blackened pits on meteorites (see inset of the Agram Meteorite on display at the Natural History Museum of Vienna) are electrical craters.

The lightning hypothesis explains many long-standing mysteries about impacts of all sizes: why meteors can sometimes be heard at the same time they are seen; why the Tunguska event of 1908 left no meteoritic remains; why the 88 ton Hoba meteorite (the size of a family car) didn't form a crater at all; and why the spectacular collision of comet Shoemaker-Levy-9 with Jupiter produced flashes much earlier and bigger than expected.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LuckyBamboo

Take a .22 rifle and fire it into the lake,
ooohhh ya, water has a huge effect on
sound...

a .22 will sound like a cannon going off, its
quite the cool sound.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

That has to be the silliest thing I have ever read.

Tunguska for example is great example of an exploding comet, they have recently found evidence in the for of chemical compounds (silica?) present in trees from the supposed point of explosion, I think they even found what little crater was left from the airburst.

It's simple science, friction causes heat, heat causes things to evaporate, evaporated liquids tend to be gases, gases building up in a confined area created pressure, pressure causes things to go boom.

Seriously, where the heck does electric even come into it?? It makes zero sense.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
My first impression was that whatever it was, was not very far away from the camera. This is because there is no delay between the light and the sound of the explosion. Then I thought that the sound (if it was recorded) must have been synced to the explosion. If that is the actual sound of the event that we are hearing. I don't think that it is because most surveillance camera don't have microphones. Yes, some do. But most don't. So I think the sound was added later in the studio.

As to what it was: A meteorite.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Cyberspy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberspy

I don't think the boom was from the flash, I think the boom was from a sonic boom created as it went past, and that probably occurred before the flash on screen.
edit on 13/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
reply to post by flice

I don't believe that the world will end in 2012. After all, we haven't even gotten our RFID chips yet, hehe.

That is what you think or choose to believe...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I heard our solar system was going through some sort of qalactic cloud which is making our sun bigger and brighter, i think theres a thread in hear about it. Maybe all these asteroids are the bigger clumps in the cloud and were gunna be in for a lot more of these babys.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

i was just talking bout this with the lady. im not a doom and gloom person but with that and the metor shower thats passing by its like wow...the lovecraft nut inside me is screamin THE COLOR OUT OF SPACE

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join