It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of people saw glowing object over Cape Town South Africa last night

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rufflen
*cough*
www.geeksaresexy.net...
Not to burst bubbles or anything, but we have this every year...

yes I watched a ton of them fall last night, really beautiful some major bright ones!!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

LOL, shades of the norway spiral, here we go again!!!

Also the first thing I thought of when seeing the lovely mist like exhaust

But did the 2nd stage separate close enough to S. Africa to be visible ??

Yes, I know it was at many miles above the earth - and should be widely seen, but...

I can't triangulate the alt/azimuth well enough...

I think the final stage of the missile was the object seen over SA. Not a booster.

edit on 12/13/2012 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by elouina

I just tried to. Launch was at about 0100 UTC which would have been 0300 in Cape Town.
Still looks like a rocket though.

In the video, it's stationary. So it's not a rocket or any ejected part of a rocket launch.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimeLight
reply to post by smurfy

I thought the mystery was still ongoing due to posts like yours, Thank you.

Yes we all like to sleep well at night I understand.

Don't rely too heavily on the mainstream diet though, it isn't always in the interests of Truth.

The million dollar question is why are 'they' launching rockets at the same time meteor showers are expected? They know well enough what's 'up and coming' enough to study closely. You see my Daddy showed me a smackdown is on the horizon, so heads up my little sleepy peeps.
www.mn.uio.no...

Have a nice day all of you and remember to stay tuned to the CNN gospel.

edit on 13-12-2012 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

It says latest research on the Geminids, it also mentions sporadic incomings that they don't know about.
There at least three incoming comet dust storms right through to next year and 2014 is thought to be even bigger, but it ain't a secret.

www.skyandtelescope.com...

Meh, there's other stuff too and current,

spaceweather.com... or you can go to NASA/JPL and so on for the same info, or just stare at the sky and look for something that's going to make a really big 'bermp' and knock all of us... sorry some of us into the 5th dimension. Alternatively, you could try unscrewing your navel to see if your bum falls off, you never know?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

My guess would be a stage separation of the North Korean rocket.

Why does Phage always have to burst our bubble! Life is much more interesting when you open your mind to other possibilities.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

reply to post by drphilxr

Actually, Phage was wrong, and this one was solved by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep on the first page. Here is a second page quote by them, going into much more detail.

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep
Phage, the mystery is solved. Very nice voice clip from a local radio station where a scientist from Sutherland, where our biggest telescopes are, explains it all.

It was an OTV 3, orbital test vehicle. The flares was seen because of reverse burning to get back into orbit.

Link

Everything there, straight from the scientists mouth.

Sorry guys, no ufo here. It is indeed the x37.

edit on 13-12-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

reply to post by elouina

I just tried to. Launch was at about 0100 UTC which would have been 0300 in Cape Town.
Still looks like a rocket though.

In the video, it's stationary. So it's not a rocket or any ejected part of a rocket launch.

It's not stationary if you look closely. Jim Oberg's link has the detail.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Looks like something at great speed came through loud and clear. Perhaps we will soon be meeting our new neighbors? That picture is awesome!

edit on 13-12-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

Space launch.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Interesting, I just looked for this dang thread and it finally pops up after I post about it.

I think it's plane breaking the sonic boom and it's not a UFO.

You can go ahead delete my thread.

edit on 14-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I like how people are still speculating what it is after a logical consensus was reached on pg2. Also like how numerous posters vilify Phage just because his guess turned out to be wrong, and even admitted it. And how even the OP preferred if we never found out it was a rocket.

ATS gets more classy by the day, doesn't it?

I would've never expected that a rocket launched from Florida would be seen in South Africa. I guess you learn something new every...thread?

Here's some more info on the sighting:

The orbit-raising maneuver was first noticed Aug. 14 by amateur skywatcher Greg Roberts of Cape Town, South Africa, when the object failed to appear as predicted by the last known orbit. After several nights of searching, Roberts found it again on Aug. 19, which enabled the new orbit to be estimated with sufficient accuracy to easily locate the X-37B space plane on subsequent nights.

www.space.com...

Also nice google skills vvv

edit on 14-12-2012 by mr10k because: wanted to thank VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep for figuring out what it was

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Sarcastic much? I like to go to the end of a thread and see if it was worth investigating.
Phage was wrong? Surely you jest.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

S & F! That was awesome man and I know it's not other worldly but it is damn interesting. Thanks for posting because if you didn't I wouldn't have seen it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Pish posh, my good man!

My guess would be a stage separation of the North Korean rocket.

reply to post by UltraMarine

The parts would not have fallen in Cape Town. But it was not the North Korean rocket. The timing is wrong.
On the other hand the timing is perfect for the X-37B launch.

And

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
Wow the debunkers sure moved quickly to shut this thread down next time I think I will just keep the info to myself.

Of course you probably have already seen all of that and by that time this post would have been useless :/

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cookiemonster32

go fox news more poop

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Perhaps the X37b is just reaching out to the Koldasians on their most recent visit!

Mulga Koldas!

www.galactic.no...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
Thats funky as. Alot of sightings leading up to the 21st. It might be operation bluebeam.

It might be a unicorn or pink angels too.

But it's far more likely to be something 'normal' don't you think?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

reply to post by UltraMarine

The parts would not have fallen in Cape Town. But it was not the North Korean rocket. The timing is wrong.
On the other hand the timing is perfect for the X-37B launch.

I was going to bring that up myself but I had a feeling if I kept reading through you would have beat me to it ..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
What gets me miffed is that people "experts on a conspiracy website" can look at a tiny speck in the sky that was photographed then do a little google searching and look for something that was launched at a time that fits with their theory nicely then proceed to push this nice neat theory down my throat..... The truth is can people say for 100% certain that,that light in the sky is the 37b or the Korean rocket no they cannot period I don't care how many rockets were launched that day from anywhere in the world ,now in my origional post I did say it was an unidentifed object which is what it is. Don't go fitting it into a nice neat theory and flatly refuse to believe it is anything else if you do then you are a fool ,damn me for saying it but I don't give a toss.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here's a video of the imagery, properly identified, self-delusions not included.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You can see lakes and baseball fields from an airplane. What are you talking about ? You can see farms and roads and the little tiny cars and even people.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join