It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I buy Christmas Presents?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Not too sure about the 21/12/12 doomsday mayan theory.
But Iam a tightwad.
Could i get away with not buying anyone any presents using this end of the world theory as an excuse?
OK a couple of days gap the sky doesn't fall in but wow what a way to save money?
Should we be Christmas shopping at all?
It seems odd to in fact do anything if the world is about to end except get straight with whatever God you know or wish to know?
I think it is a valid question.
And I sure do love my full wallet.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Is money your God?
Buy some presents because if the world does end the money isn't going to do you any good.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
What would Scrooge do?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

I'd spend ALL my money on presents.

If the world ends, then money won't do you any good in the afterlife.

If it doesn't end?

Then you'll be seen as a kind and generous person.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yeah don't buy presents.. Send all your money to me just incase the world does end and if it doesn't, I will send it all straight back to you.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Is money your God?
Buy some presents because if the world does end the money isn't going to do you any good.

No but neither are the presents going to be doing any good.
I think we should all hold off and then hug on christmas if the world hasn't ended?
With our fat walllets bulging ?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Live life like there is no tomorrow. Even if the world doesn't end you will be happy. My grandma always told me to live in the present, the future is always uncertain. and wear clean underwear just in case.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Give me your money. I will keep it safe.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrionsWitness
Could i get away with not buying anyone any presents using this end of the world theory as an excuse?

Yes the world will end on the 21st, so send me my presents now so I can enjoy them before
the pole shift kills me or I ascend to what ever light world in Orion.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
No problem.
Just wait until the 22nd to start shopping.
edit on 12/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OrionsWitness

Well then celebrate your Christmas on the 21st since it could be your last.
Give out rations. Nothing say's love like rations.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
No problem.
Just wait until the 22nd to start shopping.
edit on 12/12/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

That's suicide. I'd rather the world end.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If you ask most adults their favorite memory of a past christmas it will be who they spent it with more than what the gift was. I use to work in a nursing home and around the holidays the residents would speak of past holidays and who they spent the day with vs what they received. On our death beds it's not what we got for gifts that matter, it's whose lives we touched that matters most.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by todd44

Awesome! My Grandma probably didn't say it...but here's the rest:

Sing, like no one's listening,
Dance, like no one's watching,
Work, like you don't need the money,
Give, like you expect nothing in return,
Live, like there is no tomorrow,
Love, like you'll never get hurt,
Party, like there's no tomorrow.

I'm gonna give presents to the people that matter the most to me tomorrow. And tell them to open them whenever they want to. Will STRONGLY suggest that they do it prior to 12/21/12...just in case...

What's it gonna hurt if you were gonna do it anyway??

edit on 13-12-2012 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Is money your God?

This is a great idea.

Go ahead and max out those cards.

And if nothing happens it will help boost the economy.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
If you ask most adults their favorite memory of a past christmas it will be who they spent it with more than what the gift was. I use to work in a nursing home and around the holidays the residents would speak of past holidays and who they spent the day with vs what they received. On our death beds it's not what we got for gifts that matter, it's whose lives we touched that matters most.

Wish I could give you some extra stars for that. I come from a large family (6 brothers, 4 sisters--all of us growing old now), and Christmases with family are what I remember. Not a single gift do I remember, unless there's some particular or funny incident associated with it....

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
LOL what a depressing thought around Christmas time.

Besides that, being that the idea is the 21st it means you have another 4 days, and that excuss would sound redundant lol "Sorry kids, but there's no presents this Christmas, I was too concerned about the Mayan Calender's misinterpreted predictions" haha

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Originally posted by summer5

Wish I could give you some extra stars for that. I come from a large family (6 brothers, 4 sisters--all of us growing old now), and Christmases with family are what I remember. Not a single gift do I remember, unless there's some particular or funny incident associated with it....

I love to hear that...I have a large family - 6 children and a single mom whose dad is not paying child support (owes me over 76,000). I will be lucky to keep the power on for the holidays. Luckily most of my children are teenagers now and understand the situation. My younger children may not, but I hope to make it a great day regardless. I hope they remember the days with our family and the fun we have, since there will be no gifts this year. Blessings to you.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
No one should ever buy Christmas presents. Nows a good a time to stop as any.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

start knocking on doors, saying "you owe me, pay up do you not know the 21st is a few days away? the 22nd would be to late" well you asked.
and yes now is the time to buy or wait till the 26th when everything is on sale and say "Santa got held up by the TSA"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join