It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I really did not want to start a thread about this yet, I need to find some answers though.

First, what good is the chat? Someone called my husband a douche and laughed at me, that was helpful.
How do we find real time help around here without really knowing anyone yet?

My biggest question is about a proposed 'Biometrics Wellness Program' at my husband's workplace. To my untrained ear Biometrics and Wellness Programs have nothing to do with each other. Though they do want to offer discounted insurance rates if you participate.

To me it sounds like another sugar coated scam to put people into the ID system.
I really need to find out as much as I can about this, please help!
Do I have any takers?

Thanks for even reading this.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I believe it's this:

Corporate Wellness/Biometric Data Collection

...Collected biometric data can even allow an employee’s doctor to assess that person’s health over many years, helping him or her spot trends and diagnose disease.

Our biometric data collection extends to a wide variety of health risk tests, including measurements of blood pressure, blood type, body fat, substance abuse, and susceptibility to cardiovascular disease. You or your corporate security department may find it useful to coordinate our biometric data collection and health screenings with your own biometric security procedures. Collecting biometric data for security purposes – like fingerprints, facial recognition imprints, or hand geometry – can be dovetailed with our health tests to minimize workflow disruption.

Cradle to grave....

By the way: I'm very sorry for your earlier experience. Some people--know what I mean?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by woodsmom

I hear you on the chat thing.

Beware of wellness programs,a employer screening in sheeps clothing.

www.wellnesscorporatesolutions.com...

edit on 12-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

That makes much more sense than how he described it to me over the phone, Thank you, still doesn't make me feel better, but it makes more sense.

ETA no worries, I am used to juveniles, just wasn't expecting that here, although lately.......
Thanks again!
edit on 13-12-2012 by woodsmom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That was my big worry. It doesn't add up.
My husband leaves the reading and research to me, but he called me today and started with "this is gonna make your blood boil" and it did. It bothered him and he gave his opinion on the matter as "H#*L NO", and called to ask me about biometrics as soon as he could.

I am tired of everytime I turn around they are pulling more crap on us. I used to take pride in being aware of the world, but I can't even keep up some days, the crazy toddler does not help. But when lately I turn around and it wants to walk into my house in any form, I have SERIOUS issues with that.

Thank You for your response!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

I hear you on the chat thing.

Beware of wellness programs,a employer screening in sheeps clothing.

www.wellnesscorporatesolutions.com...

edit on 12-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Indeed. That's what I was trying to say. The plan is "cradle to grave" tracking and screening. I was reading elsewhere on the site about blackboxes being required in all vehicles. Some states (the ones that can afford to do it) are starting to issue "Secure IDs" (plenty of information on this site about that, too).

Insurance companies and police (and presumably any other authorities) will be able to access the blackbox info. The Secure ID will eventually contain GPS and/or RFID. The data will be recorded and catalogued--also available to police, courts, other/all authorities. Anywhere you've been, any time, as long as your license/Secure ID is on your person, will be a matter of record.

Whatsa matter--you don't like your entire life being an open book? Got something to hide?

All this is why I've been praying for a worldwide EMP event. Wipe everything electronic and start all over....

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Back to the natural way of things......
It scares me because I have kids but I agree with your final statement.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

It is a very gray area,it is claimed to be able to highlight any future potential health risks by monitoring the individuals biometric data,however,when I have asked one of these medical outfits which data they actually monitor they were less than vague!,needless to say I passed on their offer.

To me it looks like a precursor to DNA monitoring(a la GATACA).

edit on 13-12-2012 by nake13 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nake13

So, they weren't up front with you about what was data was used?
But this is for medical practices, aren't there some personal rights available to us anymore?

Thanks for your response, I never even thought of the DNA tracking.
I was more concerned with distance recognition, but that is even scarier.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The only aspect of this screening that they discussed was the taking of blood samples,with various permissions that I would have had to consented to for my blood test results to be entered into their records,however,I saw no reason why they couldn't just ignore my wishes should I not have given the appropriate permissions and enter my blood results(and by association my DNA) onto their own databases.

top topics

join