It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Libra Scales...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

the truth is my truth, it is an individual thing based on what I have learnt and experienced and from the things I see = so it is really just a matter of personal opinion. I am not saying it is the truth for everyone, it is the way I feel.

Evolution means different things to different people. I used the example about the public executions for entertainment 2000 years ago comparatively, the majority of people are outraged at what humans in that era did and yet, in contemporary times, those same people that are outraged watch violent movies, enjoy seeing blood and guts... or watch the news and see people dead on the street because of war and they are hardened to it. What is the difference? It is just marketed differently and yet these people believe they have evolved and somehow become more refined/better than those who lived 2000 years ago.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

All adjectives and qualities are subjective.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Interpretation ('my' truth) is done with the mind. The mind cannot see or hear.
The truth is hidden in plain sight.
Those who have ears, hear. Those who have eyes, see.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

What if a person cannot see or hear? How can they stay present without getting involved with the mind? What about a person in a vegetative state. Also, what happens when you dream?

--------

As for The Original Post, I'm starting to think that numbers (numerology), words (sounds), stars (astrology) are all concepts/structures/rituals that are not really important for spirituality (consciousness, reality, presence)...
edit on 13-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Itisnowagain

What if a person cannot see or hear? How can they stay present without getting involved with the mind? What about a person in a vegetative state. Also, what happens when you dream?
edit on 13-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

Watch the mind. Hear the noise. See the light that is appearing (presently). All sensation is the light. Sensation can only be felt presently.

You have just written a thread offering enlightenment and yet you are still asking so many questions (still seeking).
edit on 13-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
A quote from a Libra I know:

"You know how it is- if I can't be a good man, then I'll be the worst man I can be."

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The simple answer is: there is a growing proximity between humans. For every 100 that die, 200 are born. As humans get closer, it paradoxically drives them apart. Violence is violence when it is unnecessary, when it is accomplished with an ideal as the goal. What was once a method of ensuring survival is now a method of perpetuating illusions of hate.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There is reason to entertain the idea that the Libra scales were once the pincers of the scorpion.

That once there were 11 zodiac signs, and that Libra was inserted between Virgo and Scorpio.

The knowledge is elusive and it pops up in places that even I would not expect; I thought I had a special nugget, but this lady seems to know about it too...

wanatribe.com...

There is supposed to be a very important secret for humanity tied up in the shuffle, but it has eluded me; at least for the moment.

It is probably at least as believable, or at least as intriguing, as the idea of finding a 13th zodiacal sign in Ophiuchus.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Originally posted by MrUncreated
But we would need to be something like pure energy. As I understand it, a spiritual being. But I am living in a fantasy world, I think.

Some people refer to that as the higher self. If that ideal is then a fantasy world, then I am there also.

the fantasy is what we desire, I wonder how many people actually desire the same thing? But they remain quiet and accept the attrocities because they believe that they cannot change it or they just put their desires into a category of a fantasy and never ever strive to achieve it or make it happen.

fantasies are generally out of reach, perhaps that is where the failure stems from? but perhaps, we are taught from a young age that our ideals are a fantasty and are out of reach and so, we accept that too and never try to obtain them/succeed?

edit on 13/12/2012 by Thurisaz because: grammar

I don't know how one can strive to become an immortal being that is completely free from the chains of this world. Other than dying and refusing to reincarnate, which is what I intend to do. Why play the game, when the game is rigged? I will not squirm for their amusement anymore.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

It is the outrage that makes it outrageous. Do you think war can be ended with anger and disgust? That will only cause more war. Peace and war are not opposites. There is peace available for all at all times regardless of external circumstance. The soldier can be at peace during a gun battle.

You're not going to find peace by reacting to circumstances with anything but peace. It's your own fault there is no peace. Peace is an individual experience. There is no such thing as an external object that is peaceful unless that object feels peace within. Even then, you won't have peace unless you, yourself choose it. Peace is a matter of acceptance and nonjudgmental. Your ideals are the only thing that are conflicting. You think, "war is bad" and "there can't be peace when there is war". Lighten up man. It is what it is and couldn't be any other way. Accept it because these are the actions which were freely chosen by that which is. It is just a show. Don't become attached to it because one day, you are going to die. Ideals are the source of conflict. Ideals of what is good and what is bad. There is no such thing as an absolute good or bad. Lose the notion of good and bad and you will have peace. And unconditional love.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

I don't know how one can strive to become an immortal being that is completely free from the chains of this world. Other than dying and refusing to reincarnate, which is what I intend to do. Why play the game, when the game is rigged? I will not squirm for their amusement anymore.

wow, now ur starting to sound like me.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

wow, now ur starting to sound like me.

Maybe I am you. From an alternate reality. Does your real name start with a J and end with a Y, too?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
As a Libra, I'd say everything feels wonderful right now. A warm glow over everything despite what you may see happening.

Scientifically as well; life is generally good. Maybe this will help calm your thoughts, as a start.
www.ted.com...

Possibly add a dramatic soundtrack (play in the background) to help your paradigm shift ^_^
www.youtube.com...

Hope this can help you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join