It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of people saw glowing object over Cape Town South Africa last night

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
lifeissavage.com...
My sister just sent me this link ,hundreds of people witnessed this glowing object that was over Cape Town last night around 20:30 of course this stuff happens to go down when I am out of the country working so looks like I missed a once in a life time experience ,this thing is definitely an unidentified object.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Looks like something at great speed came through loud and clear. Perhaps we will soon be meeting our new neighbors? That picture is awesome!

edit on 13-12-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
look like birds to me

just messing around, im pretty sure you get another chance
to see something like that again

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I certainly hope so I would love to meet someone from not here,yes that pic is incredible you can see the shock waves or something coming off it this is certainly the best footage I have ever seen

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Man, I cannot believe I missed it!

I have the flu, so I was stuck inside... Funny enough, around that time my dog was acting weird, I think he ate something funny, so I took him outside to drink some water. I looked up at the sky and it was such a clear and beautiful evening.. Too bad I didn't stay out to look at the sky like I usually would...

Now I'm sad..

But I'll be watching the sky closely for the next few weeks.

Thanks!

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
My guess would be a stage separation of the North Korean rocket.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Video of object.

Sorry cannot embed.

Also found some witness testimonies. Have a read.

We have received numerous reports from different people that saw the same thing in the Cape Town area last night (11 December 2012). This is the first time we have gotten so many reports on the same UFO. Below are their reports. Can you spot the similarity? All of them saw a “cloud” with a bright light behind it. ——————————————————————-

Place: Cape Town CBD Time and date: 11 December 2012 at 20:30 and 22:30 Submitted by: Deon Report: Cylinder shaped “cloud”. It had a light in the “cockpit”. It made a windy noise that is noticeable but no engine sounds. It moved in a straight line at about twice/three times the speed of a passenger plane in holding pattern. It was seen by two friends in Rondebosch, two family members in Brancenfell and a group of people in Paarl. ——————————————————————–

Place: Brackenfell Time and date: 11 December 2012 at 20:00 Submitted by: Johann Report: Smokey light with a “bubble” moving. Bright light. ——————————————————————–

Place: Camps Bay Time and date: 11 December 2012 at 20:30 Submitted by: Anthony Report: Clear sky. Conical shape with bright forward light and bright star shaped light at rear in a cloud like mist. Heading from south over Camps Bay towards Table Mountain where dissipated. There were 8 of us watching and no one has seen anything like this in our skies before. Any explanation?

UFORSA

That is from the ufo research of south africa site.

Quite a documented sighting this.

As to what it is, I have no idea

vvv

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

And it will be visible over SA Phage?

Quite a distance is it not?

vvv

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Yes. Rockets go far. Especially when putting something in orbit.
Remember the Falcon 9, visible in Australia? It was launched from Cape Canaveral.
www.space.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Thats funky as. Alot of sightings leading up to the 21st. It might be operation bluebeam.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Since you feel this was stage separation, can you match the times up for us?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I agree this is one of the better documented sightings,I am pretty bummed about missing it though,when I am at home I always make sure that there is a fully charged camera close at hand and I regularly walk outside at night and just spend some time looking up ,if I was home I would have seen this and taken pics and video for certain

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I find this unlikely - stages 1 and 2 fell in the East China Sea, with other parts of the rocket known to have fallen short of the equatorial line.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Of course Phage, thank you. It is quite possible.

I also think it might be the Nasa OTV maybe being tested.

vvv

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I just tried to. Launch was at about 0100 UTC which would have been 0300 in Cape Town.
Still looks like a rocket though.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Question.... how high do these rockets go exactly?

When I've flown in planes at 30k+ feet, cities looked like small movie models, and large factories were the size of a pebble held at arm's length, cars not even visible, nor parks, lakes, baseball fields, nothing less than 1000+ feet in diameter, if that.

These objects seen in low orbit must be quite large for us to see them on the ground, no? I'd estimate an exploding tractor trailer truck would be nearly invisible to the naked eye if it was at 90k feet. Just curious about perspectives at such distances.

edit on 13-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: tyops

ETA- Good to see your old avatar back. I think that is how we all imagine you, because your responses definitely match Lithgow's facial expression.

edit on 13-12-2012 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Was reading some twitter and fb posts of some of my friends. People as far as De Aar saw this.

Now De Aar is about 400 to 500 kms away from cape town. And they saw it at the same time.

Rather strange indeed.

vvv

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You are seeing the expanding gasses and fuel released at stage separation, illuminated by sunlight. You are not seeing the vehicle itself.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

That is not unusual for this kind of sighting. An object 200 or 300 km above the surface can be seen over a very wide area.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

There is no Media report that north Korean Rocket parts fell in the Cape Town , South Africa

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join