It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-35

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
No links, just some comments.

The lifetime cost, according to KPMG is going to be CAD47billion, for around 50 planes.

The up-front cost is around $100 million.

The backend cost is around $1,000 million

per plane.

Conspiracy theory says to me, its my children's parents, me! Who are agreeing to this, rape. When did new-borns agree to become fodder for military-industrialists who are lining their pockets, at the expense of the babies of the future?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
What? Not even a pic? Pic or it didn't happen!

As I understood it, these were shelved in the planning stage because we didn't need them and then we went to war with people who live in caves and we just had to have them.

Same with the new subs, same with the new aircraft carrier. We need them to fight the war on terror that comes from people living in caves.

The logic escapes me, always has.

GREED is the new religion.

I still want a pic! Make it a sexy one

P

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by surfin4it

That had better be sub-orbital at that price and I'm NOT kidding. It better be at that, just for starters.

I don't know what they figure makes an airplane worth 100 million dollars but this taxpayer says nothing designed to do battle...and as part of that, perhaps be LOST in battle....should cost anything even remotely close to that unless it's capabilities FAR FAR exceed what the public knows about.

This cost garbage has gotten so far beyond logical, people don't even question it anymore. It's not even a question to look at the physical thing and ask what could possibly be within that aircraft worth THAT much to produce? Ummm... Logic test fail in my mind...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
1.1 billion, for 1 plane.

sounds like somebody is getting stroked.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Canada just cancelled their contract to buy F-35s. Canada are looking for something cheaper like the F-18. Which they already have a number of.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I heard in th e public media that the US AF just bought a #load today.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

They're similar but not the same.

in fact, like a mustang and a cobra, if TBTB agree with me.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Still better than all that money wasted on the rusty helicopters. At least the F35s have some nifty features... And they look cool.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I see creep of credibility, like what happened in the tech bubble in the 90s.

Canadian politicians are not technologists.

They want to be on board with USHS crap, and buddy, buddy with the flyboys of USAF.

No person is responsible, for my tax dollars anymore.

ESAD, is what I say to the politicos.

You have fired all the people who can keep the beans counted.

Now, I will not give you my beans.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfin4it
No links, just some comments.

The lifetime cost, according to KPMG is going to be CAD47billion, for around 50 planes.

The up-front cost is around $100 million.

The backend cost is around $1,000 million

per plane.

Conspiracy theory says to me, its my children's parents, me! Who are agreeing to this, rape. When did new-borns agree to become fodder for military-industrialists who are lining their pockets, at the expense of the babies of the future?

I think weapons should be used more often on the factories that create them and the people who make money from this industry. Traitors against humanity

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

No, they haven't, they're going to examine other aircraft, but they aren't canceling the F-35 until after they complete their investigation of other replacements.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by surfin4it

Where did you come up with that figure? It's not going to be anywhere near $1.1B per aircraft. The cost has been dropping as the program goes on, but right now the final flyaway cost is between $89M and $200M per aircraft. Right now it's in the $154M range, but it's changing yearly as the program matures.

The CF-35A total cost is estimated at being C$45.802B based on a 42 year life span for the entire program. That's significantly less than $1.1B per aircraft. Total cost based on that estimate comes out to the $700M per aircraft range. That's for the entire life cycle of the plane.
edit on 12/13/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's designed to do many missions, and survive. The RAM coating adds a lot to price, and this is the most advanced RAM coating ever put on a plane. It's designed for very easy maintenance on the flightline without specialty tools that have to be in a shop to use.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Heres a video that was recently uploaded regarding this issue, gotta love Moxnews!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The LRIP 5 price, for 32 aircraft, was $107M per aircraft, minus engine, which is being negotiated separately. LRIP 4 was $111.6M per aircraft for 32 aircraft. That's down about 4%, which is the average drop per LRIP. That's for the F-35A, which is what Canada was going to buy.

$1.1B per aircraft.....Yeah, whatever. You really should check sources first.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

The LRIP 5 price, for 32 aircraft, was $107M per aircraft, minus engine, which is being negotiated separately. LRIP 4 was $111.6M per aircraft for 32 aircraft. That's down about 4%, which is the average drop per LRIP. That's for the F-35A, which is what Canada was going to buy.

$1.1B per aircraft.....Yeah, whatever. You really should check sources first.
amen brother.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Perhaps you should read what the OP read instead of skimming and replying. The OP quoted the purchase price and the price over the life of the aircraft, but you did not read that bit did you.

P

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

And perhaps you should have read my earlier reply, where I quoted the cost of the total life cycle of the airframe, at 42 years being closer to $700M than $1.1B. The $1.1B figure is old, as the cost of the plane has dropped as the program has matured. That was also based on a 50 aircraft purchase, but the original buy for the Canadian program was for 65, not 50. The more you buy, the lower the costs go. But I guess people aren't interested in that little fact are they?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

And perhaps you should have read my earlier reply, where I quoted the cost of the total life cycle of the airframe, at 42 years being closer to $700M than $1.1B. The $1.1B figure is old, as the cost of the plane has dropped as the program has matured. That was also based on a 50 aircraft purchase, but the original buy for the Canadian program was for 65, not 50. The more you buy, the lower the costs go. But I guess people aren't interested in that little fact are they?

Yes, I did read that. It is still $45B dollars. That money could be spent on Mental health, education or a hundred other areas rather than putting it into the greedy hands of the war mongering industrial complex.

If you were a student of history you would also know that once the contracts are signed in the blood of the innocent, these costs increase rather dramatically due to 'unforeseen' cost overruns.

Who the hell is Canada expecting to fight that she needs 65 F35s. The gates of hell perhaps!

In reality this is just POTUS and the Canadian PM in bed together! (metaphorically speaking)

P

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

And just about anything else they buy is going to probably be in the $25-30B range at a minimum. At least with the F-35 you have an aircraft that will be relevant for a long time to come, and survivable for many years.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join