It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Firm Develops FIRST EVER "Quantum Stealth" Military Cloak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Maple Ridge firm creates invisibility cloak

metronews.ca...
December 13, 2012

Maple Ridge-based HyperStealth Biotechnology Corp. has claimed to have developed a fabric that creates an illusion of invisibility by bending light around a person or object.

The fabric is being called “Quantum Stealth.”

Guy Cramer, President and CEO of HyperStealth, said that there have been similar inventions over the years but his is the only one with a 360-degree view.

He said he isn’t able to discuss details or do demonstrations of Quantum Stealth for security reasons, but claims several military groups in Canada and the U.S. have expressed interest.

“We’ve also got a countermeasure for the device to be able to detect it,” said Cramer.

“It [costs] about $100 to $200 per soldier which is about what their uniforms are costing them right now.”

Only mockup photos are currently available to the general public.

Colin Worth, a recently retired RCMP officer, said he went to Ottawa with Cramer to demonstrate Quantum Stealth in front of the Canadian Armed Forces.

“I don’t have a vested interest in the company or the technology, but I’ve seen it work,” said Worth.

“The stumbling block last time I talked to Guy was how does he make it big enough and how does he make it portable enough to work in a real life situation?”

Worth said that he signed a secrecy and confidentiality agreement so he isn’t able to give any details, but said “stuff just seems to disappear. It’s weird the way it works but it does work.”

Bill Jarvis, a retired Navy Seal, also said he has seen the fabric work at U.S. Military Command meetings.

Cramer said that he would consider marketing Quantum Stealth to the general public only if the military allowed him to do so.

Well, there you have it...nano technology at it's finest and now we can definitely see the coming of future warfare!

indiatoday.intoday.in...

"Two separate command groups within the US Military and two separate Canadian Military groups as well as Federal Emergency Response Team ( Counter Terrorism) have seen the actual material so they could verify that I was not just manipulating video or photo results," Cramer said.

"These groups now know that it works and does so without cameras, batteries, lights or mirrors...It is lightweight and quite inexpensive. Both the US and Canadian military have confirmed that it also works against military IR scopes and Thermal Optics," he said.

Cramer said, in a statement on the company website, that he cannot disclose any details about how his remarkable fabric bends light around its wearer. Instead he gives examples of how it might be used.
He says the fabric would be invaluable to pilots forced to eject over enemy terrain and evade capture, it would allow special forces teams to carry out raids in broad daylight without detection.
The fabric could also enable the creation of the next generation of stealth aircraft, invisible not only to radar but also the naked eye, and it would enable submarines to remain concealed even when they surface near an enemy fleet, he said.

Cramer imagines a group of Canadian battle tanks decked out with Quantum Stealth camouflage that could engage an enemy unit with no signs of their location except the sound of their engines and guns.

"As news spreads of an invisible Canadian army which can move without detection, the psychological effect on the enemy is devastating, they never know when or even if this invisible army has them targeted or surrounded.

"How can you hit a target you cannot see, how do you defend from the invisible?" he said.

vancouver.24hrs.ca...

www.smartplanet.com...

edit on 13-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
All you're seeing is PICTURES, edited in something like photoshop, I wanna see a video to see how it REALLY WORKS?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Those pictures are all mock ups. They will not release any info on the tech. It seems to me they are just pushing for investor funds right now probably, and they needed some media attention.

Story made it to BAN a day or two ago.

(I am not suggesting closing this thread btw, as two threads on the same topic are allowed, one in BAN and one in other forums.)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Worth said that he signed a secrecy and confidentiality agreement so he isn’t able to give any details, but said “stuff just seems to disappear. It’s weird the way it works but it does work.”

Wahhh! I want to know how it works NOW! I don't understand how it can show things behind the cloak, but if a person is behind the cloak it doesn't show the person? The only explanation for that would seem to be that there is a camera behind the person and the image is projected on the screen in a holographic way, making it work when viewed from any angle. But then that still doesn't explain the one where the girl is laying on the grass with it covering her body, because it's clearly dark underneath the cloak, yet the image on the cloak is bright grass which matched the other grass. Unless the camera has been placed in a position where it is capturing a portion of sunlit grass, and not the actual grass underneath her, but it still blends in enough to create the illusion of near-invisibility.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Those pictures are all mock ups. They will not release any info on the tech.

Ahh well ok, that may help explain some of my confusion. The thoughts in my last post are pretty useless until we can see this stuff really in action.

EDIT: And they also appear to be saying it doesn't use cameras or mirrors. If those pictures are representative of how it actually works, my mind is completely baffled by the mechanism behind it.
edit on 13/12/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
this tech is older than this...and it does work....it bends light....

this is the japanese version......the pics are quite real.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by plube

this tech is older than this...and it does work....it bends light....

They say in that video it uses a camera and projector... it's completely different technology.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
the guys a douche bag. i think its a load of crock to get publicity for his company and to get people and militaries to purchase his other products.

not a bad sales pitch, buy a bulk order of a million of my other camo pattern uniforms and i'll consider putting you on a top secret waiting list for the quantum stealth cloak.

he might even send you an email update, in 5-10 years.

when you call him on his b.s., you'll get the customary for "national security reasons" he wont be able to hold his end of the bargain.

and then he says he might sell it to the public, if the military allows it. last time i checked, canuckistan is a semi-free country.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

You don't necessarily need cameras I guess. Like the use of fiber optics to 'transport' or 're-direct' light. One-way mirrors work too. Or that maybe one product of this whole new nano carbon tech out there.

Well, it's not all just goody-goody warfare either. People are gonna be hiding dead bodies in public in broad daylight now. Something tells me the "Missing people department" is gonna need a bigger posting board. x)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

As a member of ATS you should know better. There are 2 kinds of freedom. Hypothetical freedom and Practical freedom. Canada, being close to the USA is hypothetically quite free.

However in practice, both Canada and the USA are as tied up as any other country in the world. :-)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Even more odd - the statement about IR not showing through...you know that can't be true, right?

The wearer's body heat has to go somewhere. Even if you use reflective mylar to mask an IR signature when you're in the field, the mylar eventually starts to warm up and then it shows as a dim blob instead of a brighter person-shaped image, but given time, it's unmistakable that you've got someone in the grass with a mylar lined ghillie.

This magic cloak won't stay some isothermal temperature - if it does you could spot THAT - it's going to assume the temp of its surroundings. And that will, eventually, include the guy's body heat, or that of the tank, car, or whatnot that's close behind it or wrapped up in it.

I've seen some prototype IR masking stuff you could chuck a tube in a water filled ditch and keep your signature from showing through but it's oddball specialized equipment.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If this really works as well as shown in the pictures; that would be amazing

new topics

top topics

join