It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of people saw glowing object over Cape Town South Africa last night

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Funny I think Phage is John Lithgow.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Big meteor shower on the east coast of the US last night. I was too lazy to get up and go outside. Oh well.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

I've watched these rockets take off from Wallups Island here in Va and the seperation stage is not a half hour after blast off its minutes after. If this launched at 8 then the seperation stage would have been about 8:05 not 8:30 over Cape Town. Timing does not add up sorry.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

I've watched these rockets take off from Wallups Island here in Va and the seperation stage is not a half hour after blast off its minutes after. If this launched at 8 then the seperation stage would have been about 8:05 not 8:30 over Cape Town. Timing does not add up sorry.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Thanks for that Update . May be you are right .

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It looks very strange indeed! I need to read more posts as i have no time now.
But it does look very strange and nothing i've ever seen before in terms of "UFO" pictures and videos all over the internet.

Thanks for the post!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by cookiemonster32

go fox news more poop

Wow, just Wow. Just watched an hour long Horizon project radio interview off of this link. What some people will do to get money to fund their interests. Well, I am a diffusionist and this is even hard for me to believe. Maybe I should join Pennington at that Mayan Festival. It would be interesting down there to join the festival. There is no way they are going to get me to dance either, and this isn't a mask I am wearing

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
My guess would be a stage separation of the North Korean rocket.

No, the stage separation of the North Korean rocket Is over at Korean Sea. Not south Africa.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
Wow the debunkers sure moved quickly to shut this thread down next time I think I will just keep the info to myself.

Good to see members all for the site moto what was that again
oh yes

DENY IGNORANCE.

So you post a question you get some possible answers , then the most likely answer and because it isn't what you want to believe you throw your toys out the pram!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

What else would cause a "puff" of vapor like that other than an explosion of some sort? Is that near the path the Korean satellite took?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by cookiemonster32

go fox news more poop

Wow, just Wow. Just watched an hour long Horizon project radio interview off of this link. What some people will do to get money to fund their interests. Well, I am a diffusionist and this is even hard for me to believe. Maybe I should join Pennington at that Mayan Festival. It would be interesting down there to join the festival. There is no way they are going to get me to dance either, and this isn't a mask I am wearing

sorry ill post you the hour i owe you right away

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Funny how this happened on 12/12/12, the same day when a stargate was supposedly opened to begin the Ascension process.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Good guess... but I think its most likely incorrect. Based on the trajectory that a rocket leaving Pyong Yang would have taken, even if it were on a diagonal path around the earth, it would most likely have been seen in it's crossing near Australia after it's first complete orbital run. Any multistage launch vehicle cast-off-pieces would have been seen either by Alaskans, the Japanese, the Samoans, the Hawaiians, or if headed in the other direction, by the Russians (in Siberia), the Mongolians, or the Chinese.

Now, I'm no expert on rocket technology, but some of the things that affect a launch are wind sheer, and rotation of the earth as it applies to trajectory and control. see: exploration.grc.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
To me, this has all the hallmark appearances of a similar event that occurred in 2009 in Norway.

see: G oogle Search: Wormhole over Norway

Also see: Wikipedia article: Norwegian Spiral Anomaly

Excerpt from Wikipedia article: The Norwegian spiral anomaly of 2009[1] appeared in the night sky over Norway[2] on 9 December 2009. It was visible from, and photographed from, northern Norway and Sweden. The spiral consisted of a blue beam of light with a greyish spiral emanating from one end of it. The light could be seen in all of Trøndelag to the south (the two red counties on the map to the right) and all across the three northern counties which compose Northern Norway,[3] as well as from Northern Sweden[1] and it lasted for 2–3 minutes.[3] According to sources, it looked like a blue light coming from behind a mountain, stopping in mid-air, and starting to spiral outwards.[4][5] A similar, though less spectacular event had also occurred in Norway the month before.[6] Both events had the expected visual features of failed flights of Russian SLBM RSM-56 Bulava missiles,[7][8] and the Russian Defence Ministry acknowledged shortly after that such an event had taken place on 9 December.[9]

The H2 series, Ancient Aliens, covered this event in one of their episodes... I cannot currently remember the exact episode... and it could have been a similar show, but anyway, that was where I picked up on this. That's pretty bizarre though, if these two events are in fact related, because they occurred near-exactly 3 years apart to the day.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Interesting.

Has any legitimate organisation claimed this as their rocket / explosion etc or is it still a UFO.?

It takes too long to read all the thread, if somebody could give a brief update I would be grateful.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Video footage now added of the bright flash and a rapidly moving cloud that was seen from most of the Western Cape around 20:40 (SAST) on 11 December 2012. Lots of people saw it, some thinking it to be a UFO or the doomsday object due to destroy the Earth on 21 December! But patiently waiting at his home, satellite hunter Greg Roberts were waiting for this, the third flight of OTV (Orbital Test Vehicle). And was he surprised to such a spectacular show when both the 2nd stage Centaur rocket and OTV-3 made retro-burns above the Cape Town skies

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-12-2012 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

you dont have to read the whole thread, just read phages posts, that is all one needs to read on this board.

@phage:
, impressive as usual.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by hoeon

Thanks, though I have seen Phage being wrong before, and I am not sheep, I do not blindly follow, nor do I instill false worship, that a lot of posters I have seen on ATS do to certain poster and MODS, all of which I have seen say things that aren't factual, they aren't infallible. The worship of false idols is possibly the worst of all of societies ails and the world would be a far nicer place if people would realise this and seek the truth.

I have found this article in a reputable science site.

www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
phage was also wrong at first in this thread, but he quckly found that out himself and corrected his error.
i have no history of worshipping of any kind but i prefer that kind of attitude of mr.phage compared to the loonies who believe or hope that every unusual light in the sky is an alien visitor.

i believe that there is life out there, if there is an "out there", but after years of absorbing all info on topic, i am convinced we have not been visited yet, and maybe this even is for the better.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join