It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I buy Christmas Presents?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
simple... only buy presents for those who know the world will still be here after 12.21..12 ... if they believe world going to end dont waste time and money buying them presents...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other wayin short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Dickens was a man ahead of his time. His words still true today.

Reading this thread it would appear that the Grinch stole Christmas once again. Not to worry, I'm sure good will rise to the occasion and save Christmas like so many times before.

Seriously though. Take a look at these guys' Christmas and their situation, yet they managed to celebrate Christmas. Your/our situation can hardly be compared to that. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
I love to hear that...I have a large family - 6 children and a single mom whose dad is not paying child support (owes me over 76,000). I will be lucky to keep the power on for the holidays. Luckily most of my children are teenagers now and understand the situation. My younger children may not, but I hope to make it a great day regardless. I hope they remember the days with our family and the fun we have, since there will be no gifts this year. Blessings to you.

Summer5 you post really got to me.
I sit here a full grown man 6 foot 2 in talled 265 pound crying like a baby for you.
I can not begin to tell you how sorry i am for you and your children.
If i could i would buy and pay for you and your children's christmas.
But i myself am in the same position and no job.My hart breaks for you.
And at the same time my blood boils with anger at the government.
All the bank bail outs and all the money that they have stolen.
I swear the USA is being destroyed from the inside out.
I will pray for you and your family.I am so sorry your going through this.
It just break my hart too no ends.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Gemwolf because: Fixed quote

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by grayghost

Originally posted by summer5
I love to hear that...I have a large family - 6 children and a single mom whose dad is not paying child support (owes me over 76,000). I will be lucky to keep the power on for the holidays. Luckily most of my children are teenagers now and understand the situation. My younger children may not, but I hope to make it a great day regardless. I hope they remember the days with our family and the fun we have, since there will be no gifts this year. Blessings to you.

Summer5 you post really got to me.
I sit here a full grown man 6 foot 2 in talled 265 pound crying like a baby for you.
I can not begin to tell you how sorry i am for you and your children.
If i could i would buy and pay for you and your children's christmas.
But i myself am in the same position and no job.My hart breaks for you.
And at the same time my blood boils with anger at the government.
All the bank bail outs and all the money that they have stolen.
I swear the USA is being destroyed from the inside out.
I will pray for you and your family.I am so sorry your going through this.
It just break my hart too no ends.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Gemwolf because: Fixed quote

Please do not cry for me, or my family. I love you for your sweet heart - thank you so much. I struggle through this time of year, every year. I am use to it. My kids (the older ones) are use to it. It is okay. Tonight, I don't know why, it has been a struggle for me. I have had thoughts, bad thoughts, that my children would be better off with out me. I have had these thoughts before, I get over it. But when others are getting all they "want" and I can not do that for my children (as much as I want to) it breaks my heart. Yet my children understand, or at least say they do.
Blessings to you and yours.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
No problem.
Just wait until the 22nd to start shopping.
edit on 12/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Now that really is my definition of hell on earth. It's bad enough doing the food shop. You can put money on some poor blighter getting stretchered out of a packed supermarket after the 21st with a stress induced heart attack. My local seems to put an ambulance on standby just in case. I'm expecting a few injuries to occur due to people fighting over the sprouts this year.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join