Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

The Libra Scales...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this for a while now. The World seems to be in utter chaos with wars, terrible crimes and cruelty and I feel that it is not in balance.

I wonder if there is any good at all in humanity?

The World is beautiful, nature is amazing and that is really all the good that I can see. I spend time looking at the beauty of the mountains,sunsets, flowers, butterflies, birds etc to try to shift my focus from the horrors that humans do to each other and other species.

Then that got me thinking, the Libra scales, they are tipped, so which way are they balanced?

www.astrologyweekly.com...

I am starting to feel the scales are like that to illustrate that there is more bad than good, but the majority of people think (thanks to the Romans) that they are balanced. Images of the constellation show the scales are balanced. They are not, if you look clearly at the constellation, how the hell can they get that array into perfect balance?

The scales are not balanced and yet a lot of images about Libra portray them as being in balance. (I wonder why that is? Perhaps to deceive people into thinking that justice prevails? or that there is some kind of balance, a higher reasoning?) The scales are definitely not in balance.

www.davidmalin.com...
edit on 13/12/2012 by Thurisaz because: oh maybe I have posted this in the wrong section? = astronomy section instead? oh well, move it if so.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I'm a Libra, and I most certainly am not balanced. As long as we are flesh and blood, as long as we feel pain and fear, and can be coerced and bullied and taken advantage of, there will never be balance. Humanity as flesh and blood beings were set up for failure, in my opinion. If we felt no pain or fear, if we could not be damaged, raped, tortured or starved, no one could control us ever again.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
I'm a Libra, and I most certainly am not balanced.

As long as we are flesh and blood, as long as we feel pain and fear, and can be coerced and bullied and taken advantage of, there will never be balance. Humanity as flesh and blood beings were set up for failure, in my opinion.

why do you think humanity was set up for failure? Perhaps it is because human nature is corrupt to begin with?

If we felt no pain or fear, if we could not be damaged, raped, tortured or starved, no one could control us ever again.

so your suggesting we need the evil to happen for control? It is a shame really, that humans are so barbaric and ready to kill each other and other species. How is that necessary for life?

I feel that there is something inherently wrong with our species. Seems to be a default instinct within us that is violent.
edit on 13/12/2012 by Thurisaz because: to add

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

What is seen in life is diverse. It has everything. You are given everything. But humans only want the good stuff. They believe in good and bad and want only good. Life provides everything.
Humans say 'it is not good enough', it 'should' be better.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I respect your viewpoint but I disagree. People have often said that we evolve and learn = that is life and that is what we are here for.

The depraved crimes that humans do, how can that have anything to do with evolution?

2000 years ago, people were being publicly killed for entertainment. In these times, depravity still goes on, but in other ways.

The level of violence is shocking... how can that benefit anyone?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Life is diverse. The movie that is seen (maya) is full of everything. But you would rather have it different and that is the human condition of suffering.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Yet most men love to watch it on the tv screen.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Life is diverse. The movie that is seen (maya) is full of everything. But you would rather have it different and that is the human condition of suffering.

Are you suggesting that I would rather have the human condition of suffering????

Humans are violent, the crimes and depravity we see today, I don't accept it. Some people find some new age hippie garbage to believe in so they can ignore the horrors and just say, "oh, that is the absolute of life, that is everything"

It isn't. That is the problem, too many people accept these things as part of life and I believe, that is a form of dissociation and denial.

that is like living your life wearing rose colored glasses....

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

oh yes, but I am not sexist, both sexes watch violence on tv, movies... so the violence has changed. It is still there but produced in a different manner so from that I feel that humans have not evolved at all. The desire for violence is still there.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
The truth is so obvious. Yet people refuse to listen. Perhaps they are afraid of change? Peace is a feeling. Feelings and beliefs determine how the world you see is perceived. You believe in what is subjective, so you miss the truth. Peace is when you are unaffected by the world, but the world you interpret is affected by you.

The real cause of suffering is hate. The cause of hate is when things do not conform to your ideals. Hate causes war. So reverse the paradigm that you currently live in where you believe war causes your hate. Without ideals, there can be no hate, and without the belief that subjective things like good and evil are absolute, there will be no ideals.

The only absolute is that everything that is just is. Everything else is subjective. Let everything you see be seen as a fabrication of your mind. Don't let everything you see fabricate your mind. Then you can't be free. I speak the truth. My intentions are not to be glorified. I am writing this because I believe I can help you see the truth that can end all your suffering. This is the truth that can end your suffering.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

You are reading too much into the star sign.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

why do you think humanity was set up for failure? Perhaps it is because human nature is corrupt to begin with?

Take a good look around. Theft, murder, rape, torture, manipulation and lies upon lies for personal gain and control. And it has been that way since the beginning. Nothing has changed.

so your suggesting we need the evil to happen for control? It is a shame really, that humans are so barbaric and ready to kill each other and other species. How is that necessary for life?

No, I am not suggesting that at all. What I am saying is, so long as we CAN be manipulated and controlled, whether by lies, pain, fear, and/or humiliation, there will always be those who are perfectly willing to engage in such methods to get what they want. Not everyone is evil, but the ones who are get themselves into positions of power, because they are willing to do whatever it takes. And now we live in a world owned and run by such people. We always have been. Maybe we always will be.

I feel that there is something inherently wrong with our species. Seems to be a default instinct within us that is violent.
edit on 13/12/2012 by Thurisaz because: to add

You have to ask yourself what violence is? To me, it seems a means to an end. One of many. And as I said, the inherent flaw in humanity is that we are flesh and blood, we feel pain, we feel fear, and we fear death and the unknown. Take their ability to do those things to us away, and suddenly they are powerless. But we would need to be something like pure energy. As I understand it, a spiritual being. But I am living in a fantasy world, I think.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

facts are not a matter of perception. The truth is factual.

It maybe debated or anaylsed but the fact is, crimes are committed and wars are happening around the world.

there is an increase in the level of crime and the nature of those crimes are far more sinister, I feel that the more we have evolved the more evil we have become.

I understand what your saying about inner peace and the individuals perspective about things, but that is another form of denial. A way of reducing the true reality so the individual can function and be happy and yes, that can have an effect.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

You are reading too much into the star sign.

Hi, no I am not. The only thing I have done is pose the question of balance with respect to the constellation and our World.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I believe in unconditional love. That is, love that is not conditioned by my ideals. Love that doesn't need to judge first before loving. This love sees that things just are and this love allows me to unconditionally enjoy the show of life. This unconditional love allows me to learn about things that are beyond my pre conditioning, and indeed beyond what has been falsely attributed to be "the normal human experience". But I don't rest on love. I rest on truth because truth is a reminder that the world that I might fall into seeing through ideals and judgements is not the world that is. The world of truth is the world that is. It's truth is that it is. And truth can't be anything except is. That reminds me, better than a past experience of divine love, that judgments are false. That truth is always here and it is always true. So I can always count on it. It will always bring me away from confusion and thus the chaos and suffering of the past.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Are you suggesting that I would rather have the human condition of suffering????

No, i am saying that if you disagree with 'what is' you are suffering from the human condition.
You are suffering.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
But we would need to be something like pure energy. As I understand it, a spiritual being. But I am living in a fantasy world, I think.

Some people refer to that as the higher self. If that ideal is then a fantasy world, then I am there also.

the fantasy is what we desire, I wonder how many people actually desire the same thing? But they remain quiet and accept the attrocities because they believe that they cannot change it or they just put their desires into a category of a fantasy and never ever strive to achieve it or make it happen.

fantasies are generally out of reach, perhaps that is where the failure stems from? but perhaps, we are taught from a young age that our ideals are a fantasty and are out of reach and so, we accept that too and never try to obtain them/succeed?

edit on 13/12/2012 by Thurisaz because: grammar

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

reply to post by smithjustinb

I feel that the more we have evolved the more evil we have become.

Interesting. I wonder. What is your definition of our "evolving". It wouldn't be something along the lines of, "the progression of humanity through the acquisition of knowledge and technological ability" would it? And would this be an ideal to pursue? This "knowledge"? So what do you think of those without this" knowledge". Are they "inferior"?

Would you say that it's common knowledge that, "ice is cold"? I'm also curious; how "big" are ants?

I'm just trying to get an understanding of what exactly you "know" to be true.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

No, i am saying that if you disagree with 'what is' you are suffering from the human condition.
You are suffering.

I understand, thankyou. I am suffering. I feel very upset about all of the horrible things that happen around the World so what you have explained is true.

I just can't accept the horrors of the World... and I get angry with the new age hype that somehow gets us to a better mental state without changing any of the things. I see these ideals to be nothing more than bandaids.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

You are suffering.

I understand, thankyou. I am suffering. I feel very upset about all of the horrible things that happen around the World so what you have explained is true.

I just can't accept the horrors of the World... and I get angry with the new age hype that somehow gets us to a better mental state without changing any of the things. I see these ideals to be nothing more than bandaids.

Yes, it is unacceptence that causes all the suffering.
It is you that feels upset and when one feels upset, that upset is poured on to the world.
You can only ever cure your upset - you cannot cure the world.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join

Help ATS Recover with your Donation.
read more: Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution