It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil War in Michigan over 'right to work'?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The protests in Michigan are pretty heated.

Fox News is outraged that the mainstream media seem to be downplaying the whole thing.

The Koch Brothers are linked to the group that had their tent pulled down. Fox is upset that no 'mainstream' news played this video of conservative comedian, Steven Chowder taking some punches.

Teamster, Hoffa is threatening Civil War over the whole thing.

It seems that protest and counter-protest side by side is a very bad idea. People are getting scared in America. People are getting very angry.

Anyone have an opinion on the 'right to work' stuff? I cant see why the unions are so angry. I guess they know this is pretty much the end for them.

And will we see civil unrest in Michigan over 'right to work'?
www.politico.com...

edit on 13-12-2012 by spangledbanner because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Many are saying that the video is fabricated. Like the whole thing was planned. I wouldnt be surprised really. Fox News are pretty excited over it though.

edit- some are saying that you can see Chowder push the guy. And he got what he deserved. Either way I think Police should try to keep opposing protests seperate so we dont see things get out of hand.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I've been following this and it's real odd how violence follows Union activities like almost no other political gatherings in modern times. Now they openly and proudly threaten civil war? What is going on in these people's heads?? Unity means nothing ...Union? It's a sick parody. The only united thing to the people leading these mammoth organizations is the pursuit of power at any cost.

Plants being shut down? No biggy...it's a mere battle in the war (Unless you happen to have been collateral damage, right?) and right to work is made law? Well...That isn't the first state by ANY means and this isn't a new concept. It's just about time they joined the rest of the states that already DO have this as a reality. Unions don't have their stranglehold. Well....I guess they have to win the support of people then, not simply demand it. That's a free nation, after all.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
When a person holds a sign that is of questionable taste at a tea party rally, it is front page news on MSM.

This story barely gets coverage.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Well this'll be Michigan's second civil war

Toledo War

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I was just thinking how different these types of protests are to OWS. I cant see Union guys pulling out their iphones to video one of their own being assaulted by the Police. And chanting "shame".

If there is any Police Brutality I could see a riot breaking out very quickly.

I think Obama should show some leadership and backbone and try to ease the tensions. He has only made things worse.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

He has only made things worse.

Agreed.

I would say that his words have been mildly inflammatory.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I have a feeling this is, like, a tiny sample of what the whole united states is going to be like when the federal reserve contract ends this month. 2013 is going to be the year the dollar crashes and everyone freaks out.That's probably why the NDAA act passed. I'm getting a little paranoid...........
edit on 13-12-2012 by Donahue because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2012 by Donahue because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Billionares have spent their money to twist this reality against my American neighbors.

Koch, you prick family, take me on. Please try because I think you're cowards and opportunists who prey on the ignorant, which unfortunately is what most Americans are these days.

Come north to Canada you coward bastards, I'll take you on anytime, anywhere.Debate me, you'll lose.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
When it comes to Unions, they've a history of playing any cards they think they have for the cameras.
I wouldn't doubt, or be surprised were some of this staged, purposely instigated for the cameras, or used as an opportunity to be over dramatic for the cameras.

Civil War?
I doubt it.
Protests, sure, but, I'm fairly certain there's going to be no organized armies of people with firearms, or demands made by forcible take over of any government buildings.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spangledbanner

There's no evidence that these "right-to-work" laws do any good for anybody aside the bosses and CEO's of many of these businesses. Personally I don't think anybody should be forced to join a Union, but at the same time I don't think anybody should have the right to be singled out because they joined a Union, which is what these laws seem to do.

Unionized workers make up what? A total of 7% of the workforce in America? Unions are a fraction of the influence they've had and they continue to decline in influence dramatically, while income disparity continues to increase. What's going to happen once you weed out the final 7%? Seems like nothing much good has come out of killing off the unions over the last few decades. Compare how well of folks were back in the 70's when Unions were more prevalent as compared to today.

By the way, I'm not part of a Union myself, chose not to join one, but regardless, many of the Union folks I've met, Union leaders, seem to be down to earth. People love to point towards the negative actions of Unions in the past, as if corporations and private business hasn't had a negative history before?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

If unions have so much to offer workers.....

What do they fear from a law that would allow workers to choose not to join a union?

Workers should be jumping at the chance to join a union, yet the unions only make up 7% of the work force. 7%? They must have a lot to offer, eh????

Imagine it, a law that says you don't have to join the 'club' to work at a job.... Just because the 'club' says you have to. It almost seems that the Constitution would have granted this right!

edit on 13-12-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

It has nothing to do with are unions "good or bad" .. it's whether or not someone should be forced into a union in order to perform certain jobs. "Right to work" simply means non-union paying workers can perform jobs previously restricted to unions. The whole union-blocking jobs thing is a remnant of the mafia days when Unions were (are?) organized crime. The only thing right to work does is remove the Unions extortion ability. My whole family is union, my wife is union .. unions are good. They are also bad. I think if I drew up a pro-con sheet it would be pretty equal.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I hope they burn Lansing to the ground. I'm sick of watching everything my grandparents fought and worked get taken away.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Besides the issue of the fact that certain people have to join the union, no choice, I take issue with how much money they donate to political parties. If you google the top ten campaign funders for this year, you will see how many top contributers are unions. Yeah, no personal interest there

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Look what the Unions have done to the kids, and some of these teachers are going on a 'sick out' over this legislation?

cnsnews.com...

CNSNews.com) - In the public schools in Detroit, Mich., according to the U.S. Department of Education, only 7 percent of the eighth graders are grade-level proficient or better in reading.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

Look what the Unions have done to the kids

Oh, what do you mean, they've done a bang-up job.

A lot of the kids that do graduate high school find that they have to take remedial courses when they start college... Since they are not prepared for it by their fine high school education.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by spangledbanner
The protests in Michigan are pretty heated.

Fox News is outraged that the mainstream media seem to be downplaying the whole thing.

The Koch Brothers are linked to the group that had their tent pulled down. Fox is upset that no 'mainstream' news played this video of conservative comedian, Steven Chowder taking some punches.

Teamster, Hoffa is threatening Civil War over the whole thing.

It seems that protest and counter-protest side by side is a very bad idea. People are getting scared in America. People are getting very angry.

Anyone have an opinion on the 'right to work' stuff? I cant see why the unions are so angry. I guess they know this is pretty much the end for them.

And will we see civil unrest in Michigan over 'right to work'?
www.politico.com...

Just an FYI - That video was heavily edited by Fox News. The guy who threw the punch was shoved to the ground before he threw the punch at Crowder....and the raw footage looks as if it could have been Crowder who shoved him to the ground.

Raw Footage here before fox editing it for rebroadcast and Hannity etc. You can see what they edited out. The man was shoved to the ground and Crowder was over him and it sure looks like Crowders hands are comming back up from shoving the guy to the ground. And Crowder immediately takes an offensive stance as if he knows whats comming...he shoved the guy down.

Second video down on this page...compare to the 37 mark on the fox video you posted. The guy was shoved to the ground by Crowder.

thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

When it comes to Unions, they've a history of playing any cards they think they have for the cameras.
I wouldn't doubt, or be surprised were some of this staged, purposely instigated for the cameras, or used as an opportunity to be over dramatic for the cameras.

Civil War?
I doubt it.
Protests, sure, but, I'm fairly certain there's going to be no organized armies of people with firearms, or demands made by forcible take over of any government buildings.

Exactly. Just like small-_____ed hitmen with no other career possibilities.

It's so predicatable, the only astonishing this is how the public, en masse, hasn't figured it out.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
There's a civil war?

I thought the labor movement got a knife in the back and now they're upset and protesting.

I did not realize there was a call to arms with full on conflict as a result.
How many people have been killed so far?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join