It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio Transmission By F-15's Pilots Who See A "UFO" like a "Rock" floating at 17,000 feet...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This amazing transmission came from military pilots sent to investigate and intercept a UFO above RAF Lakenheat in England. This particular event remember me a confession by two friends (Tornado NATO Pilots in 1997) that intercept a big UFO (30 meters in diameter) above the Thyrrenian Sea.

Edit: The video is unrelated to the event in the radio transmission

edit on 13-12-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
The radio transmission are interesting. Even though the video is unrelated, probably one of the best flight footage videos I've seen as well...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Disregard dude, had my facts wrong.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Perhaps because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Old topic is old

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

search is your friend

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
The radio transmission are interesting. Even though the video is unrelated, probably one of the best flight footage videos I've seen as well...

Yes boncho. absolutely exact. The video is unrelated to the event in the radio transmission

edit the Op.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
No comment on the authenticity...could well be some Airforce chatter pasted together in Audible for all we know however:

You do see US millitary Aircraft relatively regularily in the UK...although I've never seen an F15 outside an airshow.
(Recently got "targetted" by an Apache whilst doing 70 MPH down the A1...it appeared from behind a hill , tracked my course whist strafing sideways , then dissapeared LOL...)

You can hear training flight millitary communications using civillian radios.

Still think its more likely to be Humans or indigenous "Aliens" than ET aliens but interesting nonetheless.

Edit: see old posts: Was a "Baloon" or it simply "didnt happen" -depending upon which truth you accept.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've listened to it twice now...

they don't sound Like RAF... Sound more like American pilots to me???

Just saying I'm not hearing any of those uniquely Brit phrases in their radio chatter I'm use to hearing...

BTW Normally military radio traffic is digitally encrypted- --could be they were coordinating with civilian traffic control?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jukiodone
No comment on the authenticity...could well be some Airforce chatter pasted together in Audible for all we know however:

You do see US millitary Aircraft relatively regularily in the UK...although I've never seen an F15 outside an airshow.
(Recently got "targetted" by an Apache whilst doing 70 MPH down the A1...it appeared from behind a hill , tracked my course whist strafing sideways , then dissapeared LOL...)

Still think its more likely to be Humans or indigenous "Aliens" than ET aliens but interesting nonetheless.

Edit: see old posts: Was a "Baloon" or it simply "didnt happen" -depending upon which truth you accept.

I thought that modern Air Forces digitally encrypt their communications? Or is the encrption only done during actual military operations? I do find it hard to believe that civilians can eavesdrop on this communication.

The accents of the pilots sounds American to me but I'm sure there are still USAF pilots who are occasionally based in the UK.

I thought the dialog sometimes seemed too descriptive and elaborate for real military radio comms, but that is just based on the little I know.

In any case, I'm sure that such encounters do occur but I'm a little doubtful of the authenticity of this alleged recording.

edit on 13-12-2012 by bluestreak53 because: Change "encode" to "encypt" as latter term is more accurate and descriptive.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just FYI, The F-15s in question are/were stationed at RAF Lakenheath about 26 miles from Cambridge. It is a USAF installation. When I was stationed there, the F-111s were on their way out and the F-15's were coming in. There are numerous USAF installations throughout England.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by Jukiodone

I thought that modern Air Forces digitally encrypt their communications? Or is the encrption only done during actual military operations? I do find it hard to believe that civilians can eavesdrop on this communication.

The accents of the pilots sounds American to me but I'm sure there are still USAF pilots who are occasionally based in the UK.

I thought the dialog sometimes seemed too descriptive and elaborate for real military radio comms, but that is just based on the little I know.

In any case, I'm sure that such encounters do occur but I'm a little doubtful of the authenticity of this alleged recording.

edit on 13-12-2012 by bluestreak53 because: Change "encode" to "encypt" as latter term is more accurate and descriptive.

I have heard military transmission without encryption they have line that they don't encrypt but it is kinda rare now days

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by paraclete1

Thanks,

I guess its the USAF 48th Fighter Wing that is stationed at RAF Lakenheath. And it has F-15Cs and F-15Es in that unit, so it makes sense that pilots would have an American accent if the audio recording is authentic.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity
I have heard military transmission without encryption they have line that they don't encrypt but it is kinda rare now days

Thanks for that info.

I guess they would need an un-encrypted channel (or ability to disable encryption) to allow them to communicate with non-military aircraft and (obviously) civilian airport ground control. But I would figure in most circumstances they would want to communicate using encrypted comms in normal aircraft to aircraft and aircraft to military ground control ops, right?

So I figure this might also suggest the audio recording is fake/a hoax.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Exxxxxcellent. I remember this one. Dancing with the stars. These fly boys don't break for "swamp gas". Too bad we don't have the gun camera footage when they call "bingo". Never will either. The only reason this is in the public record is because it was captured by a third party on the ground (ham operator).

Love the distortion effects each time they make a visual pass. This is not a hoax. Anyone who knows a little about radio jargon can tell you these guys are really interacting with something they don't understand. Both pilots in turn engage the object and make several passes at it. On the last one its gone.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Exxxxxcellent. I remember this one. Dancing with the stars. These fly boys don't break for "swamp gas". Too bad we don't have the gun camera footage when they call "bingo". Never will either. The only reason this is in the public record is because it was captured by a third party on the ground (ham operator).

Love the distortion effects each time they make a visual pass. This is not a hoax. Anyone who knows a little about radio jargon can tell you these guys are really interacting with something they don't understand. Both pilots in turn engage the object and make several passes at it. On the last one its gone.

Since you "know" that this is not a hoax, perhaps you can be so kind as to provide the following information on this incident:

1) Name of the ham operator who captured the pilot radio transmissions
2) Names of the two pilots involved
3) Date and time of the incident
4) Any other factual information that might corroborate the "incident" as authentic and not a hoax/dramatization

Without that sort of information, we have no reason to think this is anything more than someone's dramatization.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

Sure, if you explain yourself.

Modern tactical fighter wings (especially the F 15) have a variety of communications capabilities including Civilian air traffic control, Marine and other navies, satellite, scramblers, jammers, etc, etc. Who can't they talk too?

"based on the little you know", could you say what makes you doubtful? Could you point out the parts that don't sound like authentic radio jargon? Especially the "too elaborate" and "for real military radio 'comms' "?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

"based on the little you know", could you say what makes you doubtful? Could you point out the parts that don't sound like authentic radio jargon? Especially the "too elaborate" and "for real military radio 'comms' "?

I'm only going by my recall of aircraft radio transcripts, but it seems to me, that much of the radio exchanges in the recording are much more verbose than typical real military and civilian aircraft radio exchanges.

edit on 13-12-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

I don't know what you mean by verbose... it wasn't actual combat. Here's a bit from '89 over the Mediterranean. This one is combat. There are three parties. The one calling "Angels" is ground control directing the two F 14s. You also hear the pilots and their "rears" as they each engage a Mig. For a moment at the end you can see one of the Migs in the special TV camera set up they had to record the action. All fighters have this capability (for after action review). The Mig in view is doing radical evasive maneuvers miles ahead of the chasing Tomcat.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Since you "know" that this is not a hoax, perhaps you can be so kind as to provide the following information on this incident:

1) Name of the ham operator who captured the pilot radio transmissions
2) Names of the two pilots involved
3) Date and time of the incident
4) Any other factual information that might corroborate the "incident" as authentic and not a hoax/dramatization

Without that sort of information, we have no reason to think this is anything more than someone's dramatization.

So you have no response to my questions? I did an Internet search for more info on this incident and it appears that NOTHING is known about this audio recording.

For all we know, it could just be a totally imaginary script OR a deliberate hoax.

If it isn't a hoax, it might as well be, since there seems to exist NO CORROBORATING information on this alleged incident.

If you look through the previous thread, you see there seemed to be lots of interest in this and people who were trying to obtain more info via FOIAs. They found nothing.

When someone says, they "know" this is not a hoax, usually they base that knowledge on facts.
It appears that isn't the case here.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I did an Internet search for more info on this incident and it appears that NOTHING is known about this audio recording.

For all we know, it could just be a totally imaginary script OR a deliberate hoax.

If it isn't a hoax, it might as well be, since there seems to exist NO CORROBORATING information on this alleged incident.

If you look through the previous thread, you see there seemed to be lots of interest in this and people who were trying to obtain more info via FOIAs. They found nothing.

If you look through the previous threads, you will see that I have previously posted (repeatedly) links to further information - including links to Ministry Of Defence documentation and issues 9 and 10 of the "UFO Data" magazine which included material on this recording.

I perfectly understand (and commend) your skepticism about an audio file of unknown provenance. There are a number of hoaxed audio recordings that have been doing the rounds on the Internet for several years.

In the present instance, however, I think it is rather important to note that queries about the audio recording were raised with the British Ministry of Defence and that the Ministry confirmed the details of the incident with one of the pilots involved.

I have previously posted links to a relevant British Ministry of Defence memo dated 22 March 2007 which is important to the points made regarding whether the audio recording is credible or not. The author of the Ministry of Defence memo, a member of the Defence Flying Complaints Investigation Team, spoke with LATCC(Mil) on 7 March 2007 and with the pilot with the call sign (c/s) of GATOR 2 [493rd FS, 48th FW, RAF Lakenheath] on 20 March 2007. The pilot confirmed that he had seen an object. He reported that the object had been "drifting with the wind" and was "between the size of a grapefruit and a soccer ball". After 3 passes, the object was dismissed as something that "may have fallen off a weather balloon".
edit on 14-12-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

I did an Internet search for more info on this incident and it appears that NOTHING is known about this audio recording.

If you look through the previous threads, you will see that I have previously posted (repeatedly) links to further information - including links to Ministry Of Defence documentation and issues 9 and 10 of the "UFO Data" magazine which included material on this recording.

I perfectly understand (and commend) your skepticism about an audio file of unknown provenance. There are a number of hoaxed audio recordings that have been doing the rounds on the Internet for several years.

In the present instance, however, I think it is rather important to note that queries about the audio recording were raised with the British Ministry of Defence and that the Ministry confirmed the details of the incident with one of the pilots involved.

I have previously posted links to a relevant British Ministry of Defence memo dated 22 March 2007 which is important to the points made regarding whether the audio recording is credible or not. The author of the Ministry of Defence memo, a member of the Defence Flying Complaints Investigation Team, spoke with LATCC(Mil) on 7 March 2007 and with the pilot with the call sign (c/s) of GATOR 2 [493rd FS, 48th FW, RAF Lakenheath] on 20 March 2007. The pilot confirmed that he had seen an object. He reported that the object had been "drifting with the wind" and was "between the size of a grapefruit and a soccer ball". After 3 passes, the object was dismissed as something that "may have fallen off a weather balloon".
edit on 14-12-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

Thanks IsaacKoi. I wasn't able to locate any relevant supporting data in my search and no one else seemed to have any knowledge of factual information concerning the recording. So the pilots saw the object on a regular training flight? Kind of weird that they say "it could have fallen off a weather balloon". Its a small size for sure and drifting with the wind implies it might BE a balloon. You would think if it was a balloon, that the pilots would have discovered that early on - like wouldn't it get really buffeted around in their jet wash?

I did have one sighting of a fairly small sphere-shaped UFO. Initially travelling extremely fast (about one or two thousand miles per hour), suddenly decelerating to a complete stop in the blink of an eye. It then hovered motionless while a jet passed underneath and remained in one spot for about five minutes, allowing me time to get my binoculars and observe it closely. And lastly, it just sort of seemed to "drift off", as if it decided to "act like a balloon.

Anyways, thanks again for the information.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join